Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 15-07-2009, 02:35 AM #101

Quote:
Originally posted by anonycat
Quote:
Originally posted by Rodrigo2Win
All this ''freddie is arrogant'', ''freddie is pompous'' business is totally irrelevant.

The guy is a pathetic nerd. The kind of guy that you and your friends laugh about at work or in uni. The kind of guy that gets bullied heavily throughout his teenage years...

Why would the British public love this guy? Easy...for the same reason they say fat girls are ''healthy looking'' and models are ''ill'', for the same reason they voted Nadia to win, for the same reason the special olympics exist.

The public love a loser because it makes them feel good about themselves. Would Kris have been half as hated if he looked like Halfwit? **** no.
Didn't you say you were an aspiring comedian in another thread?

Ah, I see it now! This bit is hilarious!!
I do sarcasm.

~~~

Honestly though, assuming you are being serious and actually think like this, I think your post is a bit sad.
Your comments portray you as someone who is completely obsessed with appearance and some senseless standard of (what you obviously consider) attractive/"cool", and unable or unwilling to acknowledge deeper things, more deserving of merit.

You contend people somehow identify with their inner "losers" when embracing one of the people that you consider a loser. I agree people can feel a connection with someone based on their own experiences in life.
But by the same token, it is well documented in psychology, social science, and history that one often despises in others what they (sometimes unwittingly) despise in themselves.

So basically, I'm absolutely right, but I'm an arsehole for saying so, yes?

Oh, no, I got that wrong...

I dislike an annoying socially inept loser, therefore I am one myself.

Gotchya.
Rodrigo2Win is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 02:37 AM #102

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
All this ''freddie is arrogant'', ''freddie is pompous'' business is totally irrelevant.

The guy is a pathetic nerd. The kind of guy that you and your friends laugh about at work or in uni. The kind of guy that gets bullied heavily throughout his teenage years...

Why would the British public love this guy? Easy...for the same reason they say fat girls are ''healthy looking'' and models are ''ill'', for the same reason they voted Nadia to win, for the same reason the special olympics exist.

The public love a loser because it makes them feel good about themselves. Would Kris have been half as hated if he looked like Halfwit? **** no.
Didn't you say you were an aspiring comedian in another thread?

Ah, I see it now! This bit is hilarious!!
I do sarcasm.

~~~

Honestly though, assuming you are being serious and actually think like this, I think your post is a bit sad.
Your comments portray you as someone who is completely obsessed with appearance and some senseless standard of (what you obviously consider) attractive/"cool", and unable or unwilling to acknowledge deeper things, more deserving of merit.

You contend people somehow identify with their inner "losers" when embracing one of the people that you consider a loser. I agree people can feel a connection with someone based on their own experiences in life.
But by the same token, it is well documented in psychology, social science, and history that one often despises in others what they (sometimes unwittingly) despise in themselves.

So basically, I'm absolutely right, but I'm an arsehole for saying so, yes?

You know, it actually does not much surprise me that you came away from reading my post with that conclusion.
anonycat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 02:38 AM #103

Read again.
Old 15-07-2009, 02:42 AM #104

You added:

Quote:

Oh, no, I got that wrong...

I dislike an annoying socially inept loser, therefore I am one myself.

Gotchya.
I say:
Keep trying... maybe look a bit deeper.

--

I am not calling you, or anyone else, a loser.
Old 15-07-2009, 02:43 AM #105

Yeah,

The whole ''they just say that 'cause they're insecure with themselves'' gimmick is just what parents say to make their bullied children feel better.

But I'm assuming it worked on you as a youngster, so feel free to keep on using.
Old 15-07-2009, 02:51 AM #106

My understanding of anonycats post mate is that to put it bluntly yer examples were pretty shallow. The faults we see in other can be subconscious with regards to our own flaws and that we can identify with the underdog based on our own experiences of being an underdog....nothing really offensive against you.....although i may have interpreted it completely wrong
a_2009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 02:54 AM #107
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Yeah,

The whole ''they just say that 'cause they're insecure with themselves'' gimmick is just what parents say to make their bullied children feel better.

But I'm assuming it worked on you as a youngster, so feel free to keep on using.
are you smoking crack?
charliegimbert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 02:58 AM #108

Quote:
Originally posted by a_2009
My understanding of anonycats post mate is that to put it bluntly yer examples were pretty shallow. The faults we see in other can be subconscious with regards to our own flaws and that we can identify with the underdog based on our own experiences of being an underdog....nothing really offensive against you.....although i may have interpreted it completely wrong
I dunno,

I wouldn't say they were shallow. If a guy comes across as a complete and utter dork, I think that's a valid reason to dislike him just like Kris did. Kris was normal.

Suggesting I hate halfwitt because I think he's like me is ridiculous.
Old 15-07-2009, 02:59 AM #109

Quote:
Yeah,

Cute. I actually was never bullied, but that's charming, nonetheless.

One day, you'll come to realize, all that I was (vaguely attempting) to convey, on your own.
Most people already have or do.
Either that, or you'll become a lonely bitter old man, alone with your judgements of other people. ,:-)

(Or you could build yourself a lil elitist society of bitter, judgmental old men. (~_^)b We all know there are more that think like you out there.)
Old 15-07-2009, 02:59 AM #110

Quote:
Originally posted by charliegimbert
Quote:
Yeah,

are you smoking crack?

Old 15-07-2009, 03:00 AM #111

Quote:

(Or you could build yourself a lil elitist society of bitter, judgmental old men. (~_^)b We all know there are more that think like you out there.)

Or even better...

Just mix with people with some social ability.
Old 15-07-2009, 03:03 AM #112

Pete, Nadia, Halfwit...

You think those three would be on the top of the invite list of a normal person's party?

Don't hate me for calling a freak a freak.
Old 15-07-2009, 03:12 AM #113
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by charliegimbert
Quote:
Yeah,

are you smoking crack?

yes you are.
charliegimbert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 03:12 AM #114

Quote:
Pete, Nadia, Halfwit...

You think those three would be on the top of the invite list of a normal person's party?

All normal really means is usual, or average. To claim something as 'normal' doesn't mean anything whatsoever other than it is fairly common.

So I think your point is really pretty meaningless. It is likely that people will be interested with, or like "freaks" or eccentrics in that show (as many do in real life) because they stand out from the everyone else. A clue: most people on the show who have been labelled dull are normal.
Laruz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 03:23 AM #115

Quote:
Originally posted by Laruz
Quote:
Pete, Nadia, Halfwit...

All normal really means is usual, or average. To claim something as 'normal' doesn't mean anything whatsoever other than it is fairly common.

So I think your point is really pretty meaningless. It is likely that people will be interested with, or like "freaks" or eccentrics in that show (as many do in real life) because they stand out from the everyone else. A clue: most people on the show who have been labelled dull are normal.

Fair point.
Old 15-07-2009, 12:26 PM #116

Quote:

There is truth in this. The majority of the public are jealous people. Sophie topics are loaded with comments about her '13 year old body', or 'not all that without make-up'.

People love to exaggerate the faults in people they are jealous of. Kris was a bit cheeky and had an ego, but I don't feel threatened by that and would gladly accept him as a mate.

Halfwit is a pube. His faults are ignored and people adore his laid back, nice guy approach. But that is the difference between BB and reality, who you like to see on the TV and who you would want to hang around with are two different things.
HellShark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009, 08:46 AM #117

They all think they will win why do you think they are in there. the difference is he doesn't stab you in the back to get there. and if I won five evictions I would feel a little confident wouldn't you
fizz38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009, 08:49 AM #118

Freddie is far from perfect, I like him but he's often arrogant and quite annoying.

Halfwit fans just dismiss everything negative about him thoughso it's not really worth arguing, even though you're correct.
Destini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009, 08:50 AM #119

Oh and Rodrigo2Win, you were spot on...

In fact that's by far the most intelligent post I've ever seen on this forum.
Destini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009, 09:05 AM #120

who thinks Kris is good looking and why?

I don't think so. He just hides his face with hair.
If you think you are as good looking as he does, why hide your face
It is him that was arrogant not Freddie (Half wit)
fizz38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009, 09:08 AM #121

Quote:
Originally posted by Laruz
Quote:
Pete, Nadia, Halfwit...

.....give me someone eccentric like Freddie any day than the so-called "normal" aka vacuous self-obsessed housemate. Same in real life - I always prefer talking to people who are different, eccentric and totally happy in their own skin than people obsessed about their looks and how people perceive them - they are so boring to talk to. He is a breath of fresh air because he is so different, and all the Freddie haters who said that once he was no longer perceived as "the victim" then his popularity would drop like a stone, have been proved wrong - now we are seeing the happy, fun side of Freddie, his popularity has never been higher (43% of the vote on most favourite housemate on Digital Spy)
olga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009, 09:12 AM #122

Quote:
They all think they will win why do you think they are in there. the difference is he doesn't stab you in the back to get there. and if I won five evictions I would feel a little confident wouldn't you
Totally agree!!!

As for who I like on TV and who I like to hang out with is one and the same for me! Who in there would I mix with...only Siavash & Freddie. The rest I cant trust!

As for slagging off Freddie fans, I think thats really uncalled for. You can have your opinion and thats fine but so can I!

Freddie to win!!!!
Addy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009, 09:26 AM #123

I thought we might have seen the last of you, Ahmed, when Sree left. You seemed to fade away for a short while. Alas you're back, so I'm going to make the effort and ignore you.

On a different note, I don't think Freddie's arrogant, he's just boring me at the moment. He's done bugger all lately.
Rollerrd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
arrogant, diary, freddie, halfwit, room