Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB2 Brian Dowling, Helen and Paul, Dean and the rest of the Big Brother 2 housemates from 2001.

Old 11-12-2001, 10:59 AM #1
Administrator

Administrator

Default Helen & Paul to Get Alistair McGowan Treatment

Story from Ananova today:

Big Brother's Helen and Paul to get the Alistair McGowan treatment

Alistair McGowan and sidekick Ronni Ancona are to impersonate Big Brother's Paul and Helen for his Big Impression Christmas special. Paul and Helen's budding romance captivated TV viewers earlier this year.

McGowan's Xmas special will be screened on December 23 at 8.50pm on BBC1.

Scenes include Helen discussing her housemates' demands for her to eat with her mouth shut. Helen says: "If you eat with your mouth closed then how are you supposed to get the knife in with all the food on." Paul replies: "Yeah, H. Totally. We've totally worked it out, knowworramean?"

But McGowan told Heat magazine that Paul and Helen were far from being his favourites on the show. "Of all the people in the house I liked them least. "I just found them completely ill-mannered. Their table manners and the way they kept shouting about everything just really annoyed me."

Other new characters include Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf, the cast of Friends, Nigella Lawson and a spoof of Pop Idol with Vanessa Feltz as a contestant.
------------------------------

Hmmmm.......don't know if I'm looking forward to this or not. Sounds like he's going to be a bit cruel to our favourite lovebirds. Don't think they'll mind, though - one of their most endearing qualities is their ability to laugh at themselves, isn't it?

Must have changed his mind about their popularity, eh? I seem to recall discussion a while ago that he didn't think enough people would recognise who they were.

Some of the other new characters look quite promising - I can just see 'Vanessa' being torn to shreds by 'Simon Cowell'.
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 12:51 PM #2

Ooh, I'll have to have a look in heat and see what it says before I jump to any conclusions. Helen did have terrible table manners, but I don't recall Paul's, which presumably means they must have been good. They certainly weren't the only ones shouting, so that would be a pretty strange criticism to level at them exclusively. I wonder if he watched the program, or just some of the highlights segways when he realised the public were obsessed. One of the most repeated ones has lots of shouting and Helen licking her plate.

I must admit, I don't normally watch Alistair McGowan, because I don't think he's that good. Call me a snob, but I prefer Rory Bremner. Did anyone see the one where he did a political BB? Tony Blair brought in Alastair Campbell as his luxury item, who then proceeded to try to fiddle the nominations. Lord Irvine called for a judicial review when he was supposed to be evicted, but only after redecorating his part of the bedroom at considerable tax-payers' expense.

The only AM impressions I that are worth watching are the Posh and Becks ones. I'd love to see Helen and Paul going round to Beckingham Palace. That would be entertaining.

I'm sure Helen and Paul will think it's all hilarious. Even if the actual script isn't as good as one of our lovely friends would write, the fact is on is surely double-wierd. I'd believed them when they said they weren't mainstream enough for his show. Perhaps it was all a big publicity stunt after all.

Hmm - I feel the sudden need to stretch my legs. I wonder if anyone wants anything from the newsagents?
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 01:44 PM #3

Quote:
Originally posted by Feefs
Did anyone see the one where he did a political BB? Tony Blair brought in Alastair Campbell as his luxury item, who then proceeded to try to fiddle the nominations. Lord Irvine called for a judicial review when he was supposed to be evicted, but only after redecorating his part of the bedroom at considerable tax-payers' expense.
I didn't see this, it sounds very amusing. When was it on? :grin:
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 02:52 PM #4

I think it was in the Summer. It was excellent. I wished I'd videod it.

Robin Cook was expecting to be a big hit with the ladeez and thought he should have a bedroom to himself.

I also remember Alastair Campbell kept advising Tony on which mirrors he should be using to address the nation, but only when he wasn't telling Tony who to nominate and how to keep the Sun happy. Actually, I think he didn't trust Tony to do his own nominations, so in the end he went to the diary room for him. Far worse than Nasty Nick.
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 04:59 PM #5
TiBB founder

TiBB founder

Im not a great fan of Alastair McGowen, but I will watch this as its H+P!
Just hope he doesn't take the rip out of them too much!

Mark

Paul & Helen!
Mark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2001, 08:27 PM #6

I like Alastair McG.

Hope this will make me laugh as much as the Posh & Becks clips on his show!!

:noel:
Di2001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
alistair, helen, mcgowan, paul, treatment