Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Dancing on Ice ITV's ice dancing show.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:03 AM #1

Default I hate Jason for calling me Cabbage Patch Kid

Quote:
I hate Jason for calling me Cabbage Patch Kid
ROXANNE Pallett yesterday called for bitchy judges Jason Gardiner and Ruthie Henshall to be SACKED from the ITV1 hit Dancing On Ice.

The beauty, 26, who was booted off on Sunday, said he is trying to be Dancing On Ice’s version of Simon Cowell — but is a “poor man’s version” of the X Factor guru.

She fumed last night: “Simon knows his stuff, doesn’t get too personal and he’s got class. Jason’s missing the class.”

Roxy also accused his fellow judge Ruthie Henshall of being “jealous” of her — and wants the pair SACKED because of their “petty” jibes about contestants.

Ruth forgot Roxy’s name while Jason, 37, called rugby ace Ellery Hanley, 47, “Mr Potato Head” and said Coleen Nolan, 43, looked like a “gingerbread man” doing a cartwheel.

Roxy fumed: “They should get rid of them. They might as well have two blow up dolls sat there, they’re so full of hot air.

“Jason needs to start extending his vocabulary and stop using childish metaphors.

“Where did ‘Cabbage Patch Doll’, ‘Mr Potato Head’ and ‘gingerbread man’ come from? It’s not witty when you get that personal.

“It undermines them as professionals. Of all the things they could say they’ve got to tell me something petty.

You crave them to tell you something constructive so you can fix it but after the second week, I literally switched off.”

Roxy and Jason have clashed many times over her seven-week run in the show.

nd they fell out again live on yesterday’s This Morning show.

The pair rowed when Roxy said he was wrong to criticise Ray Quinn. Then Jason said: “That’s the problem. You’ve always got something to say and it’s incorrect.” It got even more scathing when they started to talk about Zoe Salmon — who beat Roxy in Sunday’s skate-off.

Jason was praising the ex-Blue Peter host for having sincerity on the ice, to which Roxy replied: “Are you mad? How do you know what sincere is?”

Jason snapped: “I can tell you. You’re not. She is.”

Her skating partner Dan Whiston was sat between the two — and Roxy said it was lucky that he was.

She also revealed she has signed up for the Dancing On Ice tour — but only AFTER she heard Jason wouldn’t be taking part. She said last night: “I said, ‘Jason, you’re not doing it are you?’ and he said, ‘No, I’m not,’ so I said, ‘I’ll sign up for it then’.”

Ruthie, 41, IS going on the tour — but Roxy has warned her off making vicious comments in front of the live audience.

She scathed: “How’s Ruthie going to cope with me on the tour? A lot of people have said she’s jealous of me.

“When Ruthie said I just ‘didn’t do it for her’, I lost a lot of respect for her.

“And for her to forget my name... well, she didn’t take it well when I forgot hers.”

But gorgeous Roxy insists the public are on her side.

She added: “I’ve got the public behind me, she’s just one person.

“The 11 million people who were watching, who kept me and Dan in, they’re the real judges — the ones who are going to come and see me.

“I’ve got safety in numbers.”

However, Roxy insists she is going to put their arguments behind her.

She grinned: “I don’t go home thinking about these people.

“If I passed them in Sainsbury’s I wouldn’t knock them out with a melon — I’d just ignore them.

“I actually think it’s a compliment that they’ve directed it to me as they know I’m strong enough to handle it.”
Source: The Sun
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:35 AM #2

Hmmmm.......Roxy was a bit wooden though. I mean, that nodding dog thing she did on the chair on Sunday just looked awful. She seemed a bit stiff to me, TBH.
robb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:56 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

It was harsh what he said, fair enough, obviously he can say whatever he wants about a performance but to offend what people look like.
Eg. Telling Ellery he looked like Mr Potato Head and Colleen "A gingerbread man".
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:35 PM #4

Jason is simply taking advantage of his rights to give his opinion in a fair way by insulting the contestants.
Brad* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cabbage, calling, hate, jason, kid, patch