Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 20-05-2009, 02:08 AM #1
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Default Abortion

2nd of the simple polls series...the idea of this issue being solved by a poll makes me giggle.

Are you pro-life or pro-choice?
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 07:02 AM #2

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...php?tid=112244

Shaun on this first page we have done all this Topic
3 pages of it.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 08:11 AM #3

pro life
pinkmichk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 09:39 AM #4

I suppose its one of them things that cant be generalised. it depends on specific cases really.

I cant say im for it but i cant say im against it.
Sod_James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 09:50 AM #5

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: One Direction
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: One Direction
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

Pro-Choice
Twilight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 09:57 AM #6
Nah

Nah

Pro-Choice absolutely.

But abortion shouldn't be used as a mean of contraception. People need to take responsability of what they are doing.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 10:08 AM #7
Team Flack

Team Flack

Not sure. Sometimes I feel like I'm saying pro-choice just to argee with anyone else and not been seen badly. But I don't see how anyone could ever have an abortion.
Princess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 10:15 AM #8

pro-choice
Indierock&roll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 10:38 AM #9
Z

Z

Pro choice. People who are having children while they're still children themselves aren't capable of supporting a baby and giving it a good life; they're creating a never ending cycle of teenage pregnancies. I'm pro choice, I think people should have the right to abort foetuses, so long as it's before a certain time frame.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 10:47 AM #10

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain.Remy
Pro-Choice absolutely.

But abortion shouldn't be used as a mean of contraception. People need to take responsability of what they are doing.
I feel the same way, where i think there should be a choice, i wouldn't like people using it as just contraception when they have forgotten to take the pill or just havent bothered, or the same with a condom.
30stone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 11:16 AM #11

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Josie

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Josie

Choice, i think sometimes contraception just doesn't work and bringing a baby into the world is all good unless u can't actually care for it well
Barbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 11:20 AM #12

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

I am very Pro-Choice
Spike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 11:26 AM #13

Definitely pro-choice. For those who can't understand an example as to where it may be necessary - what if the woman is raped? An extreme example, maybe, but how on earth can she be expected to raise the child, and eventually reveal to him/her what happened? It's a traumatic experience in itself without that added to it.
Bells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 12:01 PM #14
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

The poll has left out my option. I think you can be anti-abortion and still pro-choice. I dont really like abortion, but just like gay marriage and just like smoking a joint, I dont want to, or in this case the woman does not want to hear **** from anybody else on it. As in it is non-of-your-business.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 12:50 PM #15

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):

I'm against it. I don't agree with killing an unborn baby just because they're going to be an inconvenience to you which is essentially what you're doing. You put it there, live with the consequences!!

But I do agree with abortion if they can tell the baby won't have a normal life due to what ever condition or if it can affect the mothers health ... and maybe rape at a push as well
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 12:54 PM #16
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I'm against it. I don't agree with killing an unborn baby just because they're going to be an inconvenience to you which is essentially what you're doing. You put it there, live with the consequences!!

But I do agree with abortion if they can tell the baby won't have a normal life due to what ever condition or if it can affect the mothers health ... and maybe rape at a push as well
'You put it their' - tell that to a rape victim. 'Due to the baby not having a normal life' ... pretty double standard - ''Daddy wanted to not have you because you are in a wheelchair and can only understand about half of what im saying.'' - putting a bit of a harsh Darwanistic twist on the whole affair.

Their are also a lot of definitions for 'unborn baby'. Some people do not consider a foetus to be a child. Others who want an abortion should not be deprived of it just because of your opinion. Like I said, im anti abortion myself, but im not stupid enough to try and make choices for other people.
Old 20-05-2009, 01:00 PM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Stu

'You put it their' - tell that to a rape victim. 'Due to the baby not having a normal life' ... pretty double standard - ''Daddy wanted to not have you because you are in a wheelchair and can only understand about half of what im saying.'' - putting a bit of a harsh Darwanistic twist on the whole affair.
Did you miss my bit out about rape on purpose? I think thats pretty acceptable. But if getting rid of it is going to stop pain which could be avoided (physical for the baby, mental for the people around it) then I think thats fair enough too.

I've seen quite a lot of ill babies lately (ill nephew) and it isn't nice at all ... but if the parents want to keep it then thats up to them, but I think its acceptable if they don't want to in that type of case anyway.

Quote:
Their are also a lot of definitions for 'unborn baby'. Some people do not consider a foetus to be a child. Others who want an abortion should not be deprived of it just because of your opinion. Like I said, im anti abortion myself, but im not stupid enough to try and make choices for other people.
I'm not trying to make choices for other people, I'm just stating my opinion. I don't agree with killing an unborn baby because its an inconvenience. If thats the case then she should've kept her legs shut and he shouldn't kept it in his pants. If they used contraception and they were unlucky ... well bad times but deal with it. You should know it isn't 100% effective anyway so there is still the chance.
Old 20-05-2009, 01:12 PM #18
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
Originally posted by Stu

Did you miss my bit out about rape on purpose? I think thats pretty acceptable. But if getting rid of it is going to stop pain which could be avoided (physical for the baby, mental for the people around it) then I think thats fair enough too.

I've seen quite a lot of ill babies lately (ill nephew) and it isn't nice at all ... but if the parents want to keep it then thats up to them, but I think its acceptable if they don't want to in that type of case anyway.

Quote:
I'm not trying to make choices for other people, I'm just stating my opinion. I don't agree with killing an unborn baby because its an inconvenience. If thats the case then she should've kept her legs shut and he shouldn't kept it in his pants. If they used contraception and they were unlucky ... well bad times but deal with it. You should know it isn't 100% effective anyway so there is still the chance.
True, their is no such thing as a 100% proof condom, but im still not quiet sure where you stand on it, to be honest. You said your not trying to make choices for other people but with the condom issue you say 'bad times but deal with it'. Thats what I cant stand. Im totally against abortion but im not stupid enough to want to make it a legal matter. Chris Rock said it best - ''if a woman gets pregnant she does not want to hear about **** from you or **** from the government''. It is a simple argument but a true one nontheless.

And if your going to give the anti-abortion argument I still think it is quiet hypocritical to be open to the abortion of ill babies. Especially when broken condom parents have to 'deal with it' but it is okay to terminate a foetus to prevent the parents from having to raise a sick child? Judge love for a child on a scale of health? Im sure their are many physicaly ill or mentaly sick people in the world who would say 'hell no!' if you asked them 'if we went back in time, would you like to have been aborted?'.
Old 20-05-2009, 01:23 PM #19
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

I'm pro-choice. I've carried and given birth to two children. I'm currently raising them. It's not a picnic being a parent. However, this is what we planned and what we wanted.

Pregnant women should not be left with no choice if they get pregnant unintentionally.

I pity the child who's born unwanted.
lily. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 01:39 PM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
but im still not quiet sure where you stand on it
Stu, if I'm honest I'm not even completely sure myself. I think for me the bottom line is I don't agree with it unless its for a greater good ... but not if its just simply because "I don't want it". But if people want to use it then good luck to them, I hope they can live with it especially a few years later when they see kids a similar age to what theirs would be. I think a lot of people might regret a decision, or if they choose not to go through with it and have the baby anyway but don't want it, I bet most love the baby afterwards.
Old 20-05-2009, 03:50 PM #21
BURLESQUE

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

BURLESQUE

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

extremely pro choice. I'm not going to go into the many reasons which have been stated already suich as young girls or rape victims, ect. People who argue that they are against it due it killing a life, not that I'm conradicting that or condemning you for thinking so but in my eyes, it's an overgorwn fetus, it has no feelings, no thoughts. If you all cared so much about 'a life' why aren't you vegetarians?
MrGaryy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 04:07 PM #22
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally posted by MrGaryy
extremely pro choice. I'm not going to go into the many reasons which have been stated already suich as young girls or rape victims, ect. People who argue that they are against it due it killing a life, not that I'm conradicting that or condemning you for thinking so but in my eyes, it's an overgorwn fetus, it has no feelings, no thoughts. If you all cared so much about 'a life' why aren't you vegetarians?
Excellent point. A mature chicken or cow has far more cognitive functions than an unborn child.
Old 20-05-2009, 04:26 PM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by MrGaryy
There is a lot of evidence suggesting foetus's have feelings

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
abortion