Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2002 - 2014 Discuss the previous series of I'm a Celeb in this sub-forum.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:48 AM #1

Default \'I\'ve still got the hots for Dec!\' Janice Dickinson gives her verdict on the stars of this year\'s I\'m a Celebrity

Quote:
'I've still got the hots for Dec!' Janice Dickinson gives her verdict on the stars of this year's I'm a Celebrity
Had a straw poll been conducted among last year's I'm A Celebrity contestants to decide which was more terrifying - the snake that slithered through the camp or the sight of Janice Dickinson in full flow - the result would have been too close to call.

But while the self-appointed 'world's first supermodel' could have been accused of many things, providing dull TV was not one of them.

She flirted wildly with Dec - the poor chap is still blushing - threatened to fry up fellow contestant Lynne Franks's 'big old boobs', and battled with assorted mealworms, cockroaches and rats in Bushtucker Trials.

She even conjured up a catchphrase - 'Oh maaan!' - which was uttered in moments of stress and which has now slipped into I'm A Celebrity folklore by becoming a mobile phone ring tone.

In this year's series, which ends tonight, the bombastic and conspiratorial David Van Day and the terminally irritating Timmy Mallett have looked like a pair of Zen priests in comparison.

Though the public didn't immediately take to Janice and her opinionated style - gleefully nominating her for task after task - the viewers eventually warmed to her, making her runner-up to King Of The Jungle Christopher Biggins.

But while Biggins and his national treasure status might have been expected to win out over Janice's unpredictability, she is still not amused.

'It was totally fixed!' she exclaims, back home in her native habitat of LA. 'I heard afterwards that I had really won but they gave it to Biggins because he was meant to be getting his own talkshow on the BBC. They need to recount those votes from last year because I believe I won.

'I mean, I did ten trials back-to-back. I broke the record for trials and by the end I felt: "You Brits, give me a break, will you?"

'I was dying inside. But I took it as a backhanded compliment that I was voted to do so many challenges because I think the British people wanted to see what I was going to do next.'

It takes a special kind of person to view being dumped in a vat of fish guts as a sign that people like you, but then Janice is a special kind of girl. Love her or hate her - and there really is no other option - no one can deny her entertainment value.

Having just returned from a stint as a guest judge on Finland's Next Top Model - a girl's got to make a living - she fizzes about her home in the Hollywood Hills, looking pretty good for 53 in skinny jeans and black Prada boots.

But with those extensive plastic surgery procedures to her credit - a boob job, tummy tuck, facelift and Botox injections among them - so she should.

She rustles up some tea but on discovering she's run out of semi-skimmed, pours in chocolate milk instead ('One thing I learned from the jungle was how to make do,' she says. 'It's still milk, after all.')

Even though I've interviewed Janice on several occasions, by the time we're done I'm drained enough to understand why her fellow contestants felt like they'd been hit by a tornado.

'But I think the viewers could see that I didn't bulls*** and I was honest, which is why I did well. And people basically aren't that interesting, which is something you really couldn't say about me.'

Between Carly Zucker's bawling and Brian Paddick's nude bathing, this year's I'm A Celebrity has been dull enough to warrant a much needed injection of Janice into proceedings, although Van Day and Mallett certainly livened things up.

She says: 'The men were scared of me in the jungle because I'm an alpha female. So is that big old sassy Martina Navratilova - I bet she frightened the s*** out of the guys in there.

'She's a champion, a legend and did well in her challenges. Even if she hasn't said much, so what? I'd pay to watch her being silent. She's hot, too. I'd do her in a flash!'

Janice also has an affinity for Nicola McLean, who was evicted on Tuesday, not only because 'she's gorgeous with great boobs' but because 'she stood up for herself'.

'People might have found her annoying,' says Janice. 'But she stood for everything I stood for, too. When she said she didn't want to put any effort into winning stars for David and Timmy, no one liked it, but at least it was honest. I felt that way. I didn't want to feed people who had been slagging me off either.'

Nicola, along with just about everyone else, was irritated by Timmy Mallett's laugh. Janice sympathises.

'People's laughs do get to you after that amount of time. When you're feeling hungry, irritable and homesick, character defects start to grate. I had to sit there day after day looking at Biggins's and Lynne's stomachs, so I know how Nicola feels.

She's sad that Esther Rantzen was voted off on Sunday. 'I applaud her for taking part,' she says. 'I love a woman who takes care of herself and, at 68, she's hot and has an amazing body. But celibate for eight years? I doubt that.

'I could see her and Joe Swash getting together after the show. She could be a real cougar.

'Joe's just adorable and that whole Robert Redford-Meryl Streep Out Of Africa thing he did by washing Esther's hair was cute.

'But hey, he's an actor and probably wants to show his soft side. And he's flatulent, too, which is pretty gross.'

Janice was underwhelmed by this year's male celebs, apart that is from Ant and Dec, for whom her loins still rage. One of last year's best sights was seeing the Geordie duo try to hide their blushes in the face of Janice's full-frontal assaults.

As she is a woman who has grappled sexually with the likes of Sylvester Stallone, Mick Jagger, Warren Beatty and Jack Nicholson, one feared for the poor boys' safety.

Sadly, the intervening 12 months have left her unable to remember which one is which. 'Ant hasn't called me in a year. Fickle b*****d!'

I thought she fancied Dec? 'Oh, did I? I can't remember which was which, but I liked them both.

Who was the one without the wife?' Dec. 'Oh, I still have the hots for little Dec. He's got that wild look in his eyes, trust me. I really wanted to snog him, he was so hot.

'I'm telling you - give me that little one and I'll show him a good time.'

Surely he'd only come up to Amazonian Janice's knees? 'So what?' she exclaims. 'So did Mick Jagger.'

While Sir Mick didn't call Janice after the show to offer his congratulations, actor David O'Hara (The Departed, Prime Suspect), with whom Janice previously had a dalliance, sent her a text message saying: 'You really out-bitched them - keep up the good work.'

As Janice unabashedly admits, he was one of more than 1,000 men - and women - she has bedded. As well as a threesome with Grace Jones and Dolph Lundgren, Janice frolicked with Kelly LeBrock and revels in her status as 'the wildest supermodel ever'.

A stalwart of New York's Studio 54 hotspot in her Seventies heyday, Janice partied hard, battling both drink and drug addictions.

While she's putting make-up on in the bedroom, I sneak a quick peek in her walk-in closet and see shelves filled top-to-toe with Christian Louboutin shoes and all manner of designer gear, which I assume she got as freebies on shoots.

'All paid for by me, honey,' she replies. 'I worked hard and still do as I have kids to take care of.'

Those kids are her 14-year-old daughter, Savannah, and a 21-year- old son, Nathan, who works as an associate producer on his mother's reality show, The Janice Dickinson Modelling Agency, which is shown here on MTV.

Hearing Carly Zucker, whose footballer fiancé Joe Cole earns around £60,000 a week, complaining that 'money can be a burden' sent Janice into near apoplexy.

'Well, that's just pathetic,' she says. 'Why doesn't she donate it all to charity or get a job helping cancer victims then? That kind of talk makes me sick.

'Why do they pick WAGs to be on the show? Because they look nice in a bikini? Big deal. There are far more interesting people out there.'

Though she might not have been overly impressed with Carly or Dani Behr ('sulking over who got to do the cooking - who cares?'), Janice is full of praise for the show's producers.

'They're very smart in selecting a good range of people and they're very good at finding out what your phobias are and focusing on them. I told them I didn't like snakes, rats or things that crawled and that's all I got during the trials.

'But I was happier sticking a cockroach in my mouth than I was sitting next to Lynne, who was just the most horrible human on Earth.'

Janice and Lynne did not exactly hit it off, although Janice didn't particularly hit it off with anyone, from Lynne Franks to Christopher Biggins and 'those two humpers Cerys [Matthews] and Marc [Bannerman]', whose on- screen flirtation developed into an on-again, off-again relationship off-screen.

'I'm really easy to get along with - you know that,' she implores. But while she shows kindness to people she likes, she admits that 'if someone declares war on me, then that's it'.

'I was fine with Cerys actually and Anna Ryder Richardson and. . . who was that girl with the big boobs?'

That would be Gemma Atkinson - who, incidentally, declared that Janice tackled her challenges brilliantly, 'even though she must be in her 70s'.

'Oh,' says Janice, not batting an eyelid, 'that's her just being a little girl. But the men like that chef [John Burton Race] and [ex-footballer] Rodney Marsh felt threatened by me because I was bringing in the food and doing what a man is supposed to do.'

Does she think it's good to have a game plan going into the show? 'Well, I had none whatsoever because I'd never even seen it, but I saw Biggins and Lynne change on the spot. Biggins was very sweet to me initially and got very dear towards the end but in the middle bit he was slagging me off.

'Lynne, though, was just a treacherous human being and I don't feel bad about not saying goodbye to her when she left, because if I'd done that it would have been fake. All that New Age hippy stuff was bulls*** .

'She and Biggins sat together and dissed me like a couple of sad old people, but they lost a load of weight during the show, so they must have been pretty happy about that.'

Did Janice lose weight? 'Not even a pound. But I hadn't eaten for the past 30 years, so why start in the jungle?' she says, laughing.

'I didn't do any preparation going in because I was as fit as a monkey to begin with. But it was extremely hard, much much harder than I expected.

'When I came out of the jungle, I was much healthier. We didn't eat butter, sugar, flour or drink coffee, and when I came out my skin was healthy and my hair was great. If you can get past the boredom and the hunger, you've got it made.'

n spite of all the Bushtucker Trials and Lynne Franks's alleged flatulence, Janice claims that her worst moment came when she was bitten on the hand by a rat while she was sleeping.

'That was horrible,' she says. 'I've been traumatised by the experience ever since. I've had a recurring dream of a rat biting me, and every single time, its face turns into Lynne's.'

Rather more seriously, she admits to having been extremely worried after she was bitten: 'I was fearful for my mental state for a short time. Phobias can bring up unresolved issues from your childhood, and I found myself sobbing and reverting back to the frightened little girl I used to be.

'My dad was a bad guy [Janice has spoken about having to fend off the paedophile attentions of her father when she was younger; now deceased, he is referred to simply as 'that rat b******d'].

'That night, I just went back to that state of terror I used to be in as a little girl. The show's psychiatrist came to my aid and was wonderful, but that was a bad moment and nobody knew what I was going through.'

After almost three weeks in the jungle, Janice was relieved to be going home to her family. 'My kids liked mummy not being around because I'm a disciplinarian but I really missed them and missed my boyfriend Joe.' [Kaplan, a businessman and, at 60 years of age, the only man to break Janice's recent spate of progressively younger toyboys].

Has she had any more plastic surgery done since leaving the jungle last year? 'I promised my son I wouldn't do any more surgery,' she says. 'The Botox shots are still in play but my skin's holding up pretty good, though I missed my shots in the jungle.'

It comes as no surprise, perhaps, that Janice hasn't kept in touch with any of her jungle mates but wishes the show had caught on in the States.

'I'd love to see an American version,' she says. 'It should have Simon Cowell [she has a huge crush on him], Pete Townshend, Kylie, Guy Ritchie, David Beckham, Margaret Thatcher, Jonathan Ross [she has a crush on him, too], Peter Crouch and Carla Bruni.'

With that, she scoops me up and very generously gives me a lift home in her car. And the number plate? 'O-H-M-A-N', naturally!

• This year's I'm A Celebrity. . . Get Me Out Of Here! final is on ITV1 tonight at 8.30pm.
Source and Pictures: Daily Mail
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:24 PM #2

Favourites:
BB13: Deana

Favourites:
BB13: Deana

lol janice is so funny
gavinh2008 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:27 PM #3

Dec is so sweet
Jackie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote