Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Closed Thread

Old 18-06-2009, 04:39 PM #26
more more more

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jade
BB15: Ashleigh

more more more

Favourites (more):

OMG... I attended the show last night when she said that and absoloutley no boo's happened at all!!! The crowd continued cheering, what lieing bastards!!
Old 18-06-2009, 04:39 PM #27

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkWaldorf
Sigh. This question has been answered MANY times on here before.

Britney fans don't care if she mimes, $61,000,000 made in America alone on ONE leg proves this. Britney isn't known for having an 'amazing' voice, she's known for being a popstar i.e has catchy songs, hip dance moves and good looks. I'm not going to a Britney show for Mariah Carey live vocals, I go to see a spectacle and be entertained - that's what she's good at.

Obviously people who don't like Britney or are just against miming would say its wrong, and that's fair enough. But some people don't care.And Gary, don't judge on the YT clips. When I saw her dancing it was crisp, in-time and those videos did it no justice!

Now I'm leaving this thread because I'm expected to be attacked for having this opinion. ttyl.
Shes also not know for Mariah vocals so obviously you're not going to go for that but are you not in the slightest bit disappointed that she doesn't sing live? I reckon a true fan would be
Old 18-06-2009, 04:40 PM #28
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom

But in comparison to other artists who also put on shows and sing live do you think the price is fair when some are cheaper?
On the other hand, if she can get away with selling them for a high price (which she does, cos she sells out), why would she go lower? People want to see her enough to pay the high prices.

Music is, afterall, a business.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:40 PM #29
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelSpears
OMG... I attended the show last night when she said that and absoloutley no boo's happened at all!!! The crowd continued cheering, what lieing bastards!!
Now the Brits fans are saying its not true. Nothing changes 'round here. LMAO
Old 18-06-2009, 04:41 PM #30
Classic

Classic

She is a mediocre gimmick.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:41 PM #31

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I've heard different off someone else who went

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom

But in comparison to other artists who also put on shows and sing live do you think the price is fair when some are cheaper?
On the other hand, if she can get away with selling them for a high price (which she does, cos she sells out), why would she go lower? People want to see her enough to pay the high prices.

Music is, afterall, a business.
Oh I do accept that and best of luck to her if shes making as much out of it as she can but I'm just questionning the fairness/value of the ticket for fans thats all.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:41 PM #32
can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
Sigh. This question has been answered MANY times on here before.

Britney fans don't care if she mimes, $61,000,000 made in America alone on ONE leg proves this. Britney isn't known for having an 'amazing' voice, she's known for being a popstar i.e has catchy songs, hip dance moves and good looks. I'm not going to a Britney show for Mariah Carey live vocals, I go to see a spectacle and be entertained - that's what she's good at.

Obviously people who don't like Britney or are just against miming would say its wrong, and that's fair enough. But some people don't care.And Gary, don't judge on the YT clips. When I saw her dancing it was crisp, in-time and those videos did it no justice!

Now I'm leaving this thread because I'm expected to be attacked for having this opinion. ttyl.
Shes also not know for Mariah vocals so obviously you're not going to go for that but are you not in the slightest bit disappointed that she doesn't sing live? I reckon a true fan would be
Not really. The definition of a true fan is someone who sticks by the artist, and if some fans are willing to pay more than a $1,000 for a ticket when she mimes - well that screams true fan to me.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:41 PM #33
more more more

Favourites (more):

more more more

Favourites (more):

tbh, i was at the show and her dancing was pure brilliance!!
Old 18-06-2009, 04:42 PM #34
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Then go and see Lord of the Dance. She supposed to be a singer too.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:43 PM #35

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
Originally posted by DamonJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
I really don't care if she mimes, there's such issues as world hunger and proverty in the world and haters get so hung up on Britney Spears miming her concerts. She's not ripping people off because her fans know EXACTLY what they're going for, a show, a spectacle, if we wanted on-point live vocals we'd go to an intimate gig, which to be honest I would find a bit drab. I would rather go see someone strut their stuff, jump, dance and mime around a stage than watch someone sitting, on a stool, boringly singing their songs. Each to their own though.
So do you think its right that its about £50 a ticket to see Britney mime, when other big artists do a live concert for pretty much half of that price?
Why should I see a problem with it when myself and the whole of Britney's fan base knows she mimes? It's my prerogative whether I want to go see something like that. I'd rather go see a spicy show which features an artist with stage presence than a dull boring artist attempting to dance whaling their 'meaningful' songs into a microphone.
Absolutely, I do. I personally love Britney Spears as a performer because I love the hype at her concerta and the hype surrounding her as a superstar, I think she has a kind of stage presence that no other performer these days can match, & I also love her concerts because I love how dedicate her fan base were and how warm everybody was to each other. I absolutely think it's fair and cannot fault her concert last night.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:43 PM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You also have an objective view so obviously you're going to say how great she was. You've probably even got a positive spin to put on her getting the city wrong
Old 18-06-2009, 04:43 PM #37
BURLESQUE

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

BURLESQUE

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I think this is a bit of an unfair point to make actually.

I mean it makes sense that an artist who mimes has a higher priced ticket because they have to employ more dancers, and generally but on a much bigger show to compensate for them miming.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:44 PM #38

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lucie Jones

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by GiRTh
Quote:
Then go and see Lord of the Dance.
hahaha. Surely as shes a song artist then singing live and writing songs is needed really. Fair enough if shes a dancer full stop.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:45 PM #39

Quote:
Originally posted by andyman
She is a mediocre gimmick.
In your opinion.

And Girth, honestly, I attended also and heard no boos either, if anything the crowd cheered even more because she messed up. Either way there is always going to be conflicting opinions, it's not always at fault of the Britney fans. Change the record.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:46 PM #40
Team Flack

Team Flack

Artists put huge ticket prices because they know the fans will buy them. Take That are decent and only charge about 50 pounds for a huge production(this tour cost them 10 million) but fans compensate by going to many shows rather than 1 highly priced one.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:47 PM #41

If she is advertising her shows as "live" and yet she is not singing live (she is famous for being a singer is she not?) then her fans are getting ripped off. Bottom line. I fail to see why people would spend over £50 to hear the studio version of a tune. Performing LIVE should mean that she sings LIVE, not miming to some bullshit backing track.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:49 PM #42

Quote:
Originally posted by Axiom
If she is advertising her shows as "live" and yet she is not singing live (she is famous for being a singer is she not?) then her fans are getting ripped off. Bottom line. I fail to see why people would spend over £50 to hear the studio version of a tune. Performing LIVE should mean that she sings LIVE, not miming to some bullshit backing track.
I thought when concerts we're advertised as live it meant you were seeing them live, like RIGHT THERE, in the flesh, I didn't think it meant live vocals, I may be wrong though. But they're not getting ripped off though, and it is a point that has been raised many times before, if people outside of her fan base seem to be such experts on her miming, obviously her fans know that she mimes, therefore they're not getting ripped off.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:49 PM #43

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
It's not a studio version. Britney records 'playback' which is a new version made to sound live. Many other artists do it too, even ones who don't mime. It's for better effect.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:51 PM #44
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Her fans are obviously happy about seeing her stand on a stage and dance, rather than sing. She sells out, and everyone knows she mimes, so it's not a question of that.

Just I, personally, couldn't bear to spend that much money to see someone dance when they're a singer. Maybe it's cos I don't appreciate "hype", I appreciate talent.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:52 PM #45
Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
It's not a studio version. Britney records 'playback' which is a new version made to sound live.
Sure
Old 18-06-2009, 04:53 PM #46

Quote:
Originally posted by David
Quote:
Quote:
It's not a studio version. Britney records 'playback' which is a new version made to sound live.
Sure
Sure what? David, they're called pre-recorded vocals. Look them up, that post is was just idiotic.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:54 PM #47

Favourites:

Favourites:

Talent isn't necessarily just singing. She's a very talented dancer too.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:54 PM #48

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
Her fans are obviously happy about seeing her stand on a stage and dance, rather than sing. She sells out, and everyone knows she mimes, so it's not a question of that.

Just I, personally, couldn't bear to spend that much money to see someone dance when they're a singer. Maybe it's cos I don't appreciate "hype", I appreciate talent.
Samee, yeh I'm sure the atmosphere is amazing but I'd feel robbed if they weren't actually 'making music/singing'
Old 18-06-2009, 04:55 PM #49

Quote:
Quote:
I didn't think it meant live vocals
LOL what the ****ery? Of course, seeing as she is a SINGER, she should be singing live! That is the whole reason she became famous! That is like going to see what's advertised as a football match and the football players play ping pong instead.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:55 PM #50
Locke.

Favourites (more):

Locke.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Talent isn't necessarily just singing. She's a very talented dancer too.
But she is famous for being a singer.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
britney, mic, shouldn't