Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 21-07-2009, 10:39 PM #1
Banned

Banned

Default I\'ve Gone Off Bea - Ken is an Idiot, But Bea\'s Pretty Bad Herself ...

I've kinda gone off her a bit, this whole 'lovely innocent cuddly hippie' thing is a blanket to help her swiftly breeze through the weeks and potentially win. Joining Halfwit is such an easy card really.

I don't think it's right that she didn't contribute to the task. That's letting the team down, and potentially being responsible for evicting somebody WHO TRIED to pass the task. I think that's bad.

She should have targetted Noirin, since Freddie was close to her. That was a fair deal, and in the spirit of working as a team. She let them all down.

She also has a sharp tongue and was rude to imply that she was intimidating Ken. That is asking for an argument in my books.

To note, I dislike Ken more. But you can see through Bea. I think when it's a team task everyone should give 110%. She had no excuses.
AhmedFan2004 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 10:43 PM #2
Banned

Banned

I think she was vindicated in anything she said to Kenneth considering how he treated her. It's her choice to participate in the task, she was willing to let herself face the consequences so what was wrong with that? The 'Sharp tongue' argument also fails when you compare what she said to Kenneth's words.

If someone gets evicted from the Newbies Friday, it won't be because Bea didn't try, it'll be because they've been an unlikable tit. Kenneth's made his bed now he's gotta lie in it.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 10:44 PM #3

Agree with your post.
Also why go into the BB house knowing full well there will be tasks, if you are scared to take part!
Twiggy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 10:44 PM #4

all this blaming Bea for the failure of the task, but what exactly did the others do? besides insisting that Bea stab freddie in the back, to save them (which incidently wouldnt have worked but nobody seemed to realise, that it was the other housemates that had to be influenced)
tramp-stamp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 10:45 PM #5

If I was Bea, I wouldn't have taken part in the task either, its her choice, yes they were supposed to act as a team, but theyre all individuals when making their choices. Lets face it, they never would have passed the task anyway.
She didn't want to target Noirin either because shes not the type of person that could act friendly to people whilst trying to get them up for eviction behind their back, other people might be okay with backstabbing to save their own necks, but Bea clearly isn't.
Kenneth was the one who said to Charlie when he went in the living room "Her trying to intimidate me, i know people outside blah blah" and Charlie went and told Bea what he said, so she asked him..and then didn't hear him when he insulted her in the garden and said pardon and hes stormed upto her and acted like a total arsehole.
She has a right to not take part in tasks, how about the HM's today refusing to nominate properly...same concept really
amy-jayne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 10:46 PM #6

Quote:
Originally posted by AhmedFan2004
I've totally gone off her, this whole 'lovely innocent cuddly hippie' thing is obviously a blanket to help her swiftly breeze through the weeks and potentially win. Joining Halfwit is such an easy card.

I don't think it's right that she didn't contribute to the task. That's letting the team down, and potentially being responsible for evicting somebody WHO TRIED to pass the task. I think that's bad.

She should have targetted Noirin, since Freddie was close to her. That was a fair deal, and in the spirit of working as a team. She let them all down.

She also has a sharp tongue and was rude to imply that she was intimidating Ken. That is asking for an argument in my books.

To note, I dislike Ken more. But you can see through Bea. I think when it's a team task everyone should give 110%. She had no excuses.
The logic you present is flawed. There is no requirement to follow the task if you think it will be damaging to your own interests. She KNEW she would not be voted out if the newbies were up. If Freddie and Noirin were up she would be disadvantaged, so WHY would she do that to herself?

Oh and a final point, you fatally flaw your argument when you say she should give 110%. That is patently impossible.
The_Long_Run is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 10:47 PM #7

Quote:
Originally posted by tramp-stamp
all this blaming Bea for the failure of the task, but what exactly did the others do? besides insisting that Bea stab freddie in the back, to save them (which incidently wouldnt have worked but nobody seemed to realise, that it was the other housemates that had to be influenced)
I don't think anyone is blaming her for failing the task, I think people just think she was out of order for telling the other house mates she didn't want to get involved but the others did. Nasty piece of work!
Old 21-07-2009, 10:47 PM #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
Agree with your post.
Also why go into the BB house knowing full well there will be tasks, if you are scared to take part!
Dont think she was 'scared'.... she didn't want to play.Just like Rodrigo and Lisa didn't want to 'play' tonight.If I went into the house and befriended someone I would have done the same thing.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 10:48 PM #9

bea is great!! leave her alone!
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 10:52 PM #10

Quote:
Originally posted by amy-jayne
She didn't want to target Noirin either because shes not the type of person that could act friendly to people whilst trying to get them up for eviction behind their back, other people might be okay with backstabbing to save their own necks, but Bea clearly isn't.
And yet she DID backstab all the other new housemates.
Old 21-07-2009, 10:53 PM #11

Quote:
Quote:
How did she? She didnt want to do the task, she said from the start.
Old 21-07-2009, 10:54 PM #12

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’
BB13: Deana

Favourites (more):

her childish fans on this forum are just making it worst for her.
rayheartbliss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 10:55 PM #13

she was upfront to the new housemates!!

and bea is right in what she said "what you see is what you get"

she says what she feels and is not a backstabber
Old 21-07-2009, 10:55 PM #14
Banned

Banned

Quote:
The logic you present is flawed. There is no requirement to follow the task if you think it will be damaging to your own interests.
My post had nothing to do with that. I fully realise that she would be safe if she was up for eviction, and that she didn't want to put herself in the sh*t with Freddie esp, and even Noirin.

But it was still smug of her to be like that, she mocked others for trying by saying they were scared. IMO it's wrong to not contribute to the task.

Quote:
She KNEW she would not be voted out if the newbies were up. If Freddie and Noirin were up she would be disadvantaged, so WHY would she do that to herself?
Yes and again that's not related to the point I made. The point is, she was not pulling her weight and also causing 4 others to go up rather than the two originals. It's also smug to think like that and not contribute. It's an ethos of mine.

I know what you're saying, but there's the flipside - 4 newbies going up, letting the team down, a newbie who TRIED getting evicted, etc.

Quote:
Oh and a final point, you fatally flaw your argument when you say she should give 110%. That is patently impossible.
The flaw is that you interpreted that statement of mine in the wrong context. The context was that it was just a proverbial phrase.

But I do appreciate that you answered logically. I much prefer these kind of posts to emotional ones that lead to nowhere.
Old 21-07-2009, 10:55 PM #15

Quote:
Originally posted by rayheartbliss
How are people talking about her on a forum, making it any worse? Shes not going to go on Friday anyway, people hate Kenny too much
Old 21-07-2009, 10:56 PM #16

I liked her until tonight. Yes, ken was totally out of order, but she was clearly trying to wind him up (knowing he would be the eviction targert once the task was failed - she had said as much to Hira earlier). Far worse than that was the holier-than-thou act once the task had been revealed - her comments were totally unnecessary.
idiotsavant is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 10:56 PM #17

Quote:
It's OK, her childish anti-fans are just making it better for her, so kinda cancel each other out really.
The_Long_Run is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 10:56 PM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by AhmedFan2004
I think when it's a team task everyone should give 110%. She had no excuses.
Exactly
Old 21-07-2009, 10:57 PM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
How are people talking about her on a forum, making it any worse? Shes not going to go on Friday anyway, people hate Kenny too much
oh dont get me wrong, kenny's out for good this friday unless people vote for marcus.
Old 21-07-2009, 10:58 PM #20

Bea is clever cause she came across like a friend which a lot of people won't forget and could see her become very popular
arsenalforever is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 10:59 PM #21
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by tramp-stamp
They gave her the alternative to get Noirin up, once she told them that she wouldn't do that to Freddie. I thought this was a fair comprimise.

I also see no reason why she asked Ken whether she intimidated him. Quite rude, that's bound to cause conflict. I try to be unbiased.

You also made an error - Backstabbing Freddie was to get him up on a technicality ... "Ohh don't worry Bea, I'd never nominate you." That kinda thing.
Old 21-07-2009, 10:59 PM #22

at the end of the day bea wanted to "let it be" and she genuinely hit it off with halfwit!! i could see on friday night they totally hit it off and have lots in common!!
Old 21-07-2009, 11:00 PM #23

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
By telling all the other housemates that she was a goody two shoes who didn't want to do the task while the others all wanted to do it. None of them were really happy about it, but good on them for wanting to give it a go.
Old 21-07-2009, 11:02 PM #24

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
By telling all the other housemates that she was a goody two shoes who didn't want to do the task while the others all wanted to do it. None of them were really happy about it, but good on them for wanting to give it a go.
Yeah they wanted to do it, to save their own skin (which yes, was what the task was all about), Bea didn't want to do it, and told them she didn't take part, so Halfwit didn't think she had been scheming behind his back. Ah well
Old 21-07-2009, 11:02 PM #25

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
She backstabbed them and then drove the knife straight in their heart after nominations were announced .

Stabbed them in the back because she knew by the gameplaying she was doing that she was safe,she knew halfwit was safe even if he went up..so she saved Noirin at the cost of putting 4 hms on the line.

After nominations she threw the others under the bus with her some of us tried less than others speech.

1 into the back then one to the heart..nice girl eh?
BBLB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bad, bea, bea's, i've, idiot, ken, pretty