Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 20-12-2008, 02:01 AM #1
Classic

Classic

Default \'Don\'t jail knife teens\'

KNIFE-carrying thugs under 18 would avoid jail under plans unveiled last night.
The Sentencing Guidelines Council recommended only referral orders. The move would fly in the face of Gordon Brown's claim that anyone caught with a blade would face automatic jail.
The SGC panel said locking up young offenders should be a "mesasure of last resort". In the uk this year, 34 teenagers have died from stab wounds. The PM promised a zero-tolerance policy on knife crime in an exclusive Sun interview in the spring.

The Sun, friday, December 19, 2008. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2054424.ece
andyman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 08:54 AM #2

i caught part of this story on the news yesterday its a joke they should be doing all they can to stop it not basically just giving them a wagging finger telling off and sending them on their way so many of the recent stabbings have been carried out by the exact age group this will be targetting
pinkmichk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 01:49 AM #3
Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

I think if they are caught with a knife and there is proof that they were planning to harm someone for no reason then they should be put in jail, but if they're just carrying a knife for protection then I think that is ok.
Locke. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 01:50 AM #4
Banned

Banned

I agree with Gordon, anyone caught with a knife should face time, protection is a poor excuse.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 02:08 AM #5
Classic

Classic

But if that person has a knife they there is a chance they could use it. Many carry them due to gangs in the area, makes them feel safe... Its tricky because should the law give the same sentence to those that carry and those that use?
Old 21-12-2008, 11:11 AM #6
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally posted by andyman
But if that person has a knife they there is a chance they could use it. Many carry them due to gangs in the area, makes them feel safe... Its tricky because should the law give the same sentence to those that carry and those that use?
Absolutely not - most people can figure out if somebody is planning on using a knife, just based on a character judgment, but this is no use in a court of law. I think if it can be proven that somebody is carrying a knife with an intent to harm somebody with it, then they should be jailed; whereas if somebody is carrying a knife for protection, or because they bought one from their local supermarket (I'm pushing the boat out for ideas here) then it sounds ludicrous to send them to jail for simply having one on them.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 12:27 AM #7

Hate anyone that carrys a knife its ****ing disgusting...

id like to see the zero tolerance approach.

Metal poles and Crow bars are ok though.
30stone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 12:28 AM #8

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

They need guidance not jail.
Jailing wont stop them doing it agian
Billy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 11:15 AM #9
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
UBB: Brian
BB11: Josie
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

I agree with Billy and it would be daft to lock up everyone carrying a knife. When your young and you live in an area where your scared you could get attacked, then you know...I used to carry a knife when I was young and dumb cos when I was walking home from babysittin once this bloke slowed down in his car and was telling me to get in and he'd take me home. (obviously I ran like ****) did I need locking up? lol
NettoSuperstar! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 11:27 AM #10

Its a good idea, but soon as the Teens find this out thats where the troubles start. This would be a great idea if it hadn't been but into a news paper story. Is it that hard for the papers not to say something? Us public don't need to know everything... not if its gonna help us!
Fom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 11:49 AM #11

What I'm going to say may sound racist but I don't mean it to be. I think that most people who have been killed/caught with knifes are black people. I am NOT saying that only black people should be jailed for this because it is unacceptable for anyone to be in possession of a knife. It is the gangs that are (mostly) black people and these gangs are found with knifes on a regular basis.
BBkid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 12:39 PM #12
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by BBkid
What I'm going to say may sound racist but I don't mean it to be. I think that most people who have been killed/caught with knifes are black people. I am NOT saying that only black people should be jailed for this because it is unacceptable for anyone to be in possession of a knife. It is the gangs that are (mostly) black people and these gangs are found with knifes on a regular basis.
there are plenty of white kids doing this aswell! and dont you think it might be a reflection of the inequalities that still exist in this country and the lack of opportunites, aspirations, role models and chance for social mobility for people in the most deprived areas?
Old 23-12-2008, 07:54 PM #13

Favourites:
BB17: Jayne

Favourites:

Why is it illegal for anyone in the UK to defend themselves?

What are women supposed to do if they're attacked by a rapist? Just lie there and take it?

The UK is a joke now. You can't do anything with something being deemed illegal.
letmein is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 11:55 AM #14

Anyone caught carrying a knife be it for so called self defence or not should be jailed for a minimum of 15 years fully served and also it would be a good idea to jail the "sentencing council" for a life term.....

Mamby pamby do gooders have over the decades caused the ruination of British society....
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 12:04 PM #15

Quote:
I disagree, you are just responding to what the media tell you. But then again, every single stabbing I see in the papers these days is a 15-19, white, male chav. I would feel much more safer talking to a 15-19 black person than a 15-19 white chav.

And why the hell are people carrying knives about with them on the street for 'Self defense' I find that really weird, I would never think about that!
Fom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 12:26 PM #16
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by bananarama
Anyone caught carrying a knife be it for so called self defence or not should be jailed for a minimum of 15 years fully served and also it would be a good idea to jail the "sentencing council" for a life term.....

Mamby pamby do gooders have over the decades caused the ruination of British society....
oh so I deserved 15 years in prison for carrying a knife because i was scared of getting raped! Oh yeh bang to rights I should be just getting out of prison now lmao! wot a load of twaddle! Its namby pamby do gooders that are trying to sort out the **** the narrow minded "hang em" brigade have done for the country!
Old 24-12-2008, 07:12 PM #17
Banned

Banned

Knife them back. In the gonads.
bigknowse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-12-2008, 12:50 PM #18

Quote:
Originally posted by NettoSuperstar!
Quote:

oh so I deserved 15 years in prison for carrying a knife because i was scared of getting raped! Oh yeh bang to rights I should be just getting out of prison now lmao! wot a load of twaddle! Its namby pamby do gooders that are trying to sort out the **** the narrow minded "hang em" brigade have done for the country!

Simple answer to that is YES. Carrying a deadly weapon to defend also indicates you want to be as lawless as a rapist. Which makes you a potential criminal. If we don't have law we don't have civilisation.....Hence the mess we are now in socially.

As an alternative to prison If i had my way knife carriers would be given two free gifts from the government. The first being a parachute lesson and the second gift a holiday.

A parachute jump over afganistan and a holiday with the Taliban....
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-12-2008, 01:59 PM #19
Classic

Classic

Quote:
Originally posted by Fom
Quote:
I disagree, you are just responding to what the media tell you. But then again, every single stabbing I see in the papers these days is a 15-19, white, male chav. I would feel much more safer talking to a 15-19 black person than a 15-19 white chav.

And why the hell are people carrying knives about with them on the street for 'Self defense' I find that really weird, I would never think about that!
Yey attack the white person, its ok these days and very PC
Old 27-12-2008, 03:09 AM #20

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by NettoSuperstar!
Quote:

Simple answer to that is YES. Carrying a deadly weapon to defend also indicates you want to be as lawless as a rapist. Which makes you a potential criminal. If we don't have law we don't have civilisation.....Hence the mess we are now in socially.
Britain is so brainwashed, it's not even funny.

Yes, let's all get raped and killed! Don't dare defend yourselves. Citizens cannot be trusted, so government needs complete control over everyone's lives. Let's just beg the killers not to harm us. This is the reason why Britain is the shithole that it is. Everyone needs to be babyfied, and have mommy and daddy government controlling every aspect of their lives. Hey, is that a tweezers in your hand, that's dangerous...

Britain has to grow up and get a grip.
letmein is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-12-2008, 04:08 AM #21
Classic

Classic

Nasty people need a 2nd chance... And a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th etc etc..
We have to use human rights to protect vile thugs, awww bless them, its not their fault they are evil and a menace to good honest kind people...
Victims of crime.. Fk em!
Vile scum that commit evil crime.. Must protect at all costs so we dont breach their human rights.
Old 27-12-2008, 04:20 AM #22

Favourites:
BB11: John James

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Fom
Quote:

Yey attack the white person, its ok these days and very PC
lol ... but not in the "good old days" huh andy? hehe ... try building a time machine dude. ... we'll all have a whip round
ange7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-12-2008, 04:29 AM #23
Classic

Classic

Point being? Oh dam i forgot, your "PC" lol so sorry i should have known any real logic and commen sence will be out the window...

Just so you know, i'm drinking strawberry flavoured milk, tis very yum yum.
Old 27-12-2008, 04:37 AM #24

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Point being? Oh dam i forgot, your "PC" lol so sorry i should have known any real logic and commen sence will be out the window...

Just so you know, i'm drinking strawberry flavoured milk, tis very yum yum.
mmmm oh!! does that help with your logic allergy?
Old 27-12-2008, 04:38 AM #25

Favourites:

Favourites:

you ought to go for mod andy ... pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
'don't, jail, knife, teens'