Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 20-06-2009, 07:34 AM #1

Default Immediate Aftermath

What an insensitive lot those housemates are. Immediately after the results of the eviction...and after Cairon went, there was just a stunned silence, presumably while the mottly crew sorted out in their heads what strategy to use next. It must be confusing for them to now realise that 1. Freddie is liked 2. Anyone who is against Freddie, will also be vilified by the public.

You could almost see the cogs turning. But the worst thing of all ... no happy hugs for Freddie, no-one saying nice things to him. Their silence was a form of bullying too.
Daffodil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 07:38 AM #2

I realise that you support freddie, which is your choice, but it is up to the H/mates to cherr or ignore him, thats their choice as well, it is not bullying and he hasn't been up against any real opposition yet!
Having said that , he should never have been up it ought to have been Sree and the vile idiot should now be out!!!!
HELLIWONTGO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 07:42 AM #3
Im Not Dead Yet

Im Not Dead Yet

Quote:
Originally posted by HELLIWONTGO
I realise that you support freddie, which is your choice, but it is up to the H/mates to cherr or ignore him, thats their choice as well, it is not bullying and he hasn't been up against any real opposition yet!
Having said that , he should never have been up it ought to have been Sree and the vile idiot should now be out!!!!

Morning!, sorry to the original poster, but I am going to quickly go off topic - I work nights so havent seen it yet..

Helliwontgo - was it a good night last night, i need good info man.......

I will reply to this thread in a second OP, just gotta crumble and roll this erm cigarette first.
Appearance_Of_A_Junky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 07:59 AM #4
Im Not Dead Yet

Im Not Dead Yet

Morning Daffodil, please forgive my earlier rudeness, but I am clawing to bits gossip about last night as e4 aren't showing anything until 11:30 and I need to be asleep for work tonight, and the downloading it (will be downloaded in 1day 6hrs at the moment so.....)

I don't think you can blame the others for being quiet, I like Freddie (not a supporter though, as I am a man of hate and not love - lol). and I don't think you can blame them for being upset that he stayed.

They have a few things they can think about this

1 - Freddie is liked
2 - Cairon was disliked (even the housemates must of known that Sophia was almost a cert).
3 - Freddie was saved to annoy them (which they have mentioned).
4 - They can just be baffled and think the voters are idiots.

Either way (except 2) it will be interesting to see how they change around him this week.

I, for one, enjoy watching BB for the way housemates are, act, and change. I have always been a people watcher rather than a people person. I like watching and picking up on signs and ticks etc. This is why I like BB, not for what happens but more for the reactions of the housemates and their perceptions of the outside world.

I was pleased to see Freddie survive purely because at the very least he's an odd/different person, rather than a lot of the housemates who get likened to previous years housemates which only goes to show how thin the type of persons wanting to go in are.

The only one I can think of (watching heavily since BB6) is a sort of cross between Eugene and Derek. Its nice to have something that is different.

Hope it was worth the wait Daffodil.

Back to the smoke now.....bliss

I would be quiet and thinking 'oh sh*t' if a person that I didn't like survived. I do admit, I think some of what they do is bullying, but this is just dissapointment in the result.

It could be argued that if they had congratulated him (except Angel, Siavash and (erm?) the other one) then it would have been two-faced of them. (Although, since when did being diplomatic become being two faced).
Old 20-06-2009, 08:03 AM #5
Im Not Dead Yet

Im Not Dead Yet

Why were the last two paragraphs at the end, I wrote them before the 1,2,3,4 bit. Odd
Old 20-06-2009, 08:06 AM #6

Thanks for your reply...but I have noticed in previous years that housemates do a fairly good balance of commiserating with the evictee and congratulating the stayer. Freddie is strange, granted, but I would love to know why they were so muted in their response to him staying for the second time. He is not a bad sort of chap .. anyone can see he is basically 'nice', so a courteous 'well done' and a hand shake wouldn't have gone amiss. (It might even have looked good for anyone prepared to show some good manners)
Daffodil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 08:20 AM #7
Im Not Dead Yet

Im Not Dead Yet

Quote:
Originally posted by Daffodil
Thanks for your reply...but I have noticed in previous years that housemates do a fairly good balance of commiserating with the evictee and congratulating the stayer. Freddie is strange, granted, but I would love to know why they were so muted in their response to him staying for the second time. He is not a bad sort of chap .. anyone can see he is basically 'nice', so a courteous 'well done' and a hand shake wouldn't have gone amiss. (It might even have looked good for anyone prepared to show some good manners)
I think it might be just purely because Freddie is on a different level to most of them. I don't think Angel or Siavash even like him, they probably have a link with him if they recognise that they are odd characters as well (well, more Angel than Siavash).

I really do think Freddie is alone in the house, more than any other housemate. I think Freddie knows this too, and I'm impressed with his strength of character to stay in the house.

His niceness might be counterproductive, they might know that previous winners have been won by being nice (ant, rachel) and maybe see Freddie as a threat (lets face it, they all want to win) and they see him as a threat. As he's nice but with an odd twist.

Or, they might think that we would called them two-faced if they did go up to him and say well done (and I think we both know the forums would be ablaze with those threads).

I hope its just because they all want it their way, and anything else is jawdropping to them. Dumbfounded dumbness.

I don't think that Freddie will see this in a bad light, he knows he's not that liked in the house (2 weeks running) but he's fighting his way through it, and best of all not changing to be accepted.

or, they were just scared about what he would say and don't have three hours to kill whilst he responds.

Or maybe I think to much, or smoked to much either way much to much,

much to young,
now freddies now evicted when you could be having fun with me
Old 20-06-2009, 08:20 AM #8
Im Not Dead Yet

Im Not Dead Yet

Quote:
I think it might be just purely because Freddie is on a different level to most of them. I don't think Angel or Siavash even like him, they probably have a link with him if they recognise that they are odd characters as well (well, more Angel than Siavash).

I really do think Freddie is alone in the house, more than any other housemate. I think Freddie knows this too, and I'm impressed with his strength of character to stay in the house.

His niceness might be counterproductive, they might know that previous winners have been won by being nice (ant, rachel) and maybe see Freddie as a threat (lets face it, they all want to win) and they see him as a threat. As he's nice but with an odd twist.

Or, they might think that we would called them two-faced if they did go up to him and say well done (and I think we both know the forums would be ablaze with those threads).

I hope its just because they all want it their way, and anything else is jawdropping to them. Dumbfounded dumbness.

I don't think that Freddie will see this in a bad light, he knows he's not that liked in the house (2 weeks running) but he's fighting his way through it, and best of all not changing to be accepted.

or, they were just scared about what he would say and don't have three hours to kill whilst he responds.

Or maybe I think to much, or smoked to much either way much to much,

much to young,
now freddies not evicted when you could be having fun with me
Old 20-06-2009, 08:24 AM #9

Quote:
I'm sure i saw Marcus shake Freddies hand and heard Noirin say "well done to Freddie".
Marzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 08:30 AM #10

Morning 'app of' hope you enjoyed work because the show was awful, apart from Angel winding Sree up
I want to punch Sree so hard I break my hand and destroy his stupid face, he is so vile and not entertaining, he should have gone, the H/mates seem to be unaware of the way they are seen!
Except maybe freddie who as you rightly say is the cleverest but alos mildly annoying!"!!!
Old 20-06-2009, 08:41 AM #11
Im Not Dead Yet

Im Not Dead Yet

Quote:
Morning 'app of' hope you enjoyed work because the show was awful, apart from Angel winding Sree up
I want to punch Sree so hard I break my hand and destroy his stupid face, he is so vile and not entertaining, he should have gone, the H/mates seem to be unaware of the way they are seen!
Except maybe freddie who as you rightly say is the cleverest but alos mildly annoying!"!!!
Work wasn't too bad, first night back from hols so aways sucky, but I I had help from a young lady last night so I was nattering away to her for most of the night so time flew (didn't get everything done though) but it's nice to have a nice lady to natter too, makes it all so much pleasant.

See, I don't mind Sree as a HM on TV, in real life I would be pushing him away too, and I'm very chilled and relaxed. It is sickening to watch, what he is doing is totally wrong, but I will still watch. I hated Craig in BB6 but it kept me watching, and cringing and shouting at my TV but still watching.

As for Freddie I find him funny in a Alan Partridge kinda of way. What he says isnt funny, he doesnt say it as funny, he's just like the straight guy in a comedy act without the off-the-wall partner, because he's also that role.

If I was in the house I would be closest to Freddie than any of them by miles. I have friends in life that I hardly see because they annoy me, still friends with them though. Same as I can talk for hours about nothing and I know I can annoy people.

I want to see what happens with Freddie and the 'cool gang' now. I also want to see what Sree does when a new woman comes in.

I feel sorry for Noirin as I think she doesnt want to tell him to eff off as it would make her look bad and she wants to win the show or she could just be really really nice or both. I still want to see what happens.

Sree's behaviour in the house is very overbearing, and wrong I would like to stress that point. Doesn't mean I won't watch, same reason as every single car driver slows down to see an accident. We want to see something that we really dont want to see.

Sick human nature really
Old 20-06-2009, 08:50 AM #12

The trouble with you 'App of' is you play yr cards to close to yr chest never say what you mean, always give 1/2 word answers!!!! lol
I would be closest to Angel, as I speak a little Russian + love the language
also she is very smart and knows how to annoy the others
So you like watching plane crashes, well unless yr onit of course!!!
The bingo is now only mon-thur as 1hr of lamb the sham is to much for me!!
Old 20-06-2009, 08:58 AM #13
Im Not Dead Yet

Im Not Dead Yet

Quote:
The trouble with you 'App of' is you play yr cards to close to yr chest never say what you mean, always give 1/2 word answers!!!! lol
I would be closest to Angel, as I speak a little Russian + love the language
also she is very smart and knows how to annoy the others
So you like watching plane crashes, well unless yr onit of course!!!
The bingo is now only mon-thur as 1hr of lamb the sham is to much for me!!
Well in that case Tue, Wed, Thurs are almost deffo's for me then (urgh deffo's).

Playing cards to close to my chest, lol. Yeah I know, I get typing and can't think of what to say, must try and post more than one line each time I post.

My big problem is that I try to look at each point of view so I can seem to agreeable.

I like to try and understand and justify why the housemates do something even if I don't agree with it, so I can see the housemates viewpoint rather than my own. As such I do seem to side with everyone. I will happily concede points in posts (a good thing imo) and try to see from all points.

I don't try and see the good in people as thats b******s, rather I try to see it from their point.

Im a virgo, dunno if thats makes a difference. I am also the Chinese year of the monkey (if you knew me thats VERY accurate).

Don't know why I said that, but I did. It might mean something.
Old 20-06-2009, 09:03 AM #14

I can't stand people who always wish to be seen to be agreeable, better to be controversial!
If that's alright with you and the rest of the people on here?
I make myself laugh, but I really need to change my medication I think
Chinese year of the monkey, I can't BEAR to hear such rubbish!!!lol
That has SEALed your fate, you are merely PANDAering to the rest
Are you sure 'APP of' that you are not LION about that, stop I'm wetting myself here
Old 20-06-2009, 09:09 AM #15
Im Not Dead Yet

Im Not Dead Yet

Quote:
I can't stand people who always wish to be seen to be agreeable, better to be controversial!
If that's alright with you and the rest of the people on here?
I make myself laugh, but I really need to change my medication I think
Chinese year of the monkey, I can't BEAR to hear such rubbish!!!lol
That has SEALed your fate, you are merely PANDAering to the rest
Are you sure 'APP of' that you are not LION about that, stop I'm wetting myself here
effin hell, animal puns.

Oh I am controversial with things regarding me, just not others (unless they directly involve me).

All i can think of for animal jokes/puns is I have to go a deal with my girlsfriends pubes, I have to PLATYPUS

BOOM BOOM!
Old 20-06-2009, 09:12 AM #16

Now there's a thought basil Brush could do the eviction interviewers, it could hardly be any worse, 'Now listen' Boom Boom, it could work!!!! lol
Animal puns was a really funny film by the Marx bros, oh no wait..... that was animal crackers!!! lol Nurse!!!!!!!
Old 20-06-2009, 09:17 AM #17
Im Not Dead Yet

Im Not Dead Yet

Quote:
Now there's a thought basil Brush could do the eviction interviewers, it could hardly be any worse, 'Now listen' Boom Boom, it could work!!!! lol
Animal puns was a really funny film by the Marx bros, oh no wait..... that was animal crackers!!! lol Nurse!!!!!!!
WOW!!!!! I MEAN WOW!!!!!!

Captain Spaulding!!!!!!!!!!!

MARX BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!

I was watching animal crackers only a few nights ago, I even posted about how I was watching a 79 year old film.

Watched Duck Soup the other weak as well.

Great comedies.....apart from the odd line that would be un-pc nowadays they havent really dated. I mean in obvious ways they have, but they are still great.

Who's you favourite. I obviously like Groucho, as well, he's groucho. But think Harpo just has it, the simple looks, perfect.
Old 20-06-2009, 09:21 AM #18
Im Not Dead Yet

Im Not Dead Yet

Oh, and in regards to the plane crash, I would love to go that way, the sheer atmosphere of the panic and complete lack of control, the rush of emotions as your plummeting at least in an odd way you'll feel alive right before you die.........better than dieing in a chair and being eaten by your cat.
Old 20-06-2009, 09:23 AM #19

There is a lot of clips on utube of Groucho, the man was a real genius, read his life story, had it really hard all self taught, his comedy is ageless
Think he invented the gag woman says 'really, I've never been so insulted'!
Groucho replies, 'you ought to get out more' still using his material to this day!
He wrote nearly all their material and he applied to join a golf club and they refused because he's jewish
When he became very famous then retried to join they said yes, and he replied....I don't want to join any club that would have me as a member!!1
Who could beat that and it was also his delivery
On his game show in the states A man was on and said he had 6 kids
Groucho said, 'I love my cigar, but I take it out occasionally!'
Nobody writing or in films as witty as Groucho!!!
Old 20-06-2009, 09:33 AM #20
Im Not Dead Yet

Im Not Dead Yet

I've heard of that gameshow but not heard or seen owt. I'm pleased he did it though, as it shows his wit, with films and stage it's all set out, and so you wonder if he is as funny as he is thought of. Thinking on your feet is so much harder than writing it down (even if thinking of its easy, but actually physically getting to write it down is hard, or am I just lazy?).

I recently watched the first series of MASH and you can see the influence Groucho had on Alan Alda in small ways (excluding the obvious times he does things as Groucho - it was also how I first heard of the Marx Brothers (well Groucho).

Is his book worth reading, Im assuming by your comments it is.

Maybe our taste in comedy explains are hatred of GL.
Old 20-06-2009, 09:33 AM #21
Im Not Dead Yet

Im Not Dead Yet

God I put weak instead of week, are instead of our. Someone teach me a lesson with a red-hot poker (not Charlie though)....
Old 20-06-2009, 09:46 AM #22

Just because freddie was saved it doesn't mean the public like him it just means they prefered him to cairon.
t.i.m.e.a is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 09:54 AM #23
Im Not Dead Yet

Im Not Dead Yet

Quote:
Originally posted by t.i.m.e.a
Just because freddie was saved it doesn't mean the public like him it just means they prefered him to cairon.
Whilst I am a key man in this thread wandering (well violently running) off topic.

This thread is more about the HM's reactions to the eviction rather than the actual voting. How the dealt with Freddie afterwards.

They don't know that Freddie is liked, but they can have an inclination, and they do suspect, but they (apparently) didn't do much in regards to congratulations and I think thats what the OP was aiming for.

Whether they think it was because Freddies liked or Cairons disliked doesn't explain them ignoring Freddie when Cairon went.
Old 20-06-2009, 10:03 AM #24

Any comedian that can ad-lib is worth watching that comes from being a good script writer, years of experience and interest in what they are doing
Some of my fav comedians, Alexi Sayle, make me laugh just by appearing , however it's all scripted, so maybe noe so clever after all
But Paul Merton is very quick, and he loves the B+W films as well!!!!
Old 20-06-2009, 10:04 AM #25

I did notice that they didn't seem to hug Freddie & say congrats or whatever, but because Cairon was evicted there & then in the second show I think the only bit we really got to see was when he was evicted.

I watched live feed & Siavash said he didn't want Cairon to go but he didn't want Freddie to go either. But the housemates don't like Freddie & I think they're realising Freddie is popular. Even if you don't live him you can't deny he's liked by the public, he's been saved twice & is a favourite to win.
Simone. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
aftermath