Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:37 AM #51

Quote:
Originally posted by Conzors
Quote:
Originally posted by Captain.Remy
Quote:
Message original : Conzors
I find it funny how most straight people are disgusted at this, and gay/bi people arent. Like if he said 'except the one in my girlfriend last night' not one single straight dude would find it disgusting, and would find it funny, so whats the difference?

x
Oh come on please, you need to stop thinking everyone is comfortable with hearing this. They would be if he was a straight guy, I'm sorry it's true. The difference it does make is that being straight is more accepted than being gay and not everyone has changed their minds.

When I heard it personally, I was like 'Whaaat ?' and I take responsability for it. I immediately thought 'OK, another fabulous camp fierce gay bitch queen' like Dennis and Shabaz and Marco.
Yeh but why is being straight more accepted.. and why did you got 'whatt?' beause if he was talking bout a girl, you wouldnt of gone 'what' so you just prooved my point exactly. Maybe you need to open your mind a bit more.
There isn't any. I think a lot of people decide to be more sensitive to certain things than others. I don't really care and it's not a big deal but I think people are using ignorance as an excuse.

Me no likey ignorance or close minded-ness...
monkeyking87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:38 AM #52
CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Ben

CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle

It was just a quote in a VT.
\PJ/ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:39 AM #53
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I find it funny how most straight people are disgusted at this, and gay/bi people arent. Like if he said 'except the one in my girlfriend last night' not one single straight dude would find it disgusting, and would find it funny, so whats the difference?

x
It's an entirely fair point. I think quite a few tibbers have shown their narrowmindness with this topic.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:39 AM #54
Nah

Nah

Quote:

Yeh but why is being straight more accepted.. and why did you got 'whatt?' beause if he was talking bout a girl, you wouldnt of gone 'what' so you just prooved my point exactly. Maybe you need to open your mind a bit more.
Read my latest post.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:40 AM #55

Quote:
Quote:
Message original : monkeyking87

Thats pretty much a problem of close minded-ness. I don't think you can be in any way upset that more lliberal people don't see the problem with the comment.

If "straight" is right and "gay" is wrong then I can see a major fault in this sort of mindset
I wasn't talking about me, I made the comment because it's a fact, it's been proven over and over and over. I'm not saying being gay is bad, not at all, I'm saying that narrow-minded people may find it shocking and offensive hence why if Charlie was straight and made the same comment, it would have been seen as alright.
The comment in itself didn't make me uncomfortable at all. He's free to do whatever he wants with his 'bone' (it's not even a bone by the way lmao) but yet I had a reaction when I heard it because we are not used to hear it everyday. See my point ?
Sure I do and I was talking in the same general way you were. In no way was I making a comment about you or your opinions.

I stick by mine by what you have said ie just because some people haven't "accepted" gays yet doesn't mean that there should be extra consideration given for something that a jack the lad would say and be celebrated for.

You get me?
Old 05-06-2009, 10:40 AM #56

Default i think he was just tryin to put the fact that he was gay across to the audience with out taking him self to seriously we know he is a joker and a cheeky chap if a bloke sed it about his girl friend it would not be a proble i think he as a nice perso

Quote:
Originally posted by monkeyking87
Quote:
Quote:

x
Oh come on please, you need to stop thinking everyone is comfortable with hearing this. They would be if he was a straight guy, I'm sorry it's true. The difference it does make is that being straight is more accepted than being gay and not everyone has changed their minds.

When I heard it personally, I was like 'Whaaat ?' and I take responsability for it. I immediately thought 'OK, another fabulous camp fierce gay bitch queen' like Dennis and Shabaz and Marco.
Thats pretty much a problem of close minded-ness. I don't think you can be in any way upset that more lliberal people don't see the problem with the comment.

If "straight" is right and "gay" is wrong then I can see a major fault in this sort of mindset
quietheartbeat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:40 AM #57
smile:)

smile:)

I really don't get where this whole Gay Vs. Straight this is coming from, but it needs to stop. I wish people would stop bringing things like that into this. It's only a show for God's sake.
Noel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:42 AM #58

Quote:
Originally posted by Dezzy
Quote:

x
It's an entirely fair point. I think quite a few tibbers have shown their narrowmindness with this topic.

Its nothing to do with this. I'd have thought the same if a straight guy had said it. It's just a cliche opening gambit. Have you got no other way of introducing yourself apart from spouting some sexual statement?
yousoboo! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:43 AM #59

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Coleen Nolan
BB13: Deana

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Coleen Nolan
BB13: Deana

Quote:
Quote:

Read my latest post.
Yes i know, but it is showing your narrowminding ness towards this topic, and it is just like, well why do you have a problem with it if he said it homosexually, rather than hetrosexually whereas you wouldnt have had that much of a problem.

:|
x
Conzors is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:45 AM #60

Quote:
Originally posted by yousoboo!
Quote:
Quote:

x

Its nothing to do with this. I'd have thought the same if a straight guy had said it. It's just a cliche opening gambit. Have you got no other way of introducing yourself apart from spouting some sexual statement?
I agree with you there. People most often gay people seem to strive to catagorize themselves ie

"Hi I'm gay, who are you?" type things and I bloody hate that it's so damn annoying.

The only thing I have a problem with in this thread was the fact that it could be down to some sort of ignorance as to why people were shocked and offended.

If it's a matter of a cliché then I agree then so!
Old 05-06-2009, 10:47 AM #61
Nah

Nah

Quote:

Yes i know, but it is showing your narrowminding ness towards this topic, and it is just like, well why do you have a problem with it if he said it homosexually, rather than hetrosexually whereas you wouldnt have had that much of a problem.

x
It sounds like you didn't read my latest post lmao.
It's not about being narrow-minded, you don't know me enough to telll if I am or not.
Like I said, people are not used to hear this kind of comments so what do you except ? Of course it had to make people react, this is a sociology issue, being gay is more accepted than before but still not enough.
And I don't even see the need of saying this in front of a camera, I wouldn't have said it myself because it would be right disrespectful for my girlfriend.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:47 AM #62

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Read my latest post.

x
I don't think Remy is "narrowminded" just giving his view that he understands why some others may be offended.

With the exception of the "I thought it was another bitchy queen like Dennis" part it's not his particular opinion
Old 05-06-2009, 10:50 AM #63
Nah

Nah

Thanks Monkey I appreciate. I generally try to give a global answer rather than a personal opinion on that kind of matter because these are real issues.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:51 AM #64

Quote:

Not really come on most of the housemates talk about sex to get into the house the only diffrence this time is he was talking about anal sex and that made people go eww. Why is there not a thread about the "I dont even like to wipe my arse" or whatever he said that made me more uncomfortable funny no one has mentioned that here.
Bright-Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:55 AM #65
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

x

Then okay I don't mind if you think it was cliche' that's a valid point. my post was about the members that were like 'too much information!' 'That put me right off him' etc. They wouldn't have bat an eyelid if he his said his girlfriend.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:56 AM #66
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Bright-Eyes
Quote:

Not really come on most of the housemates talk about sex to get into the house the only diffrence this time is he was talking about anal sex and that made people go eww. Why is there not a thread about the "I dont even like to wipe my arse" or whatever he said that made me more uncomfortable funny no one has mentioned that here.
Cairon got dissected last night.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:57 AM #67

Quote:
Thanks Monkey I appreciate. I generally try to give a global answer rather than a personal opinion on that kind of matter because these are real issues.
Dont worry Remy I understand your POV and how you are expressing yourself. Generally you are just giving a wider opinion which you dont technically subscribe to!

Old 05-06-2009, 11:08 AM #68

lol it made me laugh my head off it was funny xx
Miss-red is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:14 AM #69

Wasn't at all funny
Jackie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:16 AM #70

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki

HILARIOUS!
crossieKIDD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:45 PM #71

Favourites:
BB11: Corin

Favourites:
BB11: Corin

What he said is SO fake because he said on Live Feed that he split up with his boyfriend is February (?) and he said "I haven't got a nasty bone in my body. Except the one in my boyfriend last night" and he is single now lol
Chri$ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:48 PM #72
Bitch is BACK!

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

Bitch is BACK!

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

If he hadnt said that then I wouldnt have known he was gay so I am glad he did, meant I didnt fall for him lol
Annie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:57 PM #73

i thought ''thank god we have some fittys!''
and then he said that, put a right downer on it lmao.
xx
SairBabi92 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:03 PM #74
retro physical

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

retro physical

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

Quote:
Originally posted by Chri$
What he said is SO fake because he said on Live Feed that he split up with his boyfriend is February (?) and he said "I haven't got a nasty bone in my body. Except the one in my boyfriend last night" and he is single now lol
Yeah but he was probably going out with his boyfriend whilst auditioning
xDramatick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:09 PM #75

i thought it was quite hilarious when charlie said that!!
dudley357 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bad, bone, boyfriend, charlie