Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

International Big Brother Big Brother around the world!

Old 12-01-2009, 07:32 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):

Default Grande Fratello Discussion....

It started 15 minutes ago. The house is really nice and looks so American and rich looking becauise of the huge white sofa

The 1st HM to go in was Christina.21 years old. She has really big boobs, but in Italy its different, she will not be hated for having big boobs like people would in the UK.

3 guys have been sent into a room and have just been told there is not room for all of them. Dont know the names of them.

2nd official guy, Marcello 31 years old, quite a good looking lad about to enter.

3rd girl- Claudia.

Edit- Just wondering where all the Big Brother Italy fans have gone, there was quite a lot of us last year
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:11 PM #2

I saw this story earlier about a group calling for a boycott.

Quote:
2009-01-12 19:00
Big Brother boycott urged

Consumer group angered as blind person sent into the house

(ANSA) - Rome, January 12 - Consumer group Codacons on Monday urged viewers to boycott Italy's version of reality show Big Brother after learning that a blind person, a gypsy and an airline hostess on a temporary work contract will be among contestants.

Codacons president Carlo Rienzi called on viewers to watch something else as a protest against the show, which he said ''year after year is in dangerously bad taste and seeks out extreme situations with the only aim of maintaining its audience at any price''.

''It's absurd to use issues like disability, illegal immigration and temporary work contracts just to increase viewing figures,'' he said.

''Slamming a blind person in front of cameras on a programme like 'Grande Fratello' is certainly not going to resolve blind peoples' problems,'' he added.

Luca Borgomeo, president of a Catholic television viewers association, also condemned producers' decision to send a blind person into the house and said his organisation would publish a list of companies who advertise during the breaks in the programme on its website.

Along with immigration issues, Italy's so-called 'precari', or people with temporary work contracts, are a hot political topic.

According to national statistics bureau Istat, several million Italians are employed on the contracts, which give them little or no job protection or benefits.

Italy's ninth series of the hit show is due to debut on Canale 5 on Monday evening.

Last year a blind contestant was the runner-up in the United Kingdom edition of Big Brother.
http://www.ansa.it/site/notizie/awnp...112333954.html
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 05:26 AM #3
Nah

Nah

Damn ! I completely forgot last night ! Anyway, I hope there's a repeat on Canal 5, the Launch Show are always interesting to watch.

Here we go again mazedsalv !
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 06:27 AM #4

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Thats okay, we can talk about now in the next 3 months

the blind guy is going in next week and before the show people were discussing that it isnt fair because he'll get the smypahy vote.

I thought the guy from Hollywood was a right nutter, he had a well fit and healthy body, i was like Bloody Hell!
I loved it when this girl brought in a snake with her and the HMs all stood away and another female HM screamed and ran going "Get it away!!" "OMGG" for like 20 minutes running crazily around the house, and what was even more funny was that the studio audience were laughing at her

It looks good this year.

I think Italian BB is the perfct choice for how to do the launch here. Eg. Get HMs in slowly, talk to the house occasionaly, do secret missions (very short ones) to mess about, some live tasks ect.... BB should look at how they do it, because the Italian launch is done much better.
Old 13-01-2009, 06:41 AM #5
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : *mazedsalv**

the blind guy is going in next week and before the show people were discussing that it isnt fair because he'll get the smypahy vote.

I thought the guy from Hollywood was a right nutter, he had a well fit and healthy body, i was like bl***y Hell!
I loved it when this girl brought in a snake with her and the HMs all stood away and another female HM screamed and ran going "Get it away!!" "OMGG" for like 20 minutes running crazily around the house, and what was even more funny was that the studio audience were laughing at her

It looks good this year.

I think Italian BB is the perfct choice for how to do the launch here. Eg. Get HMs in slowly, talk to the house occasionaly, do secret missions (very short ones) to mess about, some live tasks ect.... BB should look at how they do it, because the Italian launch is done much better.
I have to watch it when I get back from Uni tonight. The Launches are so funny.

I agree about what you said, the UK producers should take a look at how we do our launch show because it's getting a bit boring in UK.
I still can remember the secret mission they gave to Diana in series 7: she was forbidden to speak Italian with her fellow housemates for the night, she had to speak Russian. That was pure gold.

Last thing, I hope they do scrap the 'producers favourite' because it kinda created a bit of controversy since we didn't know why this one was chosen which could result in favouritism.
Old 13-01-2009, 07:01 AM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain.Remy
Quote:

I thought the guy from Hollywood was a right nutter, he had a well fit and healthy body, i was like bl***y Hell!

It looks good this year.

I have to watch it when I get back from Uni tonight. The Launches are so funny.

I agree about what you said, the UK producers should take a look at how we do our launch show because it's getting a bit boring in UK.
I still can remember the secret mission they gave to Diana in series 7: she was forbidden to speak Italian with her fellow housemates for the night, she had to speak Russian. That was pure gold.

Last thing, I hope they do scrap the 'producers favourite' because it kinda created a bit of controversy since we didn't know why this one was chosen which could result in favouritism.
Cool, hope you enjoy it.yeahh i think they are still doing it. The lines of all the HMs were open last night and you had to vote for you fave.

Btw what site is that reality tv site where there are polls up for Italian BB and the polls on who's up for eviction. Its called something reality, and the page is black. I like seeing who is liked and who's not on there, thats the only polls they have on Italian BB.
Old 13-01-2009, 07:06 AM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Oo dont worry i found the site where the polls will be up, and there normally reliable on who's going to go:

http://realityhouse.altervista.org/m....preferito.php

Its on the right hand side where the polls atr going to be.
Old 13-01-2009, 10:58 AM #8

Quote:
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**

The 1st HM to go in was Christina.21 years old. She has really big boobs, but in Italy its different, she will not be hated for having big boobs like people would in the UK.
NO, someone with big boobs would never get the boot from UKBB would they??? Errr wait that is a death ticket on this show...
Amaru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 12:45 PM #9

Favourites (more):
BBUSA16: Zach
BBCanada 2: Neda

Favourites (more):

House Pics:

And the house plan:
Brekkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 03:19 PM #10
Nah

Nah

This is one of the best houses I have ever seen. It doesn't top the Village from Germany and the BB06 Australia house but it's still awesome.
Old 13-01-2009, 03:24 PM #11

That house is incredible it makes bbuk look low budget and makes bbusa look old.
jkp44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 03:30 PM #12

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

The house is amazing, isn's it?? Also all the HMs are soo much fun too.... i laughed soo many times last night at the things they were saying
Old 13-01-2009, 03:39 PM #13

WOW!! Out of the 90 odd BB houses I've seen pics/videos of, this one is by far my favourite!
Conor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 03:43 PM #14
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : Conor
WOW!! Out of the 90 odd BB houses I've seen pics/videos of, this one is by far my favourite!
It would have been my favourite if the garden was bigger and less 'rushed'.
I always loved the indoor pool idea but this is by FAR the best one ever, I also like the balcony thing outside. And don't get me in that bathroom, it's gold !

I'm glad it's all in one house, it's been a long time they haven't done it.
Old 13-01-2009, 03:51 PM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain.Remy
Quote:
Message original : Conor
It would have been my favourite if the garden was bigger and less 'rushed'.
I always loved the indoor pool idea but this is by FAR the best one ever, I also like the balcony thing outside. And don't get me in that bathroom, it's gold !

I'm glad it's all in one house, it's been a long time they haven't done it.
Another thing for BBUK producers to look at. I think BB Italy/Spain and Brazil that still recieves amazing ratings. They should want to see what they are doin right.
Old 13-01-2009, 03:56 PM #16
Nah

Nah

Quote:

Another thing for BBUK producers to look at. I think BB Italy/Spain and Brazil that still recieves amazing ratings. They should want to see what they are doin right.
Yeah, those 3 editions are phenomenons in their countries, something the UK series hasn't been in a long time.
During the finale of BB7 Brazil, they received more than 100 millions votes ! That's just HUGE. And the ratings are amazing too.

The thing I don't like much about the Spanish series is the editing, sometimes it's too cheesy and too dramatic.

One thing the UK producers need to understand, it's that all 3 series changed their format and haven't been scared to make controversy, that's how they got success since 2001.
Old 13-01-2009, 03:58 PM #17

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lucie Jones

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lucie Jones

Yeh but Remy, Brazil has a much bigger population than the UK. We don't even have that many people in our country. Even though it is huge.
Sam! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 04:02 PM #18
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : Scampi
Yeh but Remy, Brazil has a much bigger population than the UK. We don't even have that many people in our country. Even though it is huge.
But proportionally, it's still better than UK. It actually shows how people love and are involved in the show.

However, I can understand the UK producers because none of these countries had a race row which was talked about pretty much everywhere and that's why they're scared about taking risks and causing controversy.
Old 13-01-2009, 05:54 PM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Every version though has gone through some controversy at some point - but they all managed to move on.

Italy always has nice houses, though personally I think their house for GF7 was nicer than this one.
Old 13-01-2009, 06:49 PM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I just love the twists in the Italian one. They always seem to have great hms, and i relaise that they are always between 18-35 mostly(i think thats a good age), most of them are in their late 20s. Should they do that for BB10?? Last year in the Italian BB teh fakily going in kind of ruined it but then when 4 out of the 5 of them went, I was happy. The last remaining brother was one of my faves. People didnt like it because the motehr and father were over 50 and were boring. Then the 2 other brothers followed, all 4 of them were unpopular, Fabio, the last brother was very popular and survived 5 evictions.
Old 13-01-2009, 07:46 PM #21
Nah

Nah

Quote:
I just love the twists in the Italian one. They always seem to have great hms, and i relaise that they are always between 18-35 mostly(i think thats a good age), most of them are in their late 20s. Should they do that for BB10?? Last year in the Italian BB teh fakily going in kind of ruined it but then when 4 out of the 5 of them went, I was happy. The last remaining brother was one of my faves. People didnt like it because the motehr and father were over 50 and were boring. Then the 2 other brothers followed, all 4 of them were unpopular, Fabio, the last brother was very popular and survived 5 evictions.
Yeah I was quite disappointed with the family too but Fabio was funny at times. Mario deserved to win hands down.

Quote:
Every version though has gone through some controversy at some point - but they all managed to move on.

Italy always has nice houses, though personally I think their house for GF7 was nicer than this one.
I see what you're saying but non of them has been through such a controversy a la CBB5. We can see what happens with it now, the producers aren't able to handle this situation.
Old 13-01-2009, 08:13 PM #22

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Italy isn't faultless though - the Daily Star would have a field day with it considering most weeks the producers give housemates immunity or put them up for eviction themselves.

Even during the launch show where they had three HMs to be voted in, the first was chosen by the housemates and the second by producers rather than handing it over to a public vote.

Here is the opening few minutes with an all too brief house tour, a pointless virtual screen thing and a shot of their gorgeous studio. Believe it or not the studio at Elstree is probably big enough for something similar if it was used to it's full potential - you wouldn't know it's one of the biggest studios in the country from how BB use it!

Old 13-01-2009, 08:18 PM #23
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : Brekkie
Italy isn't faultless though - the Daily Star would have a field day with it considering most weeks the producers give housemates immunity or put them up for eviction themselves.

Even during the launch show where they had three HMs to be voted in, the first was chosen by the housemates and the second by producers rather than handing it over to a public vote.
That's what I said in an earlier post, I don't think this system is fair tbh but it also created a bit of controversy. But still, it shows that a controversy doesn't mean low ratings, we could have expected those low ratings in Italy but the producers manage to put something way bigger than that like twists, tasks and a great bunch of housemates EVERY year.
But I agree with you, the producers favourites should be removed.
Old 14-01-2009, 07:53 AM #24

wow that house is amazing....one of my all time favs for sure!!!!
Amaru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2009, 09:46 AM #25

the hype and slickness of that series certainly puts ours to shame
Joelston is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
discussion, fratello, grande