Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Reality TV Reality TV Show Discussion. Including Survivor, America's Next Top Model, RuPaul's Drag Race and The Only Way is Essex.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:25 PM #1

Default Worst reality TV meltdowns

From 'The Sun'

Vanessa Felts - Celebrity Big Brother 1
LARGER than life loudmouth Vanessa might have thought her Celeb BB turn would win her popularity.

But the TV personality went into meltdown. She began scrawling illegibly on the BB dining table and biting out four-letter abuse to Big Brother.

Jack Dee commented to other housemates: "Vanessa's completely lost it."

Kerry Katona - Crazy In Love
KERRY won I'm A Celebrity and became a national treasure in 2004 - but being back in the spotlight only heaped more trouble on the ex-Atomic Kitten star.

She spiralled further into struggles with bi-polar disorder, addictions and money problems.

Then came Crazy In Love, a reality horror show about her relationship with ex-cabbie husband Mark Croft, and things went from bad to worse.

The negative publicity following the show has led to Kerry facing further emotional problems.

The height of her meltdown was a frightening slurring fest on ITV's This Morning - sparking rumours of alcoholism.

So what does Kerry do to sort out the situation? She makes another reality show about her struggles - Kerry Katona: What's The Problem? which is on screens now.

Paul Danan - Love Island 1 & 2
SHOW bosses feared for Paul's mental state in the 2005 edition of the show, after he got very drunk and started picking crazy arguments with fellow contestants and a confused Fran Cosgrave.

Eventually he threatened to become violent, and security guards had to bundle him off set for the night.

Since then, Paul has been in even more trouble with his temper - he was fired from a stint in panto after shocking a crowd of kids and parents with a tirade of swearing during the switching on of Christmas lights in Preston.

Jo O'Meara - Celebrity Big Brother 5
JO O'Meara's comments about contestant Shilpa Shetty led to a complete emotional and career meltdown for the ex S-Club singer.

All of the celebs involved in the race hate debate experienced the wrath of the public, but it was Jo who failed to get back on her feet.

The star attempted suicide later that year, following her post-show ordeal.

"She is wasting away and is not eating," her mother told newspapers shortly after the event.

"I speak to her and she tells me how she's still seeing helicopters coming out of mirrors and those sorts of things.

"She's on Prozac now and it seems to have made a difference. The drug takes 14 days to work and I think it's helping her."

"I feel if this is what a TV show does to people, then it shouldn't be a TV show," Jo later told reporters.

"The whole thing has been so unfair and so cruel," she added. "I've not been portrayed as the person I really am."

Nadia Almda - Big Brother 5
HIDING her transexuality from fellow housemates put Portuguese BB7 housemate Nadia under even more pressure.

And this, coupled with ciggie withdrawal symptoms, pushed Nadia well and truly over the edge on many occasions.

She blew up in the diary room in a fit of tears begging Big Brother to get her some cigarettes and was caught up in the infamous Fight Night when the police were called into the house following a huge bust-up.

And despite scooping the BB crown at the end of the series, Nadia's celebrations were short-lived.

She, like Susan Boyle, admitted herself into rehab suffering from depression and stress following negative public attention.

Les Dennis - Celebrity Big Brother 2
LES Dennis was already on shaky grounds with wife Amanda Holden when he entered the Big Brother house in 2002.

Her affair with Neil Morrissey two years before had almost sent him over the edge, and the pressure of 24-hour scrutiny caused further trauma.

As rumours of a marriage split emerged, soon Les was talking to the chickens, staring into space, doing mime, and talking nonsense.

Les explained later in his autobiography that ex-wife Amanda Holden had taunted him before he went in to the house - even teasing him that they might put Neil into the house.

Thankfully, he's now back on his feet and doing well since his hilarious appearance on Extras won him public favour.

Shahbaz - Big Brother 7
Show psychologists were watching Shahbaz like a hawk after the 37-year-old Glaswegian threatened to kill himself during his first five days in BB7 house.

"I am a dead man walking. This is my last curtain call," he told housemates before breaking down in the diary room and claiming he "wanted to die".

In a statement, Channel 4 said: "He was unhappy and finding it increasingly difficult to integrate within the group dynamic of this year's housemates."

Though Shahbaz eventually walked from the house, Channel 4 were criticised about the way they handled his demands to leave.

Lee Otway - Love Island
LITTLE Lee Otway was so smitten with fellow contestant Colleen Shannon that her romantic rebuff sent him over the edge.

Devastated Lee burst into tears and wailed, "I feel like a right little girl in front of you lot!"

Colleen tried to reconcile with him, claiming they were "just better as friends".

But an angry Lee spat "******* you Colleen. You should have said that to me instead of leading me on. You've *******ed with my feelings and *******ed with my head."

Lee flew into a rage, kicking a tree in the process, before storming into the Beach Hut and smashing up a £3,000 microphone, hurling things at the screen and then finally threatening to leave.

Nikki Grahame - Big Brother 7
UNSTABLE Nikki had already been through the emotional trauma of anorexia before she entered the house, and her poor mental state meant she was on a knife edge with fellow contestants throughout the show.

Her infamous outbursts included a frightening attack in the diary room over the 'freezing' air conditioning in which she screamed and cried like a child.

Susan Boyle - Britain's Got Talent 3
THE Boyle bubble finally burst on Saturday night, when 'Hairy Angel' Susan came second on BGT to dance troupe Diversity.
But things went from bad to worse for the Scot singer, who was admitted to rehab suffering from exhaustion post-show.

With the journey from small town girl to superstar getting shorter thanks to the rise and rise of reality shows, she isn't the first famous face to buckle under the spotlight's pressure.
Arneldo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:27 PM #2
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB13 USA: Rachel
UBB: Brian

Banned

Favourites (more):
BB13 USA: Rachel
UBB: Brian

Surreal Life have had some good ones
ILoveTRW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:52 PM #3

Hollie Really did break down :/
Lewis. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:56 PM #4
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Shahbaz = winner. I felt so bad for him but it was great viewing...

Didn't Michael Barrymore have a bit of a breakdown too?
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:17 PM #5

nadia BB7???? = mistake!
Ethan.k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:18 PM #6
TiBB founder

TiBB founder

Ahmed and the plate smashing
Mark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
meltdowns, reality, tv, worst