Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB5 Nadia, Michelle, Stuart, Jason and the rest of the Big Brother 5 housemates.

Old 17-10-2004, 10:15 AM #1
Administrator

Administrator

Default Nadia to appear in \'Hollyoaks\'

Article from today's SUNDAY MIRROR

Quote:
BIG Brother winner Nadia Almada is to make her TV soap debut... playing herself in Hollyoaks.

The Portuguese transsexual filmed an episode last week where she switches on the Christmas lights in the fictional town.

She was thrilled to be on the set of her favourite soap and chatted away happily to members of the cast.

And Nadia confessed she would love to land a permanent role in Hollyoaks and that she hopes the appearance will lead to more offers.

"I can't believe I am actually here," squealed the 27-year-old who had a sex change operation in the New Year.

"So much has happened to me in the last year I just can't take it in, but to be here on set and meeting the cast is fabulous."

Nadia arrived at the Mersey Television studios in a stretch limo with a couple of hefty bodyguards. Cast members gave her a warm welcome and were as much interested in her as she was in them.

An insider said: "She got on so well with us all it was quite amazing. It seemed everyone at the studio wanted to say hello and chat."

Born a boy called Jorge, she had her £15,000 sex change op on the NHS before being crowned the queen of Big Brother 5.
Don't normally watch Hollyoaks, and I won't be making an exception for this .........sorry Nadia!
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2004, 07:20 PM #2

This along with releasing a pop single.

Is there no end to her talents?
AndyJK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2004, 09:21 PM #3

Nope thats why shes so popular Andy!lol!
Lance is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-10-2004, 09:01 AM #4

more news...

Quote:
Big Brother 2004 winner Nadia Almada is to make a guest appearance in Hollyoaks to switch on the festive lights.

In an episode set to go out on December 1, the opening of Hollyoaks Christmas Land 2004 arrives with the promise of a surprise celebrity. But things soon start to fall apart when OB (Darren Jeffries), reluctantly informs Max (Matt Littler) that the star they've used to advertise the event won't be arriving, sending his mate into a panic.

Luckily, Mandy (Sarah Jayne Dunn) saves the day when she makes a dramatic late entrance with a surprise mystery guest (Nadia), ensuring the opening ceremony is a complete success.

"Max is desperate to make this year's event something the villagers will never forget," comments Matt Littler.

"This kind of event always used to be organised by the ever capable Mr C (Bernie Latham), but following his death earlier this year Max decides he wants to carry on the tradition."

"I've had a fabulous day filming here, I've really enjoyed myself," adds Nadia.

"It was really nice to meet the cast as they were all really sweet, which helped a lot as I was a little nervous.

"I can't wait to see the episode when it's on."
Article from Ic Croydon
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-10-2004, 06:32 PM #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Lance
Nope thats why shes so popular Andy!lol!
Popular for what though? maybe winning BB but if she can release a pop single and also be in Hollyoaks then anyone has the chance to do what shes doing.
Mike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2004, 10:51 PM #6

Well good luck to them...Im sure you would have been delighted if Jay or Vic were wasked to be in Hollyoaks but unfortunately they werent...and Nadia the real star of BB5 was!
Lance is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 07:57 PM #7

Quote:
Hollyoaks Role For Nadia

Just in case you missed it, these are our sensational pictures of BB winner Nadia after she turned on the Christmas lights in Hollyoaks.

The 'Portugeezer' gave cast members and viewers a surprise when she appeared in a cameo role in the Channel 4 soap on Wednesday.

While on set, she said: "I can't believe I am actually here. So much has happened to me in the last year I just can't take it in.

"But to be here on set and meeting the cast is fabulous."

The star hopes the appearance will lead to more offers of television work in the future.

It was a welcome diversion for the 27-year-old whose first single A Little Bit Of Action sold only 800 copies on its first day.

Nadia, who used to be a man before her sex-swap op, saw six new entries easily outsell her record.

Underwear model Caprice also appeared in Hollyoaks and has gone on to clinch a part in a new Johnny Vaughan sitcom for MTV.
http://www.sky.com/showbiz/article/0...162765,00.html
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
hollyoaks, nadia