Notices

Celebrity Big Brother 10, August 2012 Celebrity Big Brother 10 on Channel 5, shown August 2012 was won by Julian Clary. Discuss here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-09-2012, 05:52 AM   #1
alex_front2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,561
Default on her weight

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/vie...kinny-torment/

Personally see nothing wrong with her size. She's a model. More concerned with Cheryl.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
Lee.
Lee.
 
Lee.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 14,719

Favourites:
UBB: Brian


Default

She's a scrawny mess.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/8thdnzq.jpg
Lee. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
Marcus.
charlton lee bowyer
 
Marcus.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: newcastle
Posts: 23,689
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch
IAC2017: Jamie Lomas


Default

No she to skinny
Marcus. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
MeMyselfAndI
User banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 22,452

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody
The Voice: Christina Marie
BBCanada 2: Heather


Default

Shes fine her size tbh
MeMyselfAndI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
alex_front2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee. View Post
She's a scrawny mess.
shes a model (or supposed to be) and they're supoosed to be slim - unless its for Evans.

Karl Largerfeld (fashion maestro) on why fashion uses slim models : " It’s absurd. No one wants to see curvy women. You’ve got fat mothers with their bags of chips sitting in front of
the television and saying thin models are
ugly. "
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #6
Mystic Mock
Blues 28th best team.
 
Mystic Mock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: with joeysteele.
Posts: 43,085
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Nick
BBCanada 7: Maki
BB19: Hussain
DOI 2019: Saara Aalto


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/vie...kinny-torment/

Personally see nothing wrong with her size. She's a model. More concerned with Cheryl.
Jasmine looks unhealthy, someone needs to help her out.
__________________
The Quadtastic Shows - Sonic Boom, Dark, Mindhunter, Revisions
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
Mystic Mock
Blues 28th best team.
 
Mystic Mock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: with joeysteele.
Posts: 43,085
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Nick
BBCanada 7: Maki
BB19: Hussain
DOI 2019: Saara Aalto


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
shes a model (or supposed to be) and they're supoosed to be slim - unless its for Evans.

Karl Largerfeld (fashion maestro) on why fashion uses slim models : " It’s absurd. No one wants to see curvy women. You’ve got fat mothers with their bags of chips sitting in front of
the television and saying thin models are
ugly. "
People may not want to see fat women as models, but nobody wants to see skeletons modelling either so I don't know why they don't go for someone that's normal size, people do want to see that.
__________________
The Quadtastic Shows - Sonic Boom, Dark, Mindhunter, Revisions
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #8
Marcus.
charlton lee bowyer
 
Marcus.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: newcastle
Posts: 23,689
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch
IAC2017: Jamie Lomas


Default

yeah becky doing an wedding dress for curvey girls
Marcus. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #9
Lee.
Lee.
 
Lee.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 14,719

Favourites:
UBB: Brian


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
shes a model (or supposed to be) and they're supoosed to be slim - unless its for Evans.

Karl Largerfeld (fashion maestro) on why fashion uses slim models : " It’s absurd. No one wants to see curvy women. You’ve got fat mothers with their bags of chips sitting in front of
the television and saying thin models are
ugly. "
She isn't slim, she's unnaturally thin and emaciated looking. There is a difference.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/8thdnzq.jpg
Lee. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #10
Kizzy
Kizzy
 
Kizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 36,415

Favourites:
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Scott
BB12: Rebeckah


Default

Ugly, talentless mess.
__________________
Om mani padme hum

Poverty strikes dead the very souls of all who come within sight, sound or smell of it.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #11
alex_front2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mockinator View Post
People may not want to see fat women as models, but nobody wants to see skeletons modelling either so I don't know why they don't go for someone that's normal size, people do want to see that.
Not really.

Jasmines figure is fit for purpose. If anything too short but so is Kate Moss Devon Aoki and Doutzen Kroes.

High fashion folk want to see skinny models - haute couture looks better on them (plus they make sample size ie US size 0 for shows). There is no real desire in fashion to use bigger models (even Mark Fast has dropped this gimmick).

Karl Largerfeld accused a top model of having back fat - did not have really - noone complained.

People patronise and pretend they want to see 'real women'® as its the PC thing to say but in reality noone *really* does.

Thats why number 1 plus size model Crystal Renn lost loads of weight to look like a size 0 model

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...mer-frame.html

Plus why German womens mag Brigitte has gone back to using fashion models after vowing to use 'real women'®

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19504587

Both stories from 2012.

Last edited by alex_front2; 16-09-2012 at 07:56 PM.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #12
Munchkins
xo
 
Munchkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,832

Favourites (more):
Survivor 34: Andrea
BB OTT: Morgan
BBUSA18: Natalie
Survivor Kaoh Rong: Michele


Default

Theres healthy, pretty thin
and ugly, unhealthy thin
Jasmine is the latter
__________________
Munchkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #13
armand.kay
armand.kay
 
armand.kay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The Underworld
Posts: 23,554
Blog Entries: 2

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Natalie Nunn
Love Island 4: Hayley
BB18: Chanelle
Love Island 3: Camilla


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrother12 View Post
yeah becky doing an wedding dress for curvey girls
Becky is not curvy she's just a fat blob
armand.kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #14
coolface
Senior Member
 
coolface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 806

Favourites:
CBB 13: Jim Davidson
Default

Look I am the first person to condemn this "I'm not fat I'm curvy" **** that a lot of women come out with trying to justify their gluttony and acting like they're attractive, fat people disgust me, but jasmine is not healthy, period. She is severely underweight, well below her ideal bmi just look at her damn legs, she is annorexic.

Last edited by coolface; 16-09-2012 at 11:51 PM.
coolface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #15
Lee.
Lee.
 
Lee.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 14,719

Favourites:
UBB: Brian


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
Not really.

Jasmines figure is fit for purpose. If anything too short but so is Kate Moss Devon Aoki and Doutzen Kroes.

High fashion folk want to see skinny models - haute couture looks better on them (plus they make sample size ie US size 0 for shows). There is no real desire in fashion to use bigger models (even Mark Fast has dropped this gimmick).

Karl Largerfeld accused a top model of having back fat - did not have really - noone complained.

People patronise and pretend they want to see 'real women'® as its the PC thing to say but in reality noone *really* does.

Thats why number 1 plus size model Crystal Renn lost loads of weight to look like a size 0 model

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...mer-frame.html

Plus why German womens mag Brigitte has gone back to using fashion models after vowing to use 'real women'®

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19504587

Both stories from 2012.
I have met quite a few model, and yeah they're thin - skinny even, but they all look healthy and they all look naturally skinny.

Jasmine has that "head too big for her body" look and her knees, knuckles and shoulder bones tell us that she is underweight for her frame.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/8thdnzq.jpg
Lee. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 11:58 PM   #16
Mystic Mock
Blues 28th best team.
 
Mystic Mock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: with joeysteele.
Posts: 43,085
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Nick
BBCanada 7: Maki
BB19: Hussain
DOI 2019: Saara Aalto


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
Not really.

Jasmines figure is fit for purpose. If anything too short but so is Kate Moss Devon Aoki and Doutzen Kroes.

High fashion folk want to see skinny models - haute couture looks better on them (plus they make sample size ie US size 0 for shows). There is no real desire in fashion to use bigger models (even Mark Fast has dropped this gimmick).

Karl Largerfeld accused a top model of having back fat - did not have really - noone complained.

People patronise and pretend they want to see 'real women'® as its the PC thing to say but in reality noone *really* does.

Thats why number 1 plus size model Crystal Renn lost loads of weight to look like a size 0 model

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...mer-frame.html

Plus why German womens mag Brigitte has gone back to using fashion models after vowing to use 'real women'®

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19504587

Both stories from 2012.
Trust me noone wants to see skeletons as models, there is also a difference between being thin and looking like a skeleton, which Jasmine looks like the latter.
__________________
The Quadtastic Shows - Sonic Boom, Dark, Mindhunter, Revisions
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #17
armand.kay
armand.kay
 
armand.kay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The Underworld
Posts: 23,554
Blog Entries: 2

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Natalie Nunn
Love Island 4: Hayley
BB18: Chanelle
Love Island 3: Camilla


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolface View Post
Look I am the first person to condemn this "I'm not fat I'm curvy" **** that a lot of women come out with trying to justify their gluttony and acting like they're attractive, fat people disgust me, but jasmine is not healthy, period. She is severely underweight, well below her ideal bmi just look at her damn legs, she is annorexic.
Anorexia is a eating disorder. Just because she is underweight does not mean she has it.
armand.kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 12:37 AM   #18
Mystic Mock
Blues 28th best team.
 
Mystic Mock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: with joeysteele.
Posts: 43,085
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Nick
BBCanada 7: Maki
BB19: Hussain
DOI 2019: Saara Aalto


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armand.kay View Post
Anorexia is a eating disorder. Just because she is underweight does not mean she has it.
She is anorexic, on launch night aswell she looked very ill.
__________________
The Quadtastic Shows - Sonic Boom, Dark, Mindhunter, Revisions
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 12:54 AM   #19
armand.kay
armand.kay
 
armand.kay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The Underworld
Posts: 23,554
Blog Entries: 2

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Natalie Nunn
Love Island 4: Hayley
BB18: Chanelle
Love Island 3: Camilla


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mockinator View Post
She is anorexic, on launch night aswell she looked very ill.
Anorexia is a mental illness and being skinny is just a side effect.
I'm not denying that she is to thin but anorexia is not necessarily the reason my. It could be the medication like she said, she could just not be eating heatley without knowing or she could just be on crack. I don't know but you cant just assume its anorexia.
armand.kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 02:20 AM   #20
PrincessIona
Senior Member
 
PrincessIona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,615

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Alicia Douvall
BB15: Pavandeep
CBB 13: Liz Jones
BB14: Dan
Default

In 'real life' I do think girls with curves are sexier, but fashion looks so much better on thin models and I do actually think Jasmine looks good (partly because I really like her style) even though she is far to thin.

When I was younger I thought super thin was best - and I was super thin. That all changed when I started working in an industry where it's very important to appear attractive to men, I'm now an 8-10 which may not sound that big but I am on the larger side of slim. Now I don't want to lose weight - all I care about is being toned.

I think fashion will always want skinny models but I think the attitude in the media towards size has changed a lot over recent years. I know there is still a lot of very slim celebrities but there is also a lot of healthy sized bodies out there now who are much sexier and make better 'image' role models
PrincessIona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 05:31 AM   #21
alex_front2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mockinator View Post
Trust me noone wants to see skeletons as models, there is also a difference between being thin and looking like a skeleton, which Jasmine looks like the latter.
Only insecure/fat lobbyist and straight men want to see none skinny girls.

The kind of figure on a woman which straight men like has no place in fashion /Vogue. Kim Kardashian gets called 'Moby' by fashion pack.

Fashion creatives are thin loving women and gay guys who want boyish figures. Anything above size zero is considered huge.

Jasmines main issue is height.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 05:50 AM   #22
sarakss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 561

Favourites:
BB12: Harry
Default

Although it's no one's business to state how much someone should weigh, I find Jasmine's weight far too low. Some people are naturally very thin, but have a nice layer of fat - Jasmine has almost no fat and it's a bit shocking sometimes.

In clothes, she looks fine but when you see her in something skimpy, you realize how thin she really is.

The most shocking part of the series was when she had on a red bathing suit. To me, she looked scarily thin - like concentration camp thin.
sarakss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 05:54 AM   #23
alex_front2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,561
Default

Its funny how noone is "concerned" about the only CBB HM who has a weight issue ie Cheryl. I love how skinny women 'concern'*the 'real women'® out there. Jasmine looks great. Fab legs.




* rankle and irritate
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #24
thesheriff443
thesheriff443
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,447


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
Its funny how noone is "concerned" about the only CBB HM who has a weight issue ie Cheryl. I love how skinny women 'concern'*the 'real women'® out there. Jasmine looks great. Fab legs.




* rankle and irritate
for her height she is clearly under weight.
im not a fan of that look.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #25
alex_front2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
for her height she is clearly under weight.
im not a fan of that look.
But what non-fashionistas think is not relevant. It's what the fashion world thinks. Jasmine physique fits in and is not out of place. It's only in non-fashion world that she may serm too slim.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
jasmine, weight

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:30 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts