Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2002 - 2014 Discuss the previous series of I'm a Celeb in this sub-forum.

Old 26-10-2008, 03:40 PM #1

Default I’m single again, says Cerys Matthews

Quote:
I’m single again, says Cerys Matthews
JUNGLE lovers Cerys Matthews and Marc Bannerman have split up AGAIN – according to the singer’s Facebook profile.

It’s the latest saga in the couple’s troubled relationship which has hit the rocks once before.

The star-crossed lovers met in the Australian outback last year on reality hit I’m A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! and their romance blossomed.

During their affair, the pair cashed in with a series of glossy magazine interviews, earning an estimated £1m.

But Cerys dumped Bannerman, 35, by phone two days before Valentine’s Day claiming the ex-EastEnder couldn’t cope with her responsibilities as a mother.

The former Catatonia star, 39, also moaned the distance between London and Wales had forced them apart, claiming she wanted to bring up her two kids Glenys Pearl Y-Felin and Johnny Tupelo Jones in the green, green grass of home.

Just four months later, Wales on Sunday revealed they rekindled their love after Cerys moved into Marc’s London flat over the summer.

But once again things appear to have taken a turn for the worse – and on Tuesday Cerys changed her relationship status on the social networking site from “In A Relationship” to “Single”.

On her profile she calls herself Cerys Riddle – using the name of her ex-husband, Nashville music producer Seth Riddle.

Yet, while she has thrown herself into her music, Marc has been pining for his former lover. The handsome actor confirmed the couple were no longer together but said he still loved her.

Speaking ahead of his arrival in Edinburgh for a theatre run, he said: “I am still as much in love with Cerys right now as the day I fell head-over-heels for her in the jungle.

“While we are not together, that might change – who knows? It doesn’t mean she does not love me. It just means that she has got two children to bring up and other big concerns. It is complicated. Life goes on.”

Even though his behaviour in the jungle led to Footballers’ Wives actress Sarah Matravers, 33, dumping him, Marc said it was all worth it.

The actor best known for his portrayal of Gianni di Marco in EastEnders added: “I have no regrets. My only reason for taking the I’m A Celebrity... job is that I thought if I could do that I could do anything.

“I honestly went into it naively as an experiment on myself, my own character. Not to pump up my profile.

“But if I have learned anything as a result, it is that I am quite naive. Quite innocent in lots of respects.”

Cerys, originally from Trefin, Pembrokeshire, is working on a new studio album and is set to kick off a joint tour with ex-Beautiful South frontman Paul Heaton, taking in a total of 11 dates.

She was recently seen apparently being chatted up by Kaiser Chiefs frontman Ricky Wilson at the NME awards after party but she spurned his advances and left early with friend Tom Jones, with whom she duetted on 1999 hit Baby It’s Cold Outside.

Last night her agent told Wales on Sunday: “I’ve got no idea whether Marc and Cerys are still together. I speak to her twice a day, every day. But we never speak about it.”
Source:Wales Online
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2008, 03:42 PM #2
Jen

Jen

Her life is one epic LOL to me.
Jen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 07:48 AM #3

Well everyone knew it wouldn't last.
Jackie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 06:44 PM #4

Quote: