Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2002 - 2014 Discuss the previous series of I'm a Celeb in this sub-forum.

Old 21-11-2008, 07:56 AM #1

Default Kilroy-Silk hailed a hero in camp after undergoing gruesome Jungle Gym trial to win 12 stars

Quote:
Kilroy-Silk hailed a hero in camp after undergoing gruesome Jungle Gym trial to win 12 stars
Another day, another bushtucker trial for former talk show host Robert Kilroy-Silk.

The 66-year-old was horrified when I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly told him he had been chosen by the public, yet again, to take part in a gruesome live task entitled Jungle Gym.

A stunned Kilroy-Silk said: 'What have I done wrong? It's for what I said about Newcastle isn't it?'

To win 12 stars, Kilroy-Silk was told he would have to undergo six different gym work-outs, which all involved various creatures of the bush.

He was witnessed by his fellow 11 campmates, including the new additions Timmy Mallett and David Van Day.

The first part of the task involved an exercise bike, which required Kilroy-Silk to cycle it for a minute while being hailed with a sea of bugs.

After successfully completing that task and winning one star, he moved on to the push-ups.

This particularly gruesome part of the task involved Kilroy-Silk doing press-ups above three boxes filled with various jungle nasties and him reaching into the boxes to pick up three stars with his teeth.

To his horror, the three boxes contains sandworms, rats and snakes, but he soldiered on and managed to get all three stars as his campmates looked on in horror.

Upon reflection after the task was finished, he said: 'That was the worst.'

In a bid to share his distress with his campmates, he picked up a rat and carried it over to them, prompting WAG Nicola McLean to run away.

Next up was the 'Bite Bag', which required Kilroy-Silk to search for a star in a sack full of biting green ants.

The next section required Kilroy-Silk to drink a 'protein shake' of blended cockroaches and crickets in 10 seconds.

Before swilling the disgusting drink, he asked for permission to throw up afterwards, but managed to down the whole drink in time without gagging, winning another star.

He then cycled through a rainforest canopy of critters and spiders picking up stars with his teeth - often biting off more than he can chew when the offending bugs crawled onto his face.

Next up, was the bench press-ups, which like the exercise bike, saw Kilroy-Silk exercising while being showered with bugs.

Throughout the task, new campmate Mallett was heard laughing hysterically - much to the disdain of Kilroy-Silk.

After successfully completing the task, Kilroy-Silk had a go at Mallett.

He said: 'I don't like the way he's laughing. You're supposed to be on my side.'

Walking over to the former children's TV presenter, he smeared some of the bugs from his clothes onto Mallett's head.

In a bid to show support, Mallett gave him a hug, resulting in even more bugs on top of him.

Finally, the last part of the task involved a creepy sauna - full of snakes.

Kilroy had to pull two stars off poles on the wall of the sauna - by moving the snakes out of the way.

Mallett piped up: 'Come of Robert.'

Kilroy-Silk appreciated the change of tone from the former Whakaday host, saying: 'That's better Tim, a bit more supportive.'

After completing the sauna task, Ant and Dec announced Kilroy-Silk had won 12 out of 12 stars for camp.

As his delighted campmates rushed to congratulate them - they did so at arm's length, reluctant to touch the politicians who was covered in various jungle insects.

Brian Paddick declared Kilroy-Silk was a 'hero' as he lead the troupe back to camp.
Source and Pictures: Daily Mail
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 05:12 PM #2

He did do well in that trial.
Jackie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
12, camp, gruesome, gym, hailed, hero, jungle, kilroysilk, stars, trial, undergoing, win