Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TiBB Does The Apprentice Forum-based 'The Apprentice' game.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:26 PM #1

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Tamera Foster
I'maCeleb2013: Matthew Wright

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Tamera Foster
I'maCeleb2013: Matthew Wright

Default Task 5 / Full Details & Rules / PLEASE READ

N.B. There are no team leaders for this task.

Quote:
For the fifth task, the two teams will become political parties and compete against each other in the inaugural TiBB Moderator Elections.

For this task, you will be known as The Fetch Party, and your party colour will be orange.

Firstly, you must create a logo for your party, and a banner and avatar to promote your party. You are allowed to enlist the help of other members to create these, but the ideas must be your own.

Next, you must create and plan five ideas and policies that you would enforce should you win and become moderators.

Finally, you should then write a maximum 1,000 word speech, addressing the members of TiBB and explaining your policies and ideas and why they should vote for your party.

Once you have finished the task, please send me the logo and speech, by U2U or MSN. The deadline for this task is Thursday at 5.30pm GMT.

The two speeches will be posted by me at the same time anonymously on Thursday evening, and the forum will begin voting later that night. Voting will close, and the results will be revealed, during the next live show on Friday.

Rules:
1. Teams ARE allowed to enlist the help of everyone except the other team to help with their graphics.
2. You must create no more and no less than five policies.
3. You are not allowed to promote your policies in your graphics.
4. Your speech must be no more than 1,000 words long.
5. Both teams' speeches will be posted by me anonymously on Thursday. Teams are banned from revealing which speech is theirs, and any candidate who does will be automatically fired.
6. The deadline for this task is Thursday at 5.30pm GMT.

If you fail to fully complete the task, or give me the required pieces (logo and speech) by the deadline, then you will automatically face the subsequent elimination.

Good luck!
Matt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:02 PM #2
M C F L Y <3

Favourites (more):
I'm a Celeb 2012: Helen Flanagan
X Factor 2012: James Arthur

M C F L Y <3

Favourites (more):
I'm a Celeb 2012: Helen Flanagan
X Factor 2012: James Arthur

Ok, let's get going!

Considering there are only 2 of us, it's gonna be easier to split what everyone is doing up

So do you want to do the graphics? Yanno, I would love to do them, obvs, but if you want to do some, we could split it ?

Things we need are -

- Logo
- Banner
- 5 policies
- Speech

Got any ideas for the policies? :3
Nicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:26 PM #3

Favourites:
The Apprentice 2013: Jason
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Favourites:
The Apprentice 2013: Jason
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

This is Big Brother… it’s pretty FETCH isn’t it? It’s a wonderful haven for us all to talk about certain things which may not even be related to Big Brother, but it does lackin certain areas – areas which could easily be improved. Team Fetch’s policies would not only help the TiBB community, in the event that we become moderators, but enable outsiders to join, as well.
Moderation a bit slack on TiBB? We thought so. Team Fetch’s first policy is to rearrange the number of active moderators and assign them to specific sections. For example, a busy section with high traffic such as Chat and Games would need one or two assigned moderators, rather than a section such as creative writing which provides less traffic for the site. At the moment a moderator must moniter each thread which is not only a complicated task, but could easily be improved. How… fetch!
The next aspect we would improve, in the event that we were moderators, would be to stop problems prior to their occurrence. At the moment it seems that arguments take a while to be stopped, with threads being closed possibly days after the initial argument. If you were to vote for Team Fetch this would not only improve, but make TiBB a pleasant society to be in.
As you can already see, these two policies would help TiBB to be a better moderated and friendlier place than it already is – and we all know TiBB is a nice place to be around.
Another policy by our rather FETCH team, would enforce is the removal of immature bans, namely the deletion of a post purely as it is in capital letters. If a post was in full capital letters that does not mean it should be deleted – capital letters may be necessary for the tone of the post. Therefore we would remove that ban: and if the capital letters were not overly necessary to a post, it would be then a U2U or a comment would be sent to that person to remind them of the rules, and not delete their posts. Pretty Fetch, isn’t it?
The penultimate policy is the simple but very effective ways of tackling spelling and grammar, which has become a problem on the site. Obviously it is vital to understand what a person is saying, so if moderators – such as us – would aid in this respect it would not only be beneficial for TiBB but enable everybody to understand what people are saying. This would tie in with our initial policy of assigned moderation – a moderator could use this within their task and it would not seem as daunting, as if they had every single thread moderated.

what's our last policy? i had a really one and then forgot it :P
DAMN IT!
and i'm SOO sorry i thought it was in for tommorrow, i've told my mum we're not going out until this has finished :P
SiaSiaSia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
details, full, read, rules, task