Notices

TiBB Photography Competition Forum for TiBB's photography competition. Apply now.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:33 PM #26
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Scampi
Quote:
Originally posted by King
Quote:
Originally posted by Xander
Not everyone here has the ability to change exposure nor has cameras good enough to capture certain elements or lives in the country/seaside etc...
So far the themes I have set have notbeen so typical but have tried to be interesting. The reason why this theme is similar to the last is because I wanted to extend on the previous theme. If you just going to keep critisizinf me I would prefer you not to comment in my thread.
I'm not criticising you at all. I'm merely asking a question, there's no harm in that? Yeah, maybe not everybody has the ability to change exposure but that's why it's a contest, people compete as to who can do best. Surely taking pictures of colours is something 7 year olds could do. I'm not bashing or anything, I'm just stating the obvious.

And no, lol. I won't "shh".
Yeh you dont in them msn convos do you
Nah, I don't. I say what I feel rather than dampening it down like 80% of the members. Sorry I'm not your typical "loving the white picket fence, calm aura'd" person, it's nauseating.
King is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:34 PM #27

Quote:
Quote:
Not everyone here has the ability to change exposure nor has cameras good enough to capture certain elements or lives in the country/seaside etc...
So far the themes I have set have notbeen so typical but have tried to be interesting. The reason why this theme is similar to the last is because I wanted to extend on the previous theme. If you just going to keep critisizinf me I would prefer you not to comment in my thread.
I'm not criticising you at all. I'm merely asking a question, there's no harm in that? Yeah, maybe not everybody has the ability to change exposure but that's why it's a contest, people compete as to who can do best. Surely taking pictures of colours is something 7 year olds could do. I'm not bashing or anything, I'm just stating the obvious.

but its all a bit of fun same as the other games on Tibb, and as for the comment about taking pics of colours is something 7 year olds could do i think this is rubbish i now for me the only reason i have a little whinge about the themes is cos they push my boundaries and safe zones (i am very much someone who takes portraits only) i have enjoyed the comp as i am sure the others have and it was/is a fab idea from Xander
pinkmichk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:36 PM #28

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lucie Jones

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nah, I don't. I say what I feel rather than dampening it down like 80% of the members. Sorry I'm not your typical "loving the white picket fence, calm aura'd" person, it's nauseating.
What being racist and calling people fat is dampening it down. Oh yeh and telling people to faint and run into a moving bus. That sounds calm to me.
Sam! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:39 PM #29
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

to be a cheeky here (like always)...

...Pink is not actually in the rainbow.

It's Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.

Good luck guys.
Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:41 PM #30

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by ukturtle
to be a cheeky here (like always)...

...Pink is not actually in the rainbow.

It's Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.

Good luck guys.
Yeh your right but he meant the song lol.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:43 PM #31
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkmichk
Quote:
Quote:

but its all a bit of fun same as the other games on Tibb, and as for the comment about taking pics of colours is something 7 year olds could do i think this is rubbish i now for me the only reason i have a little whinge about the themes is cos they push my boundaries and safe zones (i am very much someone who takes portraits only) i have enjoyed the comp as i am sure the others have and it was/is a fab idea from Xander
It's not though, lol. Any 7 year old could assemble those colours and take a picture of them. But if you enjoy it then go for it.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What being racist and calling people fat is dampening it down. Oh yeh and telling people to faint and run into a moving bus. That sounds calm to me.
Mmm, my opinions are my opinions. It's nothing nobody hasn't done before; it occured on Saturday over the board, too. Another thing if you're going to pull me up on this at least get your facts straight, I wasn't the one who told anybody to go running into a moving bus and I didn't tell anybody to faint. Not once in my qupte did I say that I'm calm, I said that I wasn't. Read.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:44 PM #32

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's not though, lol. Any 7 year old could assemble those colours and take a picture of them. But if you enjoy it then go for it.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mmm, my opinions are my opinions. It's nothing nobody hasn't done before; it occured on Saturday over the board, too. Another thing if you're going to pull me up on this at least get your facts straight, I wasn't the one who told anybody to go running into a moving bus and I didn't tell anybody to faint. Not once in my qupte did I say that I'm calm, I said that I wasn't. Read.
*reads*. You invited the t**ts in to say all the other s**t though so yeh. READ.. yeh I can, well done.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:46 PM #33
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

*reads*. You invited the t**ts in to say all the other s**t though so yeh. READ.. yeh I can, well done.
Oh yeah because I have the powers of possession? I'm not God, I can't control what people do; they do it out of their own free will, look it up. And maybe you can read but not thoroughly.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:55 PM #34

I still have no Idea for this =//
Fom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:03 PM #35
M C F L Y <3

Favourites (more):
I'm a Celeb 2012: Helen Flanagan
X Factor 2012: James Arthur

M C F L Y <3

Favourites (more):
I'm a Celeb 2012: Helen Flanagan
X Factor 2012: James Arthur

Taken mine xx

Took a while too think about, but its cool (:
Nicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:26 PM #36

Yay I have an idea... I got the idea from some art I saw today... clever me
I am 100% no one will have my idea, and i like to think its very out of the box... taking a big risk with it though!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:39 PM #37

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you.
I merely wanted to make this fair for everyone, so that everyone had a chance.
Your choices of themes I find quite bleak and typical (as I have said), the themse that i have chosen throughout this contest I have tried to make interesting rather than something simple as landscapes. I wanted to test peoples creativity and actually think about there photo rather than taking it without any thought, and so far I have tried my best to do that.
Yes the concept of taking pictures of colours might seem a little babyish, but you will find that it is a relatively hard theme to do, as some people have said on here. Yes its quite simple to take pictures of some colours but then the photo would be uninteresting, so thats why this theme is taking picture consisiting of those colours to make the photo more interesting.
I tried my best in this contest, but obviously it isn't good enough for some people.
Xander is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:44 PM #38

fom i have a idea as well that is very out of the box but it depends if i can get what i need tomorrow but if i cant get it looking how i think in my head i am well and truly stuck
Old 07-10-2008, 09:47 PM #39

Quote:
I tried my best in this contest, but obviously it isn't good enough for some people.
well i think its fab and i am sure king was saying he was interested in next round so maybe he is just a tad jealous that he didnt get chance to take part in this one
Old 07-10-2008, 09:50 PM #40

Quote:
fom i have a idea as well that is very out of the box but it depends if i can get what i need tomorrow but if i cant get it looking how i think in my head i am well and truly stuck
Luckily my idea will work no matter what I have everything I need... just gotta hope for sun... although then again, rain would make it even better :P

I just have to wait till day time to take it!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:51 PM #41

Quote:
Originally posted by Fom
Quote:
Luckily my idea will work no matter what I have everything I need... just gotta hope for sun... although then again, rain would make it even better :P

I just have to wait till day time to take it!

Oooo.

*Is Interested*

Old 07-10-2008, 09:53 PM #42

Favourites:
The Apprentice 2013: Jason
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Favourites:
The Apprentice 2013: Jason
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Xander this has been a brilliant competition - as a viewer I've really enjoyed it and always voted. I think the themes were good considering all the age groups and different cameras /abilities. The best was the "energy" one as you really had to think.
SiaSiaSia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:46 PM #43

Quote:
Originally posted by SiaSiaSia
Xander this has been a brilliant competition - as a viewer I've really enjoyed it and always voted. I think the themes were good considering all the age groups and different cameras /abilities. The best was the "energy" one as you really had to think.

Just a reminder to get your entries in this saturday just before 6.00pm!
Old 08-10-2008, 04:34 PM #44

i think i am gonna be gone this round still havent got a pic and not happy with the ideas i had
Old 08-10-2008, 04:57 PM #45
CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Ben

CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Ben

I think this is a very good theme as it will show who is best and thinks more and then shows who need there camera smashing up.good luck everyone!
\PJ/ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:26 PM #46

I've got a photo... I get it, but Im not sure if others will?
Oh well im gonna take a risk and hope you all get my photo... its meant to look like im adding something into the picture... anyway im gonna send it in a min. So Xander your curiosity will soon be fullfilled
(my picture worked out the way i planned for once)
Old 08-10-2008, 07:30 PM #47

Yay^^

Kinda a annoucment I suppose well....

"Tibb Photography Contest: Xmas Special"

I am thinking of hosting this, not 100% sure but it will run for 4 weeks, 8 contestants, and with the introduction of judges this time.

Will have to see how much interest I get.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:31 PM #48

I would well enter that :P
Although I have a show round that time so may not be on a lot.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:31 PM #49

Favourites:

Favourites:

I would defo apply to be a judge in that!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:32 PM #50

Ooo and also it will have Xmas themes, LOL hence why its at Christmas.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
contest, contestants, photography, read, round, themes, tibb