Notices

Strictly Come Dancing Discuss the BBC's dancing show here.

Old 27-10-2008, 11:53 AM #1

Default Nice pecs... shame about the dancing: Olympic swimmer Mark Foster sinks as he\'s voted off Strictly

Quote:
Nice pecs... shame about the dancing: Olympic swimmer Mark Foster sinks as he's voted off Strictly
Olympic swimmer Mark Foster was the sixth celebrity to be voted off Strictly Come Dancing last night - and gave the audience one final surprise by ripping off his sequinned shirt!

After performing the Paso Doble, the combination of the viewer votes and judges’ scores left Mark and his partner Hayley Holt in the bottom two with Andrew Castle and Ola Jordan.

Both couples had to perform a second time for the judges’ deciding vote.

Giving out their scores, the judges were not exactly complimentary about the performance.

Len Goodman, Brunio Tonioli, Arlene Phillips and Arlene Phillips, giving him a score of three out of 10, chastised the 38-year-old for his lack of timing.

She said: 'You were not in time with the music. When you swim, do you swim with a rhythm in time? If you use that it will help your dance.'

Len Goodman gave him a score of six, but he still stuck the knife in by saying Mark was clearly not a natural dancer.

He said: 'You had body shaping in the dance. The trouble is you’re not a natural dancer so everything you do, everything you move, is taught and because it’s all taught it sometimes looks a bit awkward.

'You’re no good at dancing. I’m no good at swimming. It can’t be helped, can it?'

Bruno Tonioli, giving a score of five, didn't hold back either. He said: 'Painful shambles. You look like a God, but you dance like a geek.

'You couldn’t put all the shapes together with the music. It’s all very well looking great and hitting a point, but you have to keep it on time and you just lost it completely.'

And Craig Revel Horwood gave the lowest score of two, saying: 'It was a little bit like a stick insect on acid and at times rather grotesque I’m afraid.'

The judges gave them a total of 16 out of 40 for their performance.

After the dance-off, Andrew and Ola were saved by Craig, Arlene, and Bruno who all voted for them to stay in the competition, leaving head judge Len to comment on the couples rather than vote.

Len said: 'On this occasion, for the first time in three weeks, I did agree with the other judges tonight.'

After Mark and Hayley’s elimination, Mark said: 'Hayley’s the best and I’ve had the best time – I’m sorry I let you down.'

The Sunday results show had performances from Enrique Iglesias and the cast of hit musical ‘The Jersey Boys’.

Next week the remaining celebrity couples will each be performing different dance routines for the first time to stay in the competition.
Source and Pictures: Daily Mail
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 01:36 PM #2
ELECTRA HEART

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
The Voice 2012: Vince Kidd
ELECTRA HEART

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
The Voice 2012: Vince Kidd

He was a terrible dancer.

I would rather andrew go though.
Damaris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
dancing, foster, he's, mark, nice, olympic, pecs, shame, sinks, strictly, swimmer, voted