Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2002 - 2014 Discuss the previous series of I'm a Celeb in this sub-forum.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:34 AM #1

Default Tears in the jungle: I\'m A Celebrity campmates break down after letters from home

Quote:
Tears in the jungle: I'm A Celebrity campmates break down after letters from home
There wasn't a dry eye in the... camp, when the I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! contestants received letters from home.

All the campmates, including the usually level-headed Martina Navratilova, wept as they took turns in reading someone else's letter to the camp.

David Van Day read Brian Paddick's letter from his fiancé Petter Belsvik, which moved the former police commissioner to tears.

The letter read: 'I'm proud of everything you’ve done…the way you look after your campmates proves to the world that I’m the luckiest man alive because I have you.'

The camp's soppiest contestant Nicola cried throughout everyone's letters, but managed to stay composed enough to read Martina's letter from her agent and close friend Barbara.

Nicola read: 'We love watching you, kick butt and keeping everyone in line.

'Head up, knockers out, you go girl, you rock.'

Martina broke down as she read George Takei's letter from his husband Brad Altman.

The letter reads: 'I do not know when you will emerge from the jungle but I do know I will be waiting to embrace you in my arms.

'Until that glorious moment keep your spirits up by singing your new favourite song...'

At that moment, George broke out into a rendition of 'Olly, Olly, Olly', leaving the campmate's tears turning to laughters.

Simon was up for a pleasant surprise when he received a letter from his girlfriend Layla Manoocheri, who informed him she was in Australia waiting for his release.

Brian read the letter: 'Surprise! I’m in Australia! Remember to be nice to everyone and keep that handsome smile on your face, I fancy you a lot.’

George read Joe's from his mum Kiffy: ‘Your sisters and all your family and nan are so proud of you.

'Try not to get any more ants in your pants. PS. Roast dinner waiting.’

As the emotion reached a crescendo in camp, it appeared Simon couldn't read all of Nicola's emotional letter from her footballer fiance Tommy Williams after being overcome.

A sobbing Nicola listened intently, as Brian continued: 'Rocky and I will be waiting at the airport to welcome you back our special jungle Queen.'

Last, but not least, was David Van Day, who received a letter from his two daughters Amber and Olivia.

The letter was read by Joe: 'Your Bushtucker trials have left us laughing and extremely proud.

'Hang in there, stay positive and we love you to the moon and back.'
Source and Pictures: Daily Mail
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:20 AM #2

I had tears in my eyes yesturday when those letters were read out.
Jackie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
break, campmates, celebrity, home, jungle, letters, tears