Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB6 Chat about Anthony, Eugene, Makosi and the rest of the Big Brother 6 housemates.

Old 14-06-2005, 12:43 PM #1

Default Big Brother suffers a bit of malaise

Quote:
Media Choice Extra - Big Brother suffers a bit of malaise

As a dedicated viewer of Big Brother both past and present, I have to admit that this year’s contestants are grating on me somewhat.

I am surprised that a group of people can behave so venomously to each other after knowing each other such a short period of time.

Admittedly some of the characters do have some redeeming qualities, such as Maxwell’s cheeky chappy humour and Kemal’s ‘fabulous’ charisma, but in the main, this year’s contestants are vindictive, manipulative and in constant battle over who can be the centre of attention.

However, I do not see this leading to the downfall of the current series.

Whilst many viewers may be getting bored of the constant tension in the house, recent evictions suggest that the public are eliminating the most argumentative housemates in an attempt to see more positive relationships formed between the remaining, slightly less obnoxious, contestants.

With then likes of Scary Mary and ego-maniac ‘Les-leh’ gone, we can expect to see the housemates bond more, which will ultimately deter a decline in audiences.

Already this week, we have seen potential romance blossom between Maxwell and Saskia and although bickering still exists in the house, it seems that it is occurring in a more jovial manner.

The relationship between Craig and the Anthony/Maxwell duo is a perfect example of this, given that the bullying of Craig is done in a light hearted way, with Craig giving as good as he gets, thus making the characters more endearing.

Furthermore, although ITV’s Celebrity Love Island is catching up with Big Brother in the ratings stakes, the format of BB is still far superior. Recent tasks have been hilarious and this coupled with the elimination of some of the more offensive housemates should contribute to C4 maintaining, if not increasing their impacts.

Eviction Prediction: Sam

Cara McCrerie is a TV buyer at MediaCom and will be reporting on the sixth
Article Media Choice
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother, bit, malaise, suffers