Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TiBB Does The Apprentice Forum-based 'The Apprentice' game.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:10 PM #1

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Tamera Foster
I'maCeleb2013: Matthew Wright

Favourites (more):

Default TiBB Does The Apprentice 2 - LIVE FINAL (Sia, you\'re hired!)

Three candidates, one job. Who is about to become the next...

Matt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:11 PM #2

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lucie Jones

Favourites:

Sia to win
Sam! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:11 PM #3

Favourites:
The Apprentice 2013: Jason
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Favourites:

waarrtgagahhahhGgagh
SiaSiaSia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:15 PM #4

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Hello, and welcome to the final of TiBB Does The Apprentice 2009!

Over the past twenty days, ten candidates have taken part in the show, completing various tasks, all hoping to be named the second forum Apprentice.

The first task saw the teams brand themselves the Oinks and Team Fetch, with Kate becoming the first candidate to be fired having not contributed at all.

Conor was then axed after the second challenge - creating an advert for TiBB - before Caitlin and Shaun were culled in a double firing following the 'create a game' task.

Another double firing followed after a creative writing task, which saw Loukas and Sam leave, before Snig was sacked at the end of the TiBB Moderator Elections.

Now, only three candidates - Nicky, Sia and Tom - remain, and tonight, one of them will be hired and crowned winner of the show, bagging a forum award and a karma prize.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:16 PM #5

Hey good luck everyone, all three deserve to win but i'm sticking with Tom
Sam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:17 PM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Only one of the candidates can become the Apprentice, and they're now playing alone.

Over the weekend, they each completed a job interview. In a minute, you'll get to read all three interviews.

After they have been posted, the candidates will be given a last chance to tell James why he should hire them, before he fires one of them in third place.

He will then hire a candidate, leaving the other person with second place. Ouch!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:18 PM #7

Favourites:

Favourites:

oooer.
Sam! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:18 PM #8
:')

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Stacey Solomon
Strictly 2009: Jade & Ian

Favourites:

'citin!
JOSHUAH! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:19 PM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

And now, for the interviews. The candidates were given the exact same questions to answer, and they had until 5pm today to answer them. Here are some quotes...

"I'm driven by wanting to succeed and be the best"

"I can be fair and consider all peoples views on any arguments"

"I am an active member and would be an active moderator"

...but who said what? Let's find out - here come the interviews!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:20 PM #10

I Love it! Cmoon! nickyy ftw!
Lewis. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:22 PM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Nicky

Quote:
Firstly, congratulations, you've made the final three - how do you feel?
Fantastic! Who would’ve thought I’d be in the final 3?! Not me – not when this started, I’ll tell you!

How long have you been on TiBB and what do you think of it?
About a year and a half now, joined November 2007! I love TiBB! I wouldn’t still be here if I didn’t... everyone (well, you get the odd mad hatter) is so nice and friendly

Do you see yourself being on TiBB this time next year?
Yea, maybe less because of GCSEs and that, but I don’t plan on going anywhere quick!

How popular do you think you are with the forum members and your fellow contestants?
Pretty popular I think! Maybe not as popular as Sia and Tom... but with my 145 karma and the most on TiBB... I’ve gotta be somewhere in the popular people!

Why do you think you would make a good moderator?
Because I feel I can be fair and consider all peoples views on any arguments. I’m like the peacemaker of the group :P

How would you feel to be hired by James?
Really happy – I’ve never won any game on TiBB... so I would love to win one and get hired by James!

What motivates or drives you?
Being in a good team motivates me to do well.

What achievement in your life are you most proud of?
Getting my 4km swimming and my life saving awards!

What are your weaknesses?
Writing long pieces to a word limit it seems! In school, I’m always moaning when she says like no more than 2000 words, but it’s not actually THAT many!

What are your strengths?
Designing graphics for the task! I took everyone ideas in and brought them all out in a graphic, in every task.

What do you think of your overall performance in the show?
Overall, I’m happy with my performance in the show. I was consistent and fair throughout.

Who do you think will win TiBB Apprentice?
I’m guessing Tom.

Finally, give your final plea to James regarding why you should win.
I think I should win because, I’ve never been on the losing team, and in every task, not just the one I was leader in, I made sure everybody had an equal role and were happy with what they were doing. I want to prove that I could make a good moderator.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:22 PM #12

Favourites:

Favourites:

My quoted bit was well boring :P
Old 12-04-2009, 07:23 PM #13

Favourites:

Favourites:

oh god mine looks like an essay now :P
nicky's answers were so good! so simple and to the point
urgh
Old 12-04-2009, 07:26 PM #14

I'm looking forward to seeing who wins
Rory is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:27 PM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Sia

Quote:
Thanks! I think to say I feel overjoyed is an understatement. I always presume in these games that I'll be the first to go, so this makes me REALLY happy.

I've been on TiBB for about 10 months now, and prior to TiBB I'd never used a forum. I think TiBB was a wonderful place for me to start my "forum-life" as it were. Not only are the people friendly but it has enabled me to communicate with others from all around the country - and further afield in some cases. (Such as the lovely Rory in America)

I do. I always like to come on here when I'm a bit low because the people on here know me so well they can always cheer me up without being biased. Obviously next year I have my A2s to prepare for, but I'll never leave TiBB completley - I left TiBB in November and that was hard enough!

How popular do you think you are with the forum members and your fellow contestants?
I'm not really sure how to answer this question without coming across as either arrogant or niave. I think popularity on a forum is quite hard to measure.I would say that I'm not popular as such, but I do get on with a variety of diverse members of TiBB. I would say the height of my popularity was in the summer when I received 18 nominations in TiBB nominations, which was a joint record!

I think I would make a good moderator as I take an unbiased approach when commenting on the forum. For example, although I have certain views on subjects such as Britney Spears, I am not one to be vocal and cause a fight. I also treat everyone on this forum equally, and how they wish to be treated, an aspect which would be beneficial if I were a moderator. Also, Being an English tutor and all the literary tasks I have performed about the Apprentice have made me understand about grammar and spelling which I feel is neccessary in someone's life, and if I were a moderator I would bring this forward. My editing skills which have been portrayed in many tasks has shown to be fluent, accurate and well-edited which is an aspect which would clearly help if I were a moderator. I am also an active member and would be an active moderator, too.

I'd feel exstatic, to put it bluntly. Over the past few weeks I've had some turbulent times, what with boyfriend troubles, and half my family going away, and upcoming AS exams - the Apprentice has been my sort of life support, put it that way. After a particularly hard day I was able to concentrate on so many different things for the Apprentice and it blocked out some bad times - but to actually WIN the competition and be hired? It's such an inconceivable thing but it would make my day... my week... my EASTER in fact!

I would say that I'm driven by happiness. 90% of the time, I AM happy and when I'm not (for example in one of the tasks I had just split up with my boyfriend - where I was team leader) within a few hours I had bounced back and performed to the best of my abilities. I'm guessing most people say they're driven by success or motivation, but with happiness success AND motivation comes.

I'm not really sure. It's probably the time I broke my brace 29 times, because that was a world record... I suppose I could be proud of my swimming past and all the times I got for that which were pretty good actually, or maybe my GCSEs and getting an A in GCSE Maths even though I had started hyperventilating in one of the exams because I had a bladder infection and a headache. Or my A* in my GCSE French Oral as that was the only reason I got an A overall I can't really tell which of them, or indeed any, was the best achievement of my life. There have been many a time I found a person collapsed on the street and have had to call an ambulance, there have been stupid times and happy times. I think life is one thing and you should be proud of ALL of it as it can not change and it was how you chose to act. (within reason)

I don't see anything as a weakness - more something which can be overcome. For example, I was scared of spiders, so I bought a model spider and forced myself not to be scared of them. I was scared of the dark, so I sat for hours in the dark telling myself it's okay. So if a spider comes to me in the dark, I'm not very likely to be scared. I'd say my weakness at the beginning of this competition was to not get my timings right. Even so, I managed to overcome this. I'd say my worst weakness which is the most difficult to overcome, however, is lack of self confidence: as I said at the beginning of this competition I didn't think I was going to win, my self confidence has improved more and now I think there's a 33% chance of me winning!

What are your strengths?
I would say I have a variety of abilities which enables me to be strong in myself. I am good at communication - not only in English but in French and German as well, I am a good graphics designer - not the best, but I wouldn't say I'm bad - and most of all, I'm nice: and I'm almost embarressed to write that! I very rarely am rude to people and I aim to get on with everyone. I also am truthful and am able to say the truth in a kind way.

My performence on this show has been like a lift, because it started off average and then grew, and grew as every floor came. In the first tasks, being in such a strong team such as team Oinks I contributed in a way such as helping the literary aspects and giving constructive criticism, however I believe I portrayed my main abilities when I became a project manager for team Fetch. I left team Oinks to the flailing team Fetch with a completley new outlook - and I was scared, but I succeeded as a Team Leader. I managed to keep this new team of mine who I had never worked with before strongly organised and also in this project I brought in a lot of creative ideas, graphics designing abilities and assigning each role to a member who could fulfill their position. Although in this particular task lost by one point I don't think this was fair estimation of my ability, our my teams. I said at the time I would not have changed how I managed my team, as I still maintain ours was the better game. Maybe a little stubborn, but even James said he preferred it. It was here my creativity and different abilities began to flourish even further: In the following tasks I took an active role: for the creative writing task I wrote my pieces fluently and well, and then was trusted to edit everyone elses to be as good. Many people complimented on how well it had been written and James again said he preferred this piece. I don't believe we necessarily missed our target audience with this one, I just think that the other teams inclusion of Britney Spears made the TiBB audience more prone to read it. This slight weakness was amended in our final task, in which I wrote the speech: I wrote it specifically to represent our target audience, TiBB, and it worked! We won, (and we did not tell anybody about who was the team.) I think it shows a lot that Team Fetch won when we were anonymous - and me and nicky (originally Team Fetch members) managed Team Fetch's first victory. So, overall my performence has been unique. I managed to perform well in every task, do many diverse and interesting things, bring creativity and helpfulness to each task... and I also managed to escape a double eviction between three people two times - I think that says something for my abilities, be it ability or plain luck.

I think Nicky will win the TiBB apprentice as she has put a lot of input into every tasks - namely in graphics terms - and has always done it with a smile. Also, she is the only team member to have never lost a task.

Dear James (and I mean that as in terms of a letter, not "poor James"...) To say why I would win when I'm up against two incredibly strong candidates is incredibly hard for me to convey. I thought about writing some absoltue sucky-uppy rubbish about how "I've tried as hard as I can" or "I've worked so hard on every task", however, we ALL did that. We all worked equally as hard, so that doesn't make me stand out from the other two. We all managed to do the tasks with no complaints, and I maintained a smile on my face (Well, you can't judge on that but it's true) the whole time. However I did so many diverse topics from graphics designing to literary techniques and I think I did well in all of them: I managed to overcome being moved teams and THEN being appointed team leader and proved myself a leader, and I was equally as good as a team member. In this competition I've been dunked in the deep end so many times and yet still been able to swim... Sure I'm not the traditional apprentice; but I'm different from pretty much anyone. Matt said to me the day I applied "your application is very different from everyone elses, so this should be interesting". So James did I fulfil this prophecy? I believe I did. I was different, I was interesting and, (here I'm overcoming my self-confidence issue) I was good at everything which I was set. And if you wish that to be furthered, or indeed believe this is true, I should win. Not only for the good of TiBB but for the goodness of a blonde girl who previously hadn't even believed she'd get passed the first round.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:28 PM #16
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):

woooo, anyone to win.

-takes money from Matt and leaves-
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:28 PM #17

Sia, your answers are so long.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:30 PM #18

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Rory
Sia, your answers are so long.
Shut up i thought they were supposed to be :P
and i mentioned you!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:31 PM #19

Favourites:

Favourites:

"Also, Being an English tutor and all the literary tasks I have performed about the Apprentice"

hahaha I checked it 3 times and missed that
Old 12-04-2009, 07:31 PM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Tom

Quote:
It feels great to have beat off so many other people to make it into the final 3, especially with the likes of some of the other contestants (like Picto) who I thought would be here until the very end. I didn't expect it at all and feel really grateful to James for deciding I should stay after the last task, and to the voters for voting Team Oinks to win even when we weren't at our best (one of the other tasks). The other 2 are really good, deserve their places and best of luck to both of them tonight. It feels good to know I could be as good as them even if I can't see it myself.

About a year and a half and its a good site, or else i wouldn't have stayed! It does have its down periods at times where I think most people are complete idiots but it soon passes and I like the place again. I must like it if I keep coming back to it. Some of the people are really nice and the conversation is usually quite good, even in the heated debates.

Most likely yes, but it depends on loads of other things as well. It depends on whether I'm still interested in Big Brother/reality TV next year, whether there are still people that I like and what happens to me in my personal life, which I have no idea at all where I'll be in a years time but it is quite exciting. I'd like to think I would be but I'm not 100% sure.

It depends how you measure popularity. I lost one of the polls for favourite contestant, but won another so its hard to say. I also won best male for last years TiBB awards and a couple of others as well. I wouldn't say I was popular though because (it will sound cliched but) I think I'm marmite on the forum- there are some that like me, there are others that can't stand me.

I'm always straight talking which you'lll see from the forum so I'd have no problem telling a member they're breaking the rules and giving them a warning etc. I'm also not easily offended so any insults by members wouldn't bother me in the slightest, and I always have to get the last word in no matter what I do!!

Really happy, it would make the last 2 or so weeks worth it and all of the effort would amount to something. And I don't really involve myself in games on the forum so I don't often get the chance to win like some others do (all the time), so to win it would be a really good thing.

I'm driven by wanting to succeed and be the best. I don't like failing and I don't like being second best. That's basically my aim in life, just to try and succeed in everything that I do because I hate being rubbish at stuff.

All the medals/trophies I've earned for football, swimming and boxing. For me I think physical rewards are so much better than mental rewards, I like seeing what you've achieved rather than just knowing "I have an A level in ____".

My temper. I can be quite easy to wind up if you know how to do it and if I lose it then I'll just blow, but the less said about that the better.

What are your strengths?
I don't know. I don't really like writing positive stuff about myself like what I'm good at and stuff. I'm not really sure what to put either whether its for the job or just in general, so I'll just list in general and kind of apply them to the job.

I'm good at sticking to things and I'm good at working for other people. I can work well as part of a team which I've shown throughout the series and I'm not scared of putting my own opinion or ideas across and adding input to things.

I think I've done really well to get to the final 3 and I've only been on the losing team once. My initial aim was to not be fired first or second and I met that aim. My aim after that was to win ... and it could still be a reality but it probably won't be. I'm also the last male left in the competition which to me means something.

Sia. Her interview will be so much better than mine & Nicky's.

I think I should win because I'm the last male left in the competition and I've been on the winning team every week apart from once. The original Team Oinks are the only three left, and I think I put in a lot of effort in every single task and did my best to make sure I did what I had to well and to the best of my ability. Sometimes it never paid off, but noone is perfect. I think I should be hired because I'd be good for the forum. I'd be good at arguing with annoying members (and I'd love it to be my job if was that) and I'm on TiBB a fair bit as well so I'd be able to easily keep track of things ... I also think I'm a fair person and I wouldn't let friendships get in the way of decisions I'd have to make as a moderator. But that said, I'm not the type to let power change me so I'd still be the same old Tom despite a bit of power.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:34 PM #21
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):

"extatic"?
english tutor my foot!

WOOO SIA. WOOO TOM. WOOO NICKY.

PICTO WAS ROBBED.

yeah i'm out of shoutouts.
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:35 PM #22

Favourites:

Favourites:

hahhah I THOUGHT I'D SPELL CHECKED IT

also: "I've been dunked in the deep end so many times and yet still been able to swim..."

i make myself laugh
Old 12-04-2009, 07:38 PM #23

Wow, all three had good answers Good luck everyone!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:40 PM #24

Loved Sia's interview All were great.

After the interview Sia or Tom to win
Sam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:41 PM #25

Favourites:

Favourites:

I really am supporting Sia after her interivew.
SIA FTW
JOSHUAH! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
apprentice, final, hired, live, sia, tibb, you're