Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 09-06-2002, 12:21 PM #51

I am as gutted as I was early this morning. Normally I go in to mourning when the show and more to the point the website closes. I already have a feeling of loss. I don't blame Endamol so much as Ch4, who I believe are and have been pulling the strings this year. They have, after all, paid for the rights for several years.

Very much a case of money grabbing.

Big Brother had serious cult status...... Not any more. Greed will receive its own dessert, just or otherwise.

Ps. sidrat, we have loved our smilies as it reflects our rather irreverent humour. You will note however that as our collective anger rises smilies are less of an issue and are not, it seems, as approprate as they were. THIS WILL, ONE HOPES, REVERT!!!
splodge0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 01:47 PM #52

The housemates are suffering more now, but only a little more so than before.

Let's not delude ourselves to think they were living in luxury before. If they hadn't chosen to go into the house we would say they were being denied basic human rights.
They already had a total lack of privacy -something prisoners do not have to endure, complete isolation from the outside world and the possibility that they will leave the house to a chorus of boos - hated by the British public. All this for little or no reward.
I think these hardships are far tougher than having to eat basic rations and cook on an outdoor stove.
I wouldn't go in the Big Brother house even if it was set in a 5-star hotel.

I enjoyed the old format, in previous years, so it would be a bit self-righteous for me to criticise the producers for this.

As to how entertaining it will be, only time will tell.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 02:13 PM #53

I wonder if Dermot is wishing he hadn't made that link now. And Davina must be wishing her career wasn't link with BB today.
splodge0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 05:39 PM #54

Quote:
Originally posted by Mo

Hopefully couples like Kate and Spencer will get separated. Perhaps Jade and Spencer going in one house together might drive Kate mad.
I can't believe I said that. I'm terribly sorry.

I hate this split house and for the first time every I feel really sorry for the housemates.
Mo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 08:08 PM #55
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

The E-mail address for O2 the sponsor of Big Brother is mycare@02mail.co.uk

Maybe a word from the sponsor to C4 or Endemol UK may get better results
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 08:27 PM #56

I was watching today and saw an awful lot of unhappy faces on Sophie's birthday. I said a while a go that Ch4 may have pushed this to far, they should all do a week and if it's to much to put up with, have a mass walk out, I've a feeling it's not very British this kind of torture. At least with Survivor the was a million quid in it and we didnt see people looking miserable for hours a day.

steve_o is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 11:12 PM #57

Hi Sidrat and welcome to the board. Sticks has mentioned you before (btw we have another Graeme on the board so it gets a bit confusing if you call Sticks by his real name) and I have also read your posts on other boards. I hope you enjoy posting here.

I agree with you, Sticks and everyone else who has been bewailing the state of BB3 this year and how awful the 'Split House' idea is, though it did surprise me how well the housemates reacted to it last night. I expected ructions, but the general concesus seemed to be that they thought it was a 'wicked idea'. However, that was only after an hour or so and the true reality of it had probably not set in yet, and they also don't realise that C4 appear to be intending to make it last for the remainder of the show.

I actually think it is an interesting idea for maybe ONE week, at a push two, but is completely unacceptable for it to last longer than that. Not only is is totaly unfair on the housemates (though I do appreciate that they have signed up to 'expect the unexpected') but I feel like many other people that rather than enhancing our viewing, it RUINS it.

I don't know whether C4 read these forums and take note of our opinions, but I hope they do. I think I will be emailing this and several other threads from here direct to Helen Hawken. We have corresponded several times before and she has always replied so I will let you know what she says this time.
Quote:
First up mods get rid of the smileys and animated things, they do nothing. nothing whatsoever, except put your off what you're trying to post.
I'm sorry you feel that way, the smilies are an integral part of our board and the majority of our other members, including the three admin, love them and would sorely miss them if they were to go. We like to use them to brighten up our posts, but that does not mean we cannot discuss things sensibly.

I'm afraid they're here to stay, but I hope you are too, as I enjoyed reading you post above and look forward to many more.

LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 11:45 PM #58

Default Smileys fair enough.

I'll just have to imagine it as writing on childrens fancy note paper. Wonder if you can get scented Smileys?? (work on it!!!)

Sticks, not graeme, got it.

I originally believed it was going to be just a week too, which still unfair but almost bearable if you're strong enough. Enduring nine weeks on top of nominations will break most people, certainly the posers and the umm shall we say, maturity unstable among them.

Anyway, baseball is on and although that can be far far crueler than BB could ever be, the prizes are so much richer. Who'd remember H&P in 100 years? Sammy Sosa remembered in a 100 hundred years EASY. I wonder if there's an easy way to get your own baseball card? Sorry rambling.

Take it easy guys.
Suggestion to people attending or passing the BB household. If someone wouldn't mind shouting out "Tear the bars down" to the inmates that is what they should be called now, I'd be most greatful.

Sidrat
sidrat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 08:33 AM #59

Default The Experiment

Quote:
The 'experiment' was, as you know, based on the Harvard study. Scary and had to be stopped in both cases for different reasons.
This was where they split students into prisoners and prison wardens wasn't it? And the prisoners were maltreated by their 'wardens', and showed signs of illness?
I studied it in psychology last year.

To an extent, this is a bit like that, as the rich housemates might start to believe they SHOULD be there, and act a certain way because they are expected to.

I think the split is cruel!

I'm glad you took the comment about Kate and Spencer being split up Mo (not that i'm a Kate & Spencer fan you understand!) but in general, I think it's awful that various groups in the house have been split up. Even felt sorry for Sandy (for a second). And poor Jade is stuck with scheming Adele! What will become of her.

Actually, watching it on E4, this is what I've seen:
Jade in tears, which made me feel awful for her. I think this will toughen her up though, and she'll grow up quite a bit.

Sandy, Alex and Adele (the bad coven - maybe you can put a spell on them ROB?) are still in close contact.
Spencer and Kate are spending as much time as they can close to each other, playfighting, hugging, kissing (or passing beer through mouths) and flirting.
Sophie and Lee are getting increasingly close, with Adele on the sidelines.
Alex is still winding a lot of people up.

The point I am (so eloquently!) trying to make is that nothing much has actually changed in the dynamics of the house (as far as I have seen) except the physical separation.
The split is a good thing in that it tests who's friendships are genuine. At the moment it is showing me that, as horrible as they are, Sandy and Alex genuinely like each other (or at least like each other more than they like the rest of the housemates), as they seem to be in contact asregularily as possible.
Kate and Spencer: Despite Jade being there, touchy feely etc, Spencer seems content to spend time with Kate, and they both spend as much time together as possible, despite the separation (and continue to stare at each other with puppy eyes), so I think they are genuine too.
The less genuine 'friends' would make less of an effort: Sophie doesn't seem to have as much time for Adele anymore, for example. I guess it's early in the week, so I may be wrong, but thats the way I see things.

Anyway, I think that this for the rest of the time in the house is unnecessary, and i don't want to see it. I agree with LEE - two weeks at a push. The whole point in big brother was to see how people interacted in a setting as close to normal as they could get (ish).

I have noticed though, that the barriers aren't defeating some friendships (as mentioned earlier) and there isn't any bad feelings between rich an poor (that werent there already) except Spencer's anger with Jonny and Sandy, which has subsided.
BUT I'm willing to bet that channel four won't show them sitting around the table, talking between the groups, or them laughing and joking together, or Kate kissing Spencer to pass him beer (yes Kate, i'm sure you were only trying to give him beer, it's not like you WANTED to kiss him).
I think they'll show all the footage they have of the housemates 'fighting' and being unhappy with each other.

I always knew channel 4 editted some things to be perceived a certain way, but now the only way to see what really is happening will be to watch E4 (and even then they blank out the interesting bits.)

Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Glitter_babe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 08:45 AM #60

Spencer, looking like part of The Great Escape ensemble.
(Sorry, just think the picture is cute)
Old 10-06-2002, 08:48 AM #61

is there a reason my piccie won't work???
Old 10-06-2002, 06:46 PM #62

Did you upload it from your harddrive?
Or try and link it?
Mad Matty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 06:52 PM #63

It's linked to the C4 site Matty (and glitterbabe ), but I think they url is no longer valid.

LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 08:28 PM #64

I think Alex is enjoying himself now. He dosn't seem at all fazed about having to do without. He has been smiling most of the afternoon
I couldn't believe it when they said the bars would be up for the rest of the series. What a stupid idea
If you havn't got interactive tv ( which I havn't ) you have to put up with what is shown. They hardly ever show what's going on on the poor side.
If they believe this makes for good viewing ie.. the bars, they are badly mistaken.
Who wants to watch a program when there are bars obscuring your view?
I hope they get lots and lots of complaints and think again.
jbellemeg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-06-2020, 08:50 PM #65

This is one of the threads from 2002 where we discussed tonight's episode of Big Brother: Best Shows Ever.

Makes me cringe a bit reading my old posts. I was really cynical about this series at the time.
Old 22-06-2020, 11:00 PM #66
BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Brooke

BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):

I’m shocked people were calling BB3 boring until this, I loved BB3 and was hooked from the start. It was the first series I watched on TV

Thanks to Littlegreen for my lovely sig
andybigbro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-06-2020, 11:19 PM #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by splodge0 View Post
I wonder if Dermot is wishing he hadn't made that link now. And Davina must be wishing her career wasn't link with BB today.

So strange to see the controversy of classic BB.

If only they knew what was to come.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-06-2020, 11:21 PM #68

People were missing BB2 still when BB3 was on. That was a reason behind the negativity.

Series 3 was the first series discussed on here, when it was happening.

Last edited by James; 22-06-2020 at 11:21 PM.
Old 22-06-2020, 11:28 PM #69
BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):

BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
People were missing BB2 still when BB3 was on. That was a reason behind the negativity.

Series 3 was the first series discussed on here, when it was happening.
Ahh that makes sense

Thanks to Littlegreen for my lovely sig
andybigbro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-06-2020, 11:31 PM #70
-

-

I’m glitter babe
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
house, official, press, release, saturday, spilt