Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 08-06-2002, 08:58 AM #26

Quote:
I'm really not sure about this..... I liake KAte and Spencer and just hope they end up in the same bit.
Oh, worry not, they'll be separated, and forced to sitting gazing longingly at each other through glass bars (because I would like to see them get together, and these things tend to go against me, it's just Anna luck!)

Looks like Spencer's plan to share Kate's bed in place of Alison may be ruined.....

However, I still hold out hope - let Spencer and Kate be in the same part. Go on.........

I still don't like this idea that much. Too much suffering....
Glitter_babe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 09:20 AM #27

Anything is better than the rubbish we are watching at the moment and I agree with pauljw. I hope Alex gets to go in the poor house. God, how we'll see him moan. Perhaps he will wish he had been evicted last night.
What I would like to know is. How can they make bread on a wood stove?
Can't wait to see their smug little faces when they come out of the bedrooms.
Pity it's only for a week it would be good to see them put more effort in to future task's.
My God, I sound like a witch ( or should that be bitch?)
Don't answer that one.

YIPEE
jbellemeg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 12:34 PM #28

I so hope the couples are split up. I don't think there is any real romance here. (Sorry to those who are looking for something deep and meaningful) just pratting about, warmth and comfort and a not inconsiderable amount of posing and plotting.

Thank God something is going to happen in there.

Jbellemeg, it is very possible to make bread on a wood stove. I have done it lot's of times in my sister's croft. It will give them something to do, and they will all whinge, and no doubt think life is cruel.

See, if you are an old witch, so am I!

In fact, here we both are! And, hang on, isn't that doxy on the right my old friend peachy??

Or, is it, left to right, Kate, Sophie and Adele? Which gives me an idea for a caption........................

IF ALEX THOUGHT PEEING IN THE SHOWER WAS DISGUSTING, IT'S A GOOD JOB HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT WE PUT IN THE PORRIDGE!!!!
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 01:01 PM #29

Default Or this caption

"Do you think they'll miss Alex after lunch??"
Gardencroft is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 01:15 PM #30

BRING BACK HELEN , PAUL AND CO
Old 08-06-2002, 04:57 PM #31

finally!! something to get me dancing!!

I think it's a good idea. Wasn't Lee talking about quitting earlier in the week? Maybe if he gets the poor bit, he will do a 'walk off'.

I dont' think Kate and Spencer have any real future together-imagine how jealous and great viewing it will make if him and Kate are seperated, yet if Sophie is in the same section as him?? (maybe I should join the witch brigade too??)

At the end of the day....it's all about viewing figures and this will bring them in!
Cali is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 05:06 PM #32

Hi Cali!
Welcome to the board!

Im thinking that maybe ppl copuld walk who were considering it anyway - if Lee is put in that poor side, he aint gonna have it!
Or Alex for that matter!!
WILDCHILD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 05:20 PM #33

Thanks for the welcome!!! HeLLo!!

I think Lee only wanted to 'walk' the other day because of the football!!

I think this will be good for all involved and mostly for us viewers!!
Cali is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 05:22 PM #34

Quote:
Originally posted by Cali
I think this will be good for all involved and mostly for us viewers!!
Its gonna be amazing for us viewers!!
I CANT WAIT!!: dance:
WILDCHILD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 05:30 PM #35

Hello Cali!

Welcome on board. Please be as daft as we are because we all need cheering up here!

Nice to meet you!!!
Old 08-06-2002, 05:30 PM #36

Tonights late C4 showing should be good!!
Gardencroft is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 08:38 PM #37

Welcome Cali. You are going to love this board. We are all very friendly and love having new members.
ROB
Thanks for the information re..stove.
Hope Alex gets to go in the poor side of the house. He will wish he had been the one to go last night.
It will be interesting to see how they react when they realise what's going on.

Bring Back Helen, Paul and co
Old 08-06-2002, 08:56 PM #38

Here's a conspiracy theory for anyone that's interested.

The producers can influence who ends up where, if they know how good the housemates are at the skill involved.

They could have asked them if they have played, or still play, basketball or netball.

Just a thought.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 11:37 PM #39

I first thought it was a good idea but now that I have just seen the seperation I have had a change of mind.

It looks like a prison. The interaction between them will be ruined I think.

Worst of all it is going to go on til the end of the series. Each weekly task will give them a chance to swap places.

To see them talking behind glass bars is really quite awful. I don't like to watch people being made physically uncomfortabe. I think the BB team have gone bonkers to allow this divided house until the end of the 9 weeks. I am not a happy bunny.

bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 11:42 PM #40

I agree - I think the split house is cruel. I thought the idea of BB was to get a group of very different people together and see how they would interact, live together, chat and have to rely on each other for 9 weeks. This is like being in prison. I think it's a dreadful idea - even worse now knowing it's going to last until the end of the series.

If this is what the Endemol/Ch4 got from their 'focus groups' they can stick it.

We want to be entertained not have to watch a version of Prisoner Cell Block H.
susieq is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 12:04 AM #41

I agree. To inflict this idea for more than a week is divisive and totally against the spirit of Big Brother. It is not even enharncing the televised experience as it is no longer possible to watch your favourites as the barrier is in the way.

I fear it will break the bond we, the "viewers", are building up with the housemates.

I also fear the ethos is being lost. It may even have the effect of showing up the contrived nature of this years BB3........

Sad for the housemates.......... I feel for them........ And sad for us.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong...........
splodge0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 05:13 AM #42
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

There will be more joy in Heaven over one sinner who repents...(Luke 15:7)

Is this not what I was saying when the idea was mooted a few days ago ?

Yet I seemed to be on my own here

Does anyone think it would help if we started flooding C4/Endemol-UK with e-mails showing our aprobrium ?
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 07:39 AM #43

It's a really bad idea, and not easy to watch either!!!!!!. I know that we like the odd row on BB but I think that this is going to be a war!!!!. I hope people start seeing Adele for what she really is soon as well.
chilledbootz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 10:52 AM #44

Default My $20 and 50 cents.

First up mods get rid of the smileys and animated things, they do nothing. nothing whatsoever, except put your off what you're trying to post.

Back to the start. Right, I wholeheartedly agree with Graeme on this prison venture. Now that I've been made aware it's going to last the entire nine(?) weeks I'm even more against it. Where as before I would have kicked the bars down and shoved my finger up to the producers no matter what side I was on, now my normally deep deep deeply buried angry burning injustice side has totally risen to the head and now I would be ripping the poles out of the floor and shoving THEM up the arse of the producers sideways. I'm sure this is what graeme really REALLY wanted to say but is too polite to go that far. I'm not and yes in that situation I would.

It's just not good watching people suffer for not doing anything wrong, missing a hoop? come on. Nope personally speaking I'd rather watch people getting it on with each other, having a laugh and bonding together. All we will have in this format as Alex and Sandy being snidey and total gits and possibly "getting away with it".

Still we have to endure Sandy doing laps in the pool, when there's clearly a bit more interesting things going on. Hell I'd prefer to watch the chickens for 40 minutes, I would I really would.

This years production values have for us viewers gone rock bottom. All or rather most of the interesting conversations have been muted, or worse cut out altogether. and why? slander? personal protection? Nope, so they can get a nice big double DVD package out when it's all over cashing in further on their four (?) year old product.

A big big shame. IF this years edition had been ADVERTISED as a remake of "The Experiment" then I could have forgiven the producers, but it WAS NOT, it was sprung on the housemates while they were already in the house after two weeks of getting to know each other. Unless the bars are removed at the end of this week then I will not be viewing the sadistic programme, and I wouldn't be surprised if more people walk out, or even if someone goes totally do lally. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if there's a nasty incident involving sharp knifes and irritating gits. In that situation, if i could not remove the bars, then mass culling would follow and I'm not talking about the chickens either.

I am normally non violent. BUT injustice riles me. Abuse of power riles me and seeing human beings seperated by privilege and status irks me too not so much in "real life" where you earn what you get out of life, but in a "prison" environment where getting extra isn't possible.

Sorry about the long post, but I've followed Graemes directions and posted my thoughts and opinions here. First one. Am very interested in the reply Graeme gets. if any.

Sidrat.
The whizzbang smileys must go!!! More annoying than watching Sandy go round the pool. HONEST!!!!
sidrat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 11:20 AM #45

Hello sidrat and welcome!

Sorry mate, but we love our smilies here! We are simple folk, and they make us happy.

However I agree with you on many things.

This BB is a MAJOR disappointment.

I watch it (when I do) in very small short doses with a grimace on my face, HOPING it will improve.

I am given to understand though that the viewing figures are up on last year. I think the producers are aiming at an almost exclusively young audience and think this appeals better to them.

I suspect figures may have been falling recently and that they have been forced to take this action. In the previous years figures have steadily picked up as we became fonder of housemates and more embroiled in their progress.

I know I do have some singular tastes but I am surprised at how little I still like any of them. If I did like them I might worry more about what is happening to them. I don't like them, and my feeling is that they are in there for what they can get and they are free to walk whenever they like.

The 'experiment' was, as you know, based on the Harvard study. Scary and had to be stopped in both cases for different reasons.

This is unethical, but so have all of them been. They are being played with, and we are actually the real tormentors. We are the crowd in the coliseum giving it the old thumbs up or down.

It's also a bit like early Star Trek episodes when old James T had to fight for his life for the benefit of amusing a few jelly headed aliens.

If we really want them to stop it, we should all turn off.

After you!!!
Old 09-06-2002, 11:28 AM #46

*points to his sig*

Im sorry but if they take them out then i will for days!
Mad Matty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 11:38 AM #47
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Welcome to this forum Sidrat

(For the benefit of others Sidrat is another regular of the more turbulent Mid Atlantic, C4 Reach Forum where we first met)

What I have been trying to do with little success is get an E-mail address of O2 the sponsor.

The trouble is their website does not have the e-mail address listed, only some form field to put you comments in, and it seems more geared up as a customer help set up. I did not feel I could express myself there so have asked for a contact e-mail address, but that will take 7 days for a reply.

If anyone has a contact E-mail address for O2 could they please post it up here and we can see if we can get the sponsors to lean on Endemol UK

BTW Sidrat if you are still around, can you see if SukySue wants to come back here, and see if you can get Roy P. As this is a regulated forum, we do not get the characters like Stuart Hart here or Early Riser
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 12:12 PM #48

Well ROB, I didn't see your reference to me as the third witch until today, cheeky mare, you are. Let's just say it takes one to know one.

On a more serious note, having seen the split house I think the picture could represent what the housemates will look like after living in the hell house for the next six weeks.

I think the producers have taken leave of their senses. Why don't they go the whole hog and have the housemates in an arena fighting to the death? The audience could all go down to Elstree each Friday and boo and cheer to their heart's content.

I'm really starting to wonder whether this programme should be classed as entertainment any longer and whether we should all still be watching it. I know I sound like a pious old f**t and I'm really not, but we're a nice bunch of gentle people in the main on this board. That's why we love TiBB so much, watching people being forced to watch other people lounging on sofas, eating and drinking too much while being deprived of food, drink, comfortable beds, chairs, hot water and reasonable cooking facilitiies, in the name of entertainment seems to be carrying things a little too far. Sorry but that's how I feel.

Rant over, I feel a little better now
peachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 12:14 PM #49
TiBB founder

TiBB founder

Are we being invaded..... lol

Welcome to the forum Sidrat.....

Happy posting...

Mark
Mark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 12:20 PM #50

As someone said on the boards...