Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB2 Brian Dowling, Helen and Paul, Dean and the rest of the Big Brother 2 housemates from 2001.

Old 09-12-2001, 03:35 PM #1
Administrator

Administrator

Default Helen's Xmas Shopping Spree

Article from today's Sunday People:

Oh my Gawwd, dizzy Helen Adams has SHOPPED until she’s DROPPED under the weight of her designer labels. The motormouth blonde who became a blinkin’ star on Big Brother bagged a load of expensive goodies during a marathon Christmas shopping spree.

She splashed out on £1,000 worth of Gucci designer goods for TV lover Paul Clarke before popping into Christian Dior and Selfridges.

By the time she’d finished, poor Helen was exhausted. And even with the help of her mum Liz, who’d gone along to help shoulder the burden, she struggled to fit all her bags into a taxi in London’s Mayfair.

One observer said: “It was so funny – she could hardly walk because of all those huge bags. Helen barely left a shop unturned during her day out.”

Ex-hairdresser Helen once declared in the Big Brother house that all she’d ever wanted in life was a pair of Gucci shoes and a handbag. Now, after earning £250,000 on the celebrity circuit, it seems she wants to buy the whole shop.
----------------------------------------------------

1. So Helen's been Xmas shopping - so what, we all have.

2. Wasn't it nice of the Sunday People to let Paul know what he was getting for Xmas.

3. Once again we have a quote from the ever-present 'an observer' - they certainly get around.

I'm sure you can guess from my tone above what I thought of this article. Total tabloid sarcastic dross yet again.

Your views?
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 03:58 PM #2
TiBB founder

TiBB founder

I completly agree with you Kaz...

£250,000 thats "mental" ....Quote taken from Paul

I don't think any BB people have made that much!!!

Wouldn't it be great if Helen opened her own shop..."Glitter Queen" where all the clothes have glitter on etc.

By the way she is going, and the amount of money shes made, I wouldn't be surprised if she did open a shop!

Mark
Mark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 04:14 PM #3

I think she did Mark. I know she got loads for the News of the World photoshoot that happened the week she came out of the house, and I'm sure the 'Hello' article probably earned her quite a bit too.

LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 05:08 PM #4

I think she did earn around this sort of figure in those first 'mad' weeks but I'm sure that by the time agents, tax and all the other expenses have been taken out she didn't see anything like this amount at the end. She has obviously earned quite a lot since, and continues to do so and good luck to her, I say. Who knows how long it's going to last, not very long, if our horrible press have got anything to do with it. So go Helen, shop till you drop girl if you want to!
peachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 03:09 PM #5

I always get suspicious when the papers talk about amounts of money, although I know Hello pays LOTS for their cover stories.

As a presenter she'll not be getting nearly as much. I think you have to be quite a presenting heavy-weight before the big-bucks arrive. I think that's why so many of them (and the soap actors) put their living rooms in glossy print.

She should at least get quite a nice clothing allowance, which she'll enjoy.

One thought - what if the Gucci stuff wan't for Paul? Do you think he'll be really disappointed, or will he be thrilled with his new pink socks from Marks?
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 03:19 PM #6
Administrator

Administrator

Exactly Feefs!! The Gucci 'stuff' might have been for her brother (although I don't think so somehow ).

At least the pink socks will match Paul's pink belt!!
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
helen, shopping, spree, xmas