Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:48 PM #51
Frozen

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Callahan
CBB 11: Rylan Clark

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Added atieah2009
Harry! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:27 PM #52
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Minogue goes for meditation retreat

Aussie pop star Kylie Minogue is on a week-long meditation retreat with her boyfriend Andres Velencoso to get ready for her upcoming US tour.

Minogue will start the tour with a show in San Francisco. But for now she has gone for a meditation retreat win Barcelona, thesun.co.uk reports.

"She was nervous about the tour and Andres suggested a retreat. They loved it and now meditate together every morning and evening," a source said.

http://sify.com/movies/hollywood/ful...hp?id=14913152
Old 05-10-2009, 07:26 PM #53
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Kylie Minogue proves big hit in LA

Australian pop star Kylie Minogue performed in Los Angeles on Sunday night as part of her first-ever American tour.

The sell-out show at the Hollywood Bowl saw Minogue adorned in feathers and lowered onto the stage on top of a giant metallic skull.

Fans were enthusiastic about the two-hour, fast-paced performance that included her crowd-pleaser Can't get You Out of My Head, her 2001 club hit.

"The energy is so incredible. Everyone's dancing the whole time", said concertgoer Billy Folchetti. "Her outfits were incredible. It was absolutely an all-around fabulous show."

The 41-year-old Grammy Award-winning artist is performing in the United States for the first time in a music career which has spanned more than two decades.

Minogue performed outside of San Francisco and in Las Vegas before coming to LA. Next will be stops in Chicago, New York and Toronto.

The six-stop run is said to be an effort to test the waters in the US.

If deemed to be successful, promoters say Minogue may be back for a longer tour.

http://itn.co.uk/2ad48ef63c284ed4198066930e7f4cfe.html
Old 06-10-2009, 07:13 PM #54
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Kylie Minogue writes new song Better Than Today with British artist Nerina Pallot for new album - watch video here

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P3Jr3Utf3U0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&featur e=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P3Jr3Utf3U0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&featur e=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mirror.co.uk can reveal that the woman behind a new Kylie Minogue song causing a stir online is British singer-songwriter Nerina Pallot.

Since Kylie performed the upbeat number for the first time on her American Tour last week, fans have been hitting the internet to speculate over its title and origins.

We can confirm that the tune is called Better Than Today and was penned by Brit and Ivor Novello-nominated Nerina, who has been working with Kylie on a number of songs for her new album.

Nerina has also received acclaim for her own record, The Graduate - out today - along with first single from it Real Late Starter..

Better Than Today has already been tipped as the first single from Kylie’s highly-anticipated 11th studio album, due to be released next year.

It will the follow-up to her last LP, 2007's X.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...5875-21725488/
Old 06-10-2009, 07:44 PM #55
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Kylie Minogue: ‘Singing is Therapy’

Kylie Minogue reaches for the microphone when she’s feeling down.

The Spinning Around hitmaker says she uses singing as therapy when she’s having a difficult time.

“When life’s getting really difficult,” Kylie said, “I always think: ‘Let’s go on tour!’”

Kylie — who is in the middle of her first US tour — added that having cancer treatment made her fear she would never perform again.

“I didn’t know if I would be able to do any of this and the fact that I can — I love it even more,” she said.

“My mum has been on every tour I’ve done. All the crew — if my mum’s not there, they’ll cry. They love her.”

Meanwhile, Kylie’s boyfriend Andres Velencoso has revealed he wants to have children with her.

“I don’t know where people get that information, but no, I’m not getting married. Well, I guess that I will one day, but it’s not in my immediate plans,” he told Britain’s Hello! magazine.

“Love is number one in my priorities now I’m in love, I definitely want children some day.”

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/19...s-therapy.html
Old 11-10-2009, 03:56 PM #56
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

It’s Kylie-fornia

IT seems KYLIE MINOGUE is cracking America on her first ever tour of the country.

The Pop Princess has received rave reviews for her gigs at Oakland and what she described as the "hallowed" Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, both California.

And her performances across the pond are earning the pint-sized singer celebrity backing.

Following her successful gig at the Bowl where she sped through nearly two dozen songs in just under two hours, the star partied back at her suite at the Mondrian hotel with her boyfriend ANDRES VELENCOSO, KATE BECKINSALE and Kate's film director husband LEN WISEMAN.

It's great that Kylie is finally making waves in America...but I suppose she did sing once that it is Never Too Late.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...e-country.html
Old 11-10-2009, 03:56 PM #57
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Kylie Minogue smiles through the pain of Louis Walsh jibe

Kylie Minogue was snapped last night leaving a friend's dinner at Mr Chow in LA.

Looking lovely in a bird print maxi dress and some oddly clompy shoes, Kylie manages to choke back disappointment at the latest blow to her career.

That's right, Louis Walsh said she's 'not that good a singer.'

In a damming criticism of her vocal skills, X Factor boss Louis defended two of this year's contestants John and Edward Grimes' apparent lack of talent when he said, "anything is possible. Look at Bros, Jason Donovan... look at Kylie, they're not great singers. Being a popstar is not just about the voice, it's about the whole thing."

Hopefully Kylie will be able to put this latest dark episode behind her move on...

http://www.osoblog.tv/2009/10/kylie_...through_t.html
Old 11-10-2009, 10:03 PM #58

I''ll join i like Kylie as well.
Jackie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:14 AM #59
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie46 View Post
I''ll join i like Kylie as well.
Added!

Old 14-10-2009, 07:32 PM #60
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Kylie goes to Bollywood!

We loooove Kylie Minogue. Ever since she joined Dannii to pick the final three girls on the X Factor looking hot to trot, we've been reminded why we've loved her for all these years since the Neighbours and Jason Donovan days. But here’s one we didn’t see coming – Kylie in a Bollywood film! The pint-sized Miss Minogue is taking to the silver screen for the first time since she made a cameo appearance in Moulin Rouge, and joining Akshay Kumar (Bollywood’s answer to Brad Pitt) in the massive-budget underwater thriller Blue. The film, which is set in the Bahamas, has lived up to the huge hype surrounding it, receiving rave reviews from Indian film critics. We’re excited to see what Kylie has in store! Check out this video of her song for the movie. Glitz, check. Glamour, check. Akshay Kumar appearing on a zip wire, check!

Old 16-10-2009, 06:27 PM #61
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Nick Cave apologises to Kylie Minogue and Avril Lavigne

Cave's novel features a character fixated on the singers

Nick Cave has offered a public apology to Kylie Minogue and Avril Lavigne for featuring them in his latest book, 'The Death Of Bunny Munro'.

In the Bad Seeds frontman's novel the lead character, Bunny Munro, is obsessed with the two singers. Cave, who has collaborated with Minogue, told BBC 6music that he hoped at least she would not take offence.

"I would like to publicly apologise to both of them, especially Avril Lavigne," he said. "Because the writing about her is darker and more invasive I guess.

"I know Kylie and at least, I hope, she will take it in the spirit it was written. At the time that the book was set, which was about eight years ago, or seven years ago, Kylie Minogue and her hot pants were all the tabloids wrote about in this country."

http://www.nme.com/news/nick-cave/47815

Old 23-10-2009, 06:57 PM #62
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Kylie Minogue's Bollywood debut in Blue slammed

KYLIE Minogue's debut in a Bollywood blockbuster has bombed - after the critics panned her "as sexy as a fat housewife in a kaftan".

The pop princess was paid just over $1 million to star in Blue, the most expensive Bollywood film ever made.

The $30million film, which opened in India on Friday, was supposed to appeal to Western audiences.

But the film has been slammed as "idiotic" with critics saying the 41- year-old failed to "sizzle" in her dance song Chiggy Wiggy.

Critic Anil Verma said: "She doesn't look good or even sound good."

Critic Rajeev Masand was a little nicer to Kylie, attacking the film instead.

"The music by AR Rahman is strictly average; even the item song by Kyle Minogue can't save this film from reaching its watery grave," he said.

Old 23-10-2009, 07:01 PM #63
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Minogue considering launching golf clothing range

Female golfers may be able to play the game in far sexier golf clothing in the future as reports suggest that Kylie Minogue is considering launching her own style range.

The pop singer is no stranger to being seen out on the course with underwear model boyfriend Andres Velencoso and the pair have been seen hitting golf balls in locations including France and Spain.

And the diminutive Australian is keen to ensure that people can look the part on the golf course, while shooting low scores with their golf irons.

Minogue told women's magazine InStyle Australia: "Maybe I need to get into designing golf wear because, let me tell you, it's not easy to look good on the golf course.

"Golf courses are normally attached to very beautiful hotels with beautiful spas and a Michelin star restaurant. You play golf, you relax, you eat. You would be surprised by the people who play golf."

Minogue and her Spanish boyfriend were seen playing golf in Paris earlier this year, stepping onto the tee in matching attire consisting of a navy blue jacket, beige trousers and a white baseball cap.

News brought to you by Golf Online, your online shop for golf equipment including golf clubs, golf clothing and golf balls

Old 25-10-2009, 01:17 PM #64
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Kylie Minogue tees off with cancer campaigner

GOLF nut Kylie Minogue has been testing her swing with one of the top women players in the world.

Minogue has hit the fairways in the US with LPGA Tour star Cristie Kerr.

"Struggling golfer, me, played with Cristie Kerr!!!" Minogue wrote on her Twitter page.

Kerr is a breast cancer activist who runs the Birdies for Breast Cancer golf day in the US. Minogue is a breast cancer survivor.

Golf has become one of Minogue's interests since she started dating Spanish model Andres Velencoso as it is an interest they can both share.

The singer, who has wrapped up her US tour, has wasted no time getting back into the studio.

Minogue spent a day last week working with Jake Shears and BabyDaddy from the Scissor Sisters.

"Great and productive time," she said of the session. The pair wrote her hit I Believe in You.

Old 25-10-2009, 02:36 PM #65
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Kylie Minogue 'loves' Dannii's Man

Kylie Minogue is thrilled her sister has finally found a man who can keep her under control.

The 'Wow' singer's younger sibling Dannii is dating rugby player Kris Smith and the 'X Factor' judge admits her family is pleased she has settled down at last.

Dannii said: "Kylie loved him. She knows that he has me under control. I am much calmer these days, so she's pleased about that!"

Dannii also admits she was smitten with Kris as soon as she met him and still can't stop looking at him.

She said: "I have never experienced a love like this. I remember checking him out across the dance floor in Ibiza. My friend went to speak to him for me! I was like, 'Oh my God, don't ask him to come over, what would I say to him?'

"I was totally mortified! But in the end it was great! He made all the moves and the kiss was adorable.

"I never tire of looking at him. I've never gone for rugby players before - I'm not interested in all those muscles - but now I'm converted."

http://newsblaze.com/story/200910242...topstory.html#

Old 28-10-2009, 09:54 PM #66
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

OFFICIAL 2010 CALENDAR AND TOUR MERCH NOW AVAILABLE AT KYLIE STORE!

Kylie's stunning 2010 calendar and a whole host of fantastic new US tour merchandise is now available to buy online at the Kylie Store!

http://www.kylie.com/news/1767472

Old 28-10-2009, 10:01 PM #67
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

KYLIE SPEAKERPHONE COMPETITION WINNER ANNOUNCED!

We would like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who entered the Speakerphone video competition. Kylie was thrilled by the response and the effort that everyone went to.

Although there were many fantastic entries (lots of talented fans out there!) Kylie finally choose Rudolph Pap to be winner. We are sure you will all agree that this video is fantastic and is a deserving winner!

Upon hearing the great news from Kylie.com about his winning video Rudolf said: "I'm so honoured Kylie chose me to be the winner. I just want to say a big thank you for Kylie for being such an inspiration. I'm so happy because I was able to create my first work about her, so because of this it's even more precious and special to me! It definitely made my passion stronger about animating. Keep up the amazing work you do Kylie, I'll work hard too!"

Rudolf's winning video was shown on the big screen last night prior to Kylie's arrival on stage at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles!

http://www.kylie.com/news/1767481/0

Old 30-10-2009, 03:14 PM #68
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Kylie Minogue goes from off duty casual chic to on duty red carpet glamour

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz0VQruIDow

Old 30-10-2009, 03:31 PM #69
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Kylie Minogue's Fans Upset About Her New Looks

Kylie Minogue's fans are pretty upset about her new look in an Australian 'InStyle magazine', calling it 'fake' and 'weird'

The Daily Telegraph reports that her picture has thrown her fans into discussions attributing it to 'photo-shopped'

IIn blog posts on Pinkisthenewblog.com, one reader wrote: "I was going to say the same thing about the excessive Photo-shopping. I didn’t know who it was until I read your blurb. Why must they render celebrities unrecognizable?"

Another wrote: "I would have to agree… her skin looks a little weird. Kinda like they tried to do something to an already existing photo of her from some time ago."

Pictures of her from the InStyle mag are here : http://instyleaustralia.com.au/view....ArticleID=1374

Old 07-11-2009, 06:10 PM #70
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Kylie Minogue's sexy ad voted Best Ever Celeb Viral Ad

London (ANI): Aussie popstar Kylie Minogue’s sexy ad in stockings and suspenders has been voted as the best ever celeb viral advert. According to online content distributor GoViral, the advert for underwear company Agent Provocateur has clocked up a whopping 350million hits on YouTube, reports The Sun.

Buzz up!Brazilian footballer Ronaldinho’s Nike Crossbar Challenge ad came second in the list. The film shows him demonstrating apparently impressive skills by hitting the crossbar no less than four times, without the ball touching the floor. The clip has been viewed in excess of 50 million times.

US President Barack Obama's Yes We Can song, featuring Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas, Scarlett Johansson and other stars came third with 32 million views. Nicole Kidman and Ozzy Osbourne were also among the celebrities to star in clips, which made up the Top 10.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/mus...ad-021109.html

PS YouTube view counts are incorrect in the artical.

Old 13-11-2009, 10:45 PM #71
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Kylie Minogue’s bedding line Kylie at Home is hot

Sydney, (ANI): Aussie pop princess Kylie Minogue is fast becoming popular among UK shoppers, with her new bedding line ‘Kylie at Home’ doing a brisk business.

'Kylie at Home’ offers a range of bed linen, cushions and throws, making Minogue, 41, the latest newly fledged soft-goods designer.

The range, co-designed with UK home furnishing company Ashley Wilde, is a girlie, slightly camp cornucopia of satin, taffeta, sequins and sparkles inspired by the Showgirl tour’s feathered headdresses and Minogue’s grandmother Nain.

When it launched in the UK last year, Minogue told Woman & Home magazine that the domestic side of her creativity was in her blood.

“My grandmother taught me how to pattern-cut and sew from the age of about 13. To this day, I adore fabrics, trims, the look and feel of them, the way they catch the light and work together,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted her as saying.

“Kylie oversees the product,” Graham Dean, Myer’s director of sales (home) said. “That’s why you see her coming through in the range. It’s very girlie; there are lots of bows and silk and lacework,” he added.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/hol...ne-091109.html

Old 13-11-2009, 11:00 PM #72
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Kylie Minogue's dress: What you'd look like in the sequined Matthew Williamson mini

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ues-dress.html

Old 20-11-2009, 06:00 PM #73
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

KYLIE & RANKIN

Kylie's 'Nail Varnish Artwork' is up for auction in aid of Youth Music from this Saturday 14th November 2009.

Youth Music is the UK's biggest music charity for children, and supports music making opportunities for some of our most disadvantaged young people.

Visit www.youthmusic.org.uk/rankin for further information.

Old 24-11-2009, 07:09 PM #74
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Kylie mentioned in this artical about Prada clothing.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=83

Old 27-11-2009, 07:22 PM #75
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

Kylie features in the List of most influential Australians.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/peop...1127-jwvz.html

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
kylie minogue, tour