Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB5 Nadia, Michelle, Stuart, Jason and the rest of the Big Brother 5 housemates.

Old 31-08-2004, 08:19 AM #1

Default Jason\'s emotional reunion with his natural mother

Quote:
I'M SO PROUD OF BIG BROTHER SON

Aug 31 2004

JAY REUNITED WITH 'REAL' MUM

By Kevin Turner

BIG Brother's Jason Cowan has had an emotional reunion with his natural mother after almost 30 years of separation. Jane Astrauskas had to give Jason up for adoption after becoming pregnant at 16 because she believed it would be his only chance of getting a 'future he deserved'.

Jason, 30, tells Closer magazine, who arranged for the pair to meet: 'It's overwhelming to finally meet my mum. I've always felt something was missing from my life. People say a mother and her son never lose their bond.

'I hope that, over time, we'll find ours.'

Jane, 46, kept a picture of Jason by her bed since the separation and says she was 'terrified' about meeting her only son.

She said: 'I recognised him instantly on Big Brother - I only needed to see his face to know he was my son.

'I was beginning to think I'd never get to meet him.

'When he walked through the door, I thought I was going to pass out.

'I've been bottling up emotions for so many years and everything just welled up inside me.

'My love for Jason has always been there and I'm so proud he's grown up into such a wonderful man.'

Jason, who finished second to Nadia Almada in the Channel 4 show, grew up with a foster family and lived three miles from Jane in Wishaw, Lanarkshire.

Two years after Jason's birth, social services took him from Jane. The last time she saw him was when he was four. Earlier this month, the Record revealed Jane was keen to arrange a meeting with Jason.

Before leaving the Big Brother house, Jason admitted he wanted to meet his mum, but was unaware of the circumstances of their separation.

At the time, Jason's best friend Alan Strachan said: 'Jay is one of the nicest, coolest guys you could meet, but he's petrified of rejection.

'It haunted him all his life as a child. He comes across as really confident but deep down he has insecurities he keeps all to himself.'

Poser Jason stunned everyone by surviving Big Brother to the very end.

He made an immediate impression on viewers by entering the house in a leopardskin thong.

Jason quit school at Garrion Academy, Wishaw, as soon as he was old enough to join the Royal Navy.

He qualified as a submariner but spent most of his six years at bases in Faslane on the Clyde and Plymouth.

Last year, he joined charter airline MyTravel as a steward.

Within weeks he was telling pals in Manchester, where he lives, that he had joined the mile-high club.

#READ the full story in Closer, on sale now.
From the Daily Record
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2004, 06:13 PM #2

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/gall....php?album=114
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2004, 06:18 PM #3

It's a shame that it took Jason being on Big Brother for the two of them to be reunited.
BusyBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2004, 06:25 PM #4

It's excellent news that they have finally met and that they look very happy
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 09:00 AM #5

Quote:
Big Brother star reunited with natural mother

Big Brother's Jason Cowan has had an emotional reunion with his mother after almost three decades of separation, it has emerged.

Jane Astrauskas said she had been "terrified" about meeting the Scots muscleman she gave birth to when she was 16 years old.

She gave him up for adoption when he was only two and had not seen him since, despite living only six miles away in Wishaw, Lanarkshire.

The 30-year-old ex-binman, from Hamilton, told Closer magazine, who arranged the meeting: "It's overwhelming to finally meet my mum.

"I've always felt something was missing from my life. People say a mother and her son never lose their bond. I hope that, over time, we'll find ours."

Ms Astrauskas, 46, said: "I recognised him instantly on Big Brother - I only needed to see his face to know he was my son.

"I was beginning to think I'd never get to meet him. When he walked through the door, I thought I was going to pass out.

"I've been bottling up emotions for so many years and everything just welled up inside me. My love for Jason has always been there and I'm so proud he's grown up into such a wonderful man."

Jason, who finished runner-up to Portuguese transsexual Nadia Almada, spoke on the Channel 4 show of his wish to meet his natural mother.

He left school in Wishaw to join the Royal Navy and qualified as a submariner, spending most of his six years at bases in Faslane on the Clyde and Portsmouth.

The bodybuilder is bidding to cash in on his fame by charging up to a reported £1,500 an hour for a personal appearance.

His agent was unavailable for comment today.
Article from Adoption-net
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
emotional, jason, mother, natural, reunion