|Daily Update: Day 17
Shown: Tonight, Sunday 14th August 9pm on Channel 5
On tonight’s show: In a nomination TWIST, Big Brother screens the Diary Room nominations to the House, Renee and Bear call a truce, and Heavy D plays mischief-maker
Key highlights and quotes from tonight’s show:
· Housemates wake up to loud, dinosaur-esque (sic) noises from Bear and Heavy D. Renee asks Heavy D if he wakes up like that at home and he says he does. “Does anybody live with you?” she adds, “No,” Heavy D laughs.
· Having won this week’s Shopping Task, Bear and Renee are preparing to spend their luxury shopping budget. Bear decides that he would like to spend his share of the budget on items for himself. Bear’s choices include seven French Manicure kits and a packet of condoms.
· Bear tells Lewis that he feels that some Housemates are getting “close” so has ordered “Extra Safe” condoms. Bear adds: “….also everyone likes to be pampered so I’m gonna pamper everyone in house, it’s communeral (sic).”
· In the Bedroom, Renee tells some of the Housemates what Bear has ordered. Bear then enters the Bedroom and hears the tail end of the conversation. Aubrey reminds him that he is now unable to eat any of the “group food” as he has spent his portion of the budget. Lewis tells Bear that he will share his food with him. “Thanks Lewis, at least I won’t starve,” Bear quips.
· Heavy D claims that he has never seen Renee wash up. Renee takes offence; Bear agrees with Heavy D and the three begin to argue. She tells Heavy D, “You can feed yourself now, you wanna start calling s**t let’s play?” Renee tells Bear, “Unless I send for you don’t ******ing come for me, I’m not that b***h that you wanna push around.” Bear adopts movie gangster voice and mocks, “Just forget about it.” Big Brother calls Bear to the Diary Room and reminds him not to goad any of his housemates.
· In the Bedroom, Renee tells Aubrey, “I’m losing my ******ing mind,” and says that she cries in the house because, “I can’t say and do what I want, that s**t would have been ******ing nipped in the bud…I’m being provoked by a ******ing clown and his jester.”
· Lewis and Marnie are having a bath together. Marnie ponders about future nominations. Lewis claims Sam with be “fuming” once she is nominated adding, “…you think Bear or Heavy D are ruthless, that woman, is a war machine.”
· Bear and Renee are in the Kitchen. She asks if he would like to call a “truce.” Bear says that Renee he has not done anything “personal” to him but Renee disagrees. She says that she has been “mean” which is out of character for her and gets upset. They agree to move forward and shake on it.
· During the day, Housemates were called to the Diary Room for this week’s nominations. Big Brother has gathered Housemates on the sofa and screens the nominations of all to see.
· Post nominations, Heavy D and Bear are in mischievous mood and throw various food stuffs about the House including olive oil, pasta and cereal. Renee warns Housemate to “pay no attention…ignore the fool in the room.”
· Big Brother calls Heavy D and Bear to the Diary Room separately. They are told that their actions are not appropriate and that they should clean up the mess they have created.