Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2004-'08 [S1-5] Discussion of previous series (2004-2008) and the contestants. Winners were Steve Brookstein, Shayne Ward, Leona Lewis, Leon Jackson and Alexandra Burke.

Old 20-10-2008, 03:00 PM #26
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Quote:
Originally posted by Adamw92

and you know this how? have you heard her sing a fast song? just because she's sang TWO slow songs doesnt mean she can't sing fast ones very good
Dont you think there's a reason she picked two slow songs?
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 04:10 PM #27

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

Favourites (more):

TBF Man In The Mirror wasn't slow, it was mid tempo.
Austin has picked 2 slow songs, Laura has too, does that mean they cant do fast ones?
Billy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 04:22 PM #28

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by GiRTh
I still don't like her. She doesn't have a pure enough tone to her voice. Plus, what's with her turning her back to the audience so that she can mug the camera? She needs to learn a thing or two about stage presence.

It was obvious she was going to pick a slow Jacko song, in fact just about all of them picked Jacko's slower songs hence rendering Jacko week as a bit of non event. She does have a certain haunting quality to her voice but I think her range is very limited.
Her stage presence is amazing :| The whole back turning thing made that performance even better, it shows she doesnt have to be even looking at the audience etc for an amazing performance, and you don't have to have an amazing range or a belting voice to be a good singer.
Old 20-10-2008, 04:28 PM #29

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy21
Quote:
I still don't like her. She doesn't have a pure enough tone to her voice. Plus, what's with her turning her back to the audience so that she can mug the camera? She needs to learn a thing or two about stage presence.

It was obvious she was going to pick a slow Jacko song, in fact just about all of them picked Jacko's slower songs hence rendering Jacko week as a bit of non event. She does have a certain haunting quality to her voice but I think her range is very limited.
Her stage presence is amazing :| The whole back turning thing made that performance even better, it shows she doesnt have to be even looking at the audience etc for an amazing performance, and you don't have to have an amazing range or a belting voice to be a good singer.
If the camera wasn't there would she still have done it? No.

Diana is good and I do like her, I just don't see all the hype around her. But bookies favourites in the past year or so never win so ...
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 04:30 PM #30

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
Quote:

Diana is good and I do like her, I just don't see all the hype around her. But bookies favourites in the past year or so never win so ...
Obviously she wouldn't have done it, but it is still part of her stage presence which made the performance even better.
Old 20-10-2008, 04:30 PM #31
Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

She is told what to do on stage BTW, she didn't just turn and look at the camera because she wanted to, she had to. And it made the performance so much better to.
Locke. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 04:30 PM #32

Most them haven't picked a fast song yet. It's only JLS that has, if I'm not mistaken. Oh scott and rachel as well but it was a disaster for them both. And yeah man in the mirror is mid tempo, it's not slow at all.
ss00 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 04:43 PM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
Quote:

Obviously she wouldn't have done it, but it is still part of her stage presence which made the performance even better.
Praise Brian Friedman for that, not Diana. She didn't just see the camera and think "oh I'll stare into that for a bit" and she just happened to turn around at the right time. All the camera shots, movements and positioning are pre planned down to every last audience reaction shot. Its why they always know what camera to look down.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
diana