Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:08 PM #1

Default Anachronism

After the massive outcry with regard to Jade Goody’s anti-Indian slurs – it is ironic that when Big Brother actually puts an Indian in the house, this person just serves to be a dire model and representative of his country.

Sree is immensely self-serving, egotistical, and Janus-faced. He demonstrates a complete lack of integrity, is perpetually immature and his references to his own social position and intellect risible. His pseudo-smiling; his egotistical conversational gambits; his emotional idiocy…

Jade Goody felt the need to go to India to apologise to the nation – Sree should do the same… Big Brother has played into the hands of the racists by putting Sree into the house, as he has manifested the stereotypical behaviours xenophobes cite with regard to people from the sub-continent. Shame on Big Brother for choosing this candidate for the programme.
tenez.le.droit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:13 PM #2

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Samantha
BB18: Ellie

Favourites (more):

Such nonsense.

No man is a representitive of any country, only of himself.

I happen to hate Kris more then Sree, and think he is fundementally a more vile person. Should every twat on TV be forced to apologise to their home country?

Idiocy.
vesavius is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:14 PM #3
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

i dont see how jade goody, indians, and sree can all be related...

well yeah i can, but i doubt thats why Sree is in there
Saph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:35 PM #4

Quote:
Originally posted by vesavius
Such nonsense.

I happen to hate Kris more then Sree, and think he is fundementally a more vile person. Should every t*** on TV be forced to apologise to their home country?

Idiocy.
To my knowledge, with the exception of Shilpa Shetty the British Big Brother series has never had a native Indian on the programme before. The fallout from that series was huge…

Big Brother is patently watched by a huge audience, and Sree is quite possibly their only introduction to somebody actually hailing directly from the Indian sub-continent. As such, I am sure many will be judgmental…

If you were watching the Indian version of Big Brother, and you were watching the only native English person – the sole representative of your culture on the programme, acting in the same manner as Sree – how would you feel?

The rest of the housemates provide a cross section of Britain – we appreciate the other characters’ idiosyncrasies – they will not be labelled.

I appreciate you are attempting to provide an equitable, politically correct view – but do you have the faith in British society to hold the same view?
Old 01-07-2009, 09:39 PM #5

British people do act like that, well some of them, we are not that thin skinned, we got lots of people we are ashamed of, the prime minister to start with!
But thats not our fault, people are judged individually not as a nation, look at posh spice, or Jordan I'm ashamed to come from the same country as those talentless morons!!!
HELLIWONTGO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:45 PM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by tenez.le.droit
Quote:
Originally posted by vesavius
Such nonsense.

I happen to hate Kris more then Sree, and think he is fundementally a more vile person. Should every t*** on TV be forced to apologise to their home country?

Idiocy.

If you were watching the Indian version of Big Brother, and you were watching the only native English person – the sole representative of your culture on the programme, acting in the same manner as Sree – how would you feel?

.... an equitable, politically correct view... /snip
On the first question I would judge that person on his own behaviour. I wouldnt be so ignorant to judge an entire culture on him, or indeed think he owes that culture an apology. Thats just idiocy.

British people act like sh!ts on TV day in day out, do you really demand an apology from all of them to the British people? Ridicolous.

On your second question... I am aware that you offer up being 'political correct' as an snide insult, but thats ok, I don't mind that.

Sree is a twat because Sree is a twat, nothing more nothing less.

Stop trying to subersively trying to turn this into a race issue. Your cover is paper thin.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:47 PM #7

I don't like Karly. The fact that she's Scottish is neither here not there. They could put in a Scot I really liked.. Most people base their observations on the individual. Same goes with Sree.
Prole is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:50 PM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by ViaVerde
I don't like Karly. The fact that she's Scottish is neither here not there. They could put in a Scot I really liked.. Most people base their observations on the individual. Same goes with Sree.
I hate karly, but do i judge Scotland on her or expect her to apologise to her country for being a nasty bitch?

Lol, of course not.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:50 PM #9

How is this an anachronism?

GeorgeOrwell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:53 PM #10

tenez
Do you know what "anachronism" means?
RCW1945 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:55 PM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by RCW1945
tenez
Do you know what "anachronism" means?
The representation of someone as existing or something as happening in other than chronological, proper, or historical order.

One that is out of its proper or chronological order, especially a person or practice that belongs to an earlier time: “A new age had plainly dawned, an age that made the institution of a segregated picnic seem an anachronism” (Henry Louis Gates, Jr.).
Old 01-07-2009, 10:00 PM #12

Favourites (more):
BB12: Jay
CBB8: Jedward

Favourites (more):
BB12: Jay
CBB8: Jedward

i get pee'd off with the fact that they find the most annoying scottish person in there every time.

i think we (the scottish) are kinda labelled by them, so i sort of agree with your post.
kisywisy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:01 PM #13

Quote:
Originally posted by kisywisy
i get pee'd off with the fact that they find the most annoying scottish person in there every time.

i think we (the scottish) are kinda labelled by them, so i sort of agree with your post.
Nah, no one thinks you're all like that! Stick Frankie Boyle in the house, he'd sort 'em out :-)
Prole is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:17 PM #14

Vesavius,nice dictionary you have there but maybe GO and I were trying (perhaps too obliquely) to indicate that the OP had nothing at all to do with anachronisms.
RCW1945 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:22 PM #15
Lemon Twerper

Lemon Twerper

Reminds me of when Gerry used to go on about how he's "representing Greece" when nobody realisticly thinks of gerry when they think of Greece. It's famous for so many other more respectable things.
MargeryFan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:06 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by RCW1945
Vesavius,nice dictionary you have there but maybe GO and I were trying (perhaps too obliquely) to indicate that the OP had nothing at all to do with anachronisms.
Yes, I got it, and I was (perhaps too obliquely) supporting the fact that it had nothing to do with anachronisms.

No need to be snippy.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:20 AM #17

Quote:
After the massive outcry with regard to Jade Goody’s anti-Indian slurs – it is ironic that when Big Brother actually puts an Indian in the house, this person just serves to be a dire model and representative of his country.

Sree is immensely self-serving, egotistical, and Janus-faced. He demonstrates a complete lack of integrity, is perpetually immature and his references to his own social position and intellect risible. His pseudo-smiling; his egotistical conversational gambits; his emotional idiocy…

Jade Goody felt the need to go to India to apologise to the nation – Sree should do the same… Big Brother has played into the hands of the racists by putting Sree into the house, as he has manifested the stereotypical behaviours xenophobes cite with regard to people from the sub-continent. Shame on Big Brother for choosing this candidate for the programme.
most of what i was gonna say has been said,but im not sure why you think sree needs to apologise..he has no need to apologise to noone,especially not on your say so.
jade apologised because she was seen to be racist and her agent felt if she hadnt her career may have gone down the pan..

i gather from this post your not liking sree much but i truly cant figure out why this thread needed to be made,psuedo smiling a sin?not quite sure why one would apologize for a psuedo smile still
tintedshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:22 AM #18

Quote:

This has to be a goad post surley you can't be this ignorant.
yousoboo! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:45 AM #19

We are representative of our own country and culture; we are its product – and it is especially true when we are the sole representative that another group encounters… Shouldn’t you feel like that when you are visiting a foreign country? Isn’t the expectation that we are all, effectively, ambassadors – don’t we all shy away from the British examples who misbehave abroad or embarrass us as a nation?

Big Brother has been in existence for a decade; I presume that every candidate is vetted, psychologically profiled, etc. extremely thoroughly. With this level of appreciation, Big Brother must have had an excellent notion as to how Sree would behave and his character traits. As such, what was Big Brother trying to achieve with its representation of Indians? I would have expected them to implant an especially worthwhile role-model when they were looking for a native Indian – especially after the purported world-wide furore with the Jade Goody Celebrity series – what was the motive for placing such an egregious person as Sree for everybody to disparage?
Old 02-07-2009, 11:47 AM #20

Before Sree apologizes to India, he should do that first to Hertfordshire University.
xerophytes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:49 AM #21

He is representative of himself, not his country. You're the one being stereotypical.
Cody™ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:52 AM #22

Quote:
Originally posted by xerophytes
Before Sree apologizes to India, he should do that first to Hertfordshire University.
i'm sure when he gets out on friday and sees his feedback he will be on bended knees licking there shoes(his words not mine)
28thapril is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:57 AM #23

we should bitch slap his ass back to mecca.
jay303 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:18 PM #24

Quote:
Originally posted by jay303
we should bitch slap his ass back to mecca.
now that he would enjoy!!!
28thapril is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:24 PM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
We are representative of our own country and culture; we are its product – and it is especially true when we are the sole representative that another group encounters… Shouldn’t you feel like that when you are visiting a foreign country? Isn’t the expectation that we are all, effectively, ambassadors – don’t we all shy away from the British examples who misbehave abroad or embarrass us as a nation?

Big Brother has been in existence for a decade; I presume that every candidate is vetted, psychologically profiled, etc. extremely thoroughly. With this level of appreciation, Big Brother must have had an excellent notion as to how Sree would behave and his character traits. As such, what was Big Brother trying to achieve with its representation of Indians? I would have expected them to implant an especially worthwhile role-model when they were looking for a native Indian – especially after the purported world-wide furore with the Jade Goody Celebrity series – what was the motive for placing such an egregious person as Sree for everybody to disparage?
Waffle and white noise. Your agenda is nonetheless clear.

You didnt even answer my direct and clear questions.

Should every British person acting like a nasty or rude twat on TV apologise to the Nation everytime they do so? Should I as an individual be judged on someone elses behavior, just because they are British?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
anachronism, sree