Notices

BB5 Nadia, Michelle, Stuart, Jason and the rest of the Big Brother 5 housemates.

Old 25-08-2004, 06:58 PM #1

Default House Music

Quote:
Rumours are rife that at least three of the Big Brother housemates have set their sights on a number one hit - but some look to be closer to their dream than others.

Dan is hoping to reach the top spot with his band Icehouse, and is reported to be in talks with record producers.

Dan's agent is keeping tight-lipped about the rumours. But on leaving the House the six-foot-fiver did hint that - despite his declared disinterest in fame - singing and song writing was his priority. "Music is my first ever love. So that means more to me than anything in the whole world."

Someone who isn't quite so reluctant to talk up her musical ambitions is Dan's fellow housemate Emma Greenwood.

Her local newspaper, the Oldham Advertiser, reports that the bubbly 20-year-old is about to become "the biggest thing to come out of Oldham since Take That's Mark Owen". She is currently spending time in the studio, working with big names from the music industry, including the producer of top British act Craig David.

"A lot of people seem to be interested in working with me. I hope to release a record sometime over the next couple of months when all the Big Brother fuss has died down," gushed the wannabe artist.

Meanwhile, stand-in housemate Becki Seddiki - who made no secret of her desire to make it as a musician during her time in the House - appears to be having rather less success than her counterparts.

While the outrageous star's website describes her musical offerings as 'stories of life, love and ambition, bound together with dreamy vocals and intoxicating melodies', word on the street is that Becki's recording aspirations aren't quite bearing fruit.

It has been reported that she has been gigging in almost empty London pubs.
Article from The Official BB Website
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2004, 08:24 PM #2

They've got the name of Dan's band wrong...it's actually spelt "iceHouse Project" BAD Channel 4!!

Poor old Becki eh? Somehow I don't think she'll be in the Top 40...
Julia L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2004, 10:21 PM #3

I've listened to a lot of the tracks on Becki's site and I actually like her music. I'd rather have her in the charts than Emma anyday - at least she can sing.
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2004, 07:47 AM #4

similar article about Dan.........

Quote:
BAND ARE MAKING MUSIC

Dan and his band iceHouse will be going to a London studio tomorrow to record some new tunes.

The band is yet to sign a record contract but is confirmed to be working with six producers to come up with a sound they like.

The group, which includes Hull man Dave Bradfield, 32, and Dan's long-term friend Rob Law, 32, has been meeting record companies to discuss their future since Dan came out of the Big Brother house.

Their meeting with Island Records was adjourned to this week after their contact had a death in his family.

Dan however had better fortune at dance label Platinum Records, which does several chart and club mixes for people such as the DJ Stonebridge.

"We are not signing anything just yet," said Dan.

"But we are working with some producers from Platinum to record some stuff.''
Article from This Is Hull
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
house, music