ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB10 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=599)
-   -   Jasmine: on her weight (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212475)

alex_front2 16-09-2012 05:52 AM

on her weight

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/vie...kinny-torment/

Personally see nothing wrong with her size. She's a model. More concerned with Cheryl.

Lee. 16-09-2012 12:40 PM

She's a scrawny mess. :idc:

Marcus. 16-09-2012 12:41 PM

No she to skinny

MeMyselfAndI 16-09-2012 12:42 PM

Shes fine her size tbh

alex_front2 16-09-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee. (Post 5485060)
She's a scrawny mess. :idc:

shes a model (or supposed to be) and they're supoosed to be slim - unless its for Evans.

Karl Largerfeld (fashion maestro) on why fashion uses slim models : " It’s absurd. No one wants to see curvy women. You’ve got fat mothers with their bags of chips sitting in front of
the television and saying thin models are
ugly. "

Mystic Mock 16-09-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 5484881)
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/vie...kinny-torment/

Personally see nothing wrong with her size. She's a model. More concerned with Cheryl.

Jasmine looks unhealthy, someone needs to help her out.

Mystic Mock 16-09-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 5485782)
shes a model (or supposed to be) and they're supoosed to be slim - unless its for Evans.

Karl Largerfeld (fashion maestro) on why fashion uses slim models : " It’s absurd. No one wants to see curvy women. You’ve got fat mothers with their bags of chips sitting in front of
ugly. "

People may not want to see fat women as models, but nobody wants to see skeletons modelling either so I don't know why they don't go for someone that's normal size, people do want to see that.

Marcus. 16-09-2012 06:32 PM

yeah becky doing an wedding dress for curvey girls

Lee. 16-09-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 5485782)

ugly. "

She isn't slim, she's unnaturally thin and emaciated looking. There is a difference.

Kizzy 16-09-2012 07:10 PM

Ugly, talentless mess.

alex_front2 16-09-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mockinator (Post 5485823)
People may not want to see fat women as models, but nobody wants to see skeletons modelling either so I don't know why they don't go for someone that's normal size, people do want to see that.

Not really.

Jasmines figure is fit for purpose. If anything too short but so is Kate Moss Devon Aoki and Doutzen Kroes.

High fashion folk want to see skinny models - haute couture looks better on them (plus they make sample size ie US size 0 for shows). There is no real desire in fashion to use bigger models (even Mark Fast has dropped this gimmick).

Karl Largerfeld accused a top model of having back fat - did not have really - noone complained.

People patronise and pretend they want to see 'real women'® as its the PC thing to say but in reality noone *really* does.

Thats why number 1 plus size model Crystal Renn lost loads of weight to look like a size 0 model

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...mer-frame.html

Plus why German womens mag Brigitte has gone back to using fashion models after vowing to use 'real women'®

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19504587

Both stories from 2012.

Munchkins 16-09-2012 07:51 PM

Theres healthy, pretty thin
and ugly, unhealthy thin
Jasmine is the latter

armand.kay 16-09-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbrother12 (Post 5485830)
yeah becky doing an wedding dress for curvey girls

Becky is not curvy she's just a fat blob :nono:

coolface 16-09-2012 11:48 PM

Look I am the first person to condemn this "I'm not fat I'm curvy" **** that a lot of women come out with trying to justify their gluttony and acting like they're attractive, fat people disgust me, but jasmine is not healthy, period. She is severely underweight, well below her ideal bmi just look at her damn legs, she is annorexic.

Lee. 16-09-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 5486061)
Not really.

Jasmines figure is fit for purpose. If anything too short but so is Kate Moss Devon Aoki and Doutzen Kroes.

High fashion folk want to see skinny models - haute couture looks better on them (plus they make sample size ie US size 0 for shows). There is no real desire in fashion to use bigger models (even Mark Fast has dropped this gimmick).

Karl Largerfeld accused a top model of having back fat - did not have really - noone complained.

People patronise and pretend they want to see 'real women'® as its the PC thing to say but in reality noone *really* does.

Thats why number 1 plus size model Crystal Renn lost loads of weight to look like a size 0 model

Plus why German womens mag Brigitte has gone back to using fashion models after vowing to use 'real women'®

Both stories from 2012.

I have met quite a few model, and yeah they're thin - skinny even, but they all look healthy and they all look naturally skinny.

Jasmine has that "head too big for her body" look and her knees, knuckles and shoulder bones tell us that she is underweight for her frame.

Mystic Mock 16-09-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 5486061)
Not really.

Both stories from 2012.

Trust me noone wants to see skeletons as models, there is also a difference between being thin and looking like a skeleton, which Jasmine looks like the latter.

armand.kay 17-09-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolface (Post 5487304)
Look I am the first person to condemn this "I'm not fat I'm curvy" **** that a lot of women come out with trying to justify their gluttony and acting like they're attractive, fat people disgust me, but jasmine is not healthy, period. She is severely underweight, well below her ideal bmi just look at her damn legs, she is annorexic.

Anorexia is a eating disorder. Just because she is underweight does not mean she has it.

Mystic Mock 17-09-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armand.kay (Post 5487379)
Anorexia is a eating disorder. Just because she is underweight does not mean she has it.

She is anorexic, on launch night aswell she looked very ill.

armand.kay 17-09-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mockinator (Post 5487385)
She is anorexic, on launch night aswell she looked very ill.

Anorexia is a mental illness and being skinny is just a side effect.
I'm not denying that she is to thin but anorexia is not necessarily the reason my. It could be the medication like she said, she could just not be eating heatley without knowing or she could just be on crack. I don't know but you cant just assume its anorexia.

PrincessIona 17-09-2012 02:20 AM

In 'real life' I do think girls with curves are sexier, but fashion looks so much better on thin models and I do actually think Jasmine looks good (partly because I really like her style) even though she is far to thin.

When I was younger I thought super thin was best - and I was super thin. That all changed when I started working in an industry where it's very important to appear attractive to men, I'm now an 8-10 which may not sound that big but I am on the larger side of slim. Now I don't want to lose weight - all I care about is being toned.

I think fashion will always want skinny models but I think the attitude in the media towards size has changed a lot over recent years. I know there is still a lot of very slim celebrities but there is also a lot of healthy sized bodies out there now who are much sexier and make better 'image' role models

alex_front2 17-09-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mockinator (Post 5487332)
Trust me noone wants to see skeletons as models, there is also a difference between being thin and looking like a skeleton, which Jasmine looks like the latter.

Only insecure/fat lobbyist and straight men want to see none skinny girls.

The kind of figure on a woman which straight men like has no place in fashion /Vogue. Kim Kardashian gets called 'Moby' by fashion pack.

Fashion creatives are thin loving women and gay guys who want boyish figures. Anything above size zero is considered huge.

Jasmines main issue is height.

sarakss 17-09-2012 05:50 AM

Although it's no one's business to state how much someone should weigh, I find Jasmine's weight far too low. Some people are naturally very thin, but have a nice layer of fat - Jasmine has almost no fat and it's a bit shocking sometimes.

In clothes, she looks fine but when you see her in something skimpy, you realize how thin she really is.

The most shocking part of the series was when she had on a red bathing suit. To me, she looked scarily thin - like concentration camp thin.

alex_front2 17-09-2012 05:54 AM

Its funny how noone is "concerned" about the only CBB HM who has a weight issue ie Cheryl. I love how skinny women 'concern'*the 'real women'® out there. Jasmine looks great. Fab legs.

* rankle and irritate

thesheriff443 17-09-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 5487572)
Its funny how noone is "concerned" about the only CBB HM who has a weight issue ie Cheryl. I love how skinny women 'concern'*the 'real women'® out there. Jasmine looks great. Fab legs.

* rankle and irritate

for her height she is clearly under weight.
im not a fan of that look.

alex_front2 17-09-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 5487586)
for her height she is clearly under weight.
im not a fan of that look.

But what non-fashionistas think is not relevant. It's what the fashion world thinks. Jasmine physique fits in and is not out of place. It's only in non-fashion world that she may serm too slim.