ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB14 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=650)
-   -   gary is completely fake (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263348)

ebandit 29-08-2014 10:12 AM

gary is completely fake

not surprisingly gary is a product of hollywood messy hair carefully held in place with spray

he has been taught 'spirituality' but lacks compassion/awareness to best utilise what he has learned

an academy nominated actor who was shown without direction to be a poor actor ( balloons task ? )

does gary wear a hearing aid? if not...............why not?

a 'tough guy' actor unwilling to spend the night outside during a british summer.............under shelter with a nice warm blanket

Mark L

rusticgal 29-08-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebandit (Post 7222722)
not surprisingly gary is a product of hollywood messy hair carefully held in place with spray

he has been taught 'spirituality' but lacks compassion/awareness to best utilise what he has learned

an academy nominated actor who was shown without direction to be a poor actor ( balloons task ? )

a 'tough guy' actor unwilling to spend the night outside during a british summer.............under shelter with a nice warm blanket

Mark L

Gary has had brain surgery hasn't he?....in which case having a long dishevelled style probably makes it easier for him and hides any scarring.
As far as the hearing aid is concerned..it would help him but maybe pride gets in the way as I can imagine he is rather stubborn...perhaps he feels that he will succumb to one when he feels it is a REAL issue....in his opinion.

...at 70 years of age I wouldn't expect anyone to act 'tough' and risk getting a chill...blanket or no blanket...

JoshBB 29-08-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 7222743)
Gary has had brain surgery hasn't he?....in which case having a long dishevelled style probably makes it easier for him and hides any scarring.
As far as the hearing aid is concerned..it would help him but maybe pride gets in the way as I can imagine he is rather stubborn...perhaps he feels that he will succumb to one when he feels it is a REAL issue....in his opinion.

He had a motorbike accident in December 1988, which caused Brain Damage (more specifically TBI). You can get strokes after being treated for brain damage if in cold weather, which is why he could not stay outside. He was not refusing, he was literally saying that he couldn't.

Google works a charm ;)

jaxie 29-08-2014 10:38 AM

He does wear 2 hearing aids they've been mentioned in conversation but he finds it difficult when more than one person is speaking and because off the accents and when people speak fast. A hearing aid is what it says on the tin its an aid not a cure.

ebandit 29-08-2014 10:41 AM

ta

thanks!

Mark L

arista 29-08-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebandit (Post 7222762)
thanks!

Mark L

Can you Edit your title
or ask a Mod to?

chuff me dizzy 29-08-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebandit (Post 7222722)

Mark L

I dont know ,but have read on here Gary best films have been AFTER his accident, so why is he now playing the "ill helpless man" ?

CaudleHalbard 29-08-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 7222779)
I dont know ,but have read on here Gary best films have been AFTER his accident, so why is he now playing the "ill helpless man" ?

It does make you think, as they say........

Josy 29-08-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Gary had a golf ball sized cancerous tumor removed from his sinus cavity which meant more brain surgery too this was long after his accident.

To say he is playing an 'Ill helpless man' is just awful.

Most of his problems in the house are due to age like his hearing, balance problems and so on, it comes to everyone fgs.

I swear posts like above just show the complete lack of tolerance many have for people with disabilities, brain injuries and illnesses.

Gary displays obvious signs of having a brain injury, forgetfulness about certain things for example (my family member has a brain injury which led to dementia and needs prompts to do things a lot).

Having a brain injury or being 70 doesn't mean he shouldn't be in BB either, he has every right as the rest of them and since this is celeb BB he has more right than some of the other non celebs in there atm.

jaxie 29-08-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

He got older, the scarring and weaknesses from the injuries stayed. We're all going to get older. I hope someone has a kinder attitude to you than you have towards Gary.

waterhog 29-08-2014 11:01 AM

he went into bb noing all this - judge him or what we see ? is he him or is he acting ? you decide.

Suze 29-08-2014 11:02 AM

I couldn't give a flying **** if Gary or any of them are fake and playing the game which is what BB is, a game to find a winner, at least Gary is entertaining in there, and doesn't have the nasty streak many of the rest of the housemates have. He considers them friends in there, which is more than most of that backstabbing lot think of him. So Gary to make the final please :dance: as he won't win as Americans never seem to in the UK BB.

Suze 29-08-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhog (Post 7222791)
he went into bb noing all this - judge him or what we see ? is he him or is he acting ? you decide.

Well apparently in the balloon task according to the rest of the housemates, Gary couldn't act and lost the task for them, so how can he be acting in the BB house then? Can't have it both ways can some :joker:

Josy 29-08-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suze (Post 7222797)
I couldn't give a flying **** if Gary or any of them are fake and playing the game which is what BB is, a game to find a winner, at least Gary is entertaining in there, and doesn't have the nasty streak many of the rest of the housemates have. He considers them friends in there, which is more than most of that backstabbing lot think of him. So Gary to make the final please :dance: as he won't win as Americans never seem to in the UK BB.

Exactly Suze :clap1:

Gary is the most entertaining, interesting housemate in that house atm and if it wasn't for him, Frenchy and possibly Audley and Edele then I don't think I would be watching.

Jules2 29-08-2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Watched one last night, it was brilliant. Tbh I do not see him as playing the ill man, the reason for not wanting to sleep outside is very reasonable. He then took part and enjoyed the privacy. Even with hearing aids it is difficult as some have noises, on a one to one basis it is good and understandable but when there are more voices, even we at times cannot understand what some of them are saying as they talk over each other so much. I did read somewhere that one of his films was after his accident but the one I saw last night had him as a young and agile person. The Buddy Holly Story was brilliant but once again he was young and agile.

Age isnt a playing field, it brings its disadvantages, one day one could be fine but another ones actions have to be studied for the benefit of the day.

CaudleHalbard 29-08-2014 11:07 AM

People are far too black and white about this. It could be partially an act and/or not very good acting.... but just good enough to fool the viewers.

LukeB 29-08-2014 11:08 AM

i dont think gary is fake!

he is 70 years old! of course he will have problems by then its natural,

yes it can be annoying when someone repeats yourself over and over but gary is nearly deaf and its unfair on others moaning(meaning the housemates) about it, he did not ask for it did he?

Josy 29-08-2014 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard (Post 7222807)
People are far too black and white about this. It could be partially an act and/or not very good acting.... but just good enough to fool the viewers.

Or it could be that most of his fans don't really give two hoots and watch him because they like him.

Jules2 29-08-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard (Post 7222807)

The hardened BB viewers look for all things within a HM and at the end of the day it is the best player which should win. I honestly cannot see anything of worth with the Brits in there and, with the exception of Frenchy, the other Americans.

CaudleHalbard 29-08-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7222812)
Or it could be that most of his fans don't really give two hoots and watch him because they like him.

If Gary was a housemate in civilian BB, with no "fame" everyone would be baying for him to be booted! ;)

waterhog 29-08-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suze (Post 7222799)
Well apparently in the balloon task according to the rest of the housemates, Gary couldn't act and lost the task for them, so how can he be acting in the BB house then? Can't have it both ways can some :joker:

this could be down to any number of reasons -

Josy 29-08-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard (Post 7222820)
If Gary was a housemate in civilian BB, with no "fame" everyone would be baying for him to be booted! ;)

I doubt it.

He has interesting things to say, he is interesting to watch, he hasn't said a bad word about anyone in there and yet look how they have treated him.

Suze 29-08-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard (Post 7222820)

You don't know that at all, that is an assumption. However, it is also a moot point as he is not in ordinary BB, he is in Celeb BB, and the biggest Celeb and imho the most entertaining Celeb in that house also :)

CaudleHalbard 29-08-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suze (Post 7222826)
You don't know that at all, that is an assumption. However, it is also a moot point as he is not in ordinary BB, he is in Celeb BB, and the biggest Celeb and imho the most entertaining Celeb in that house also :D

I don't find him entertaining even on the carefully edited highlights.

We are never shown the bits where he barges into people's conversations, tells housemates to shut up etc etc. Clearly this happens from comments by other housemates.

You can be sure if this civilian BB, and the producers were not trying to protect their "big star", we would see a fuller picture.

jaxie 29-08-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard (Post 7222833)
I don't find him entertaining even on the carefully edited highlights.

We are never shown the bits where he barges into people's conversations, tells housemates to shut up etc etc. Clearly this happens from comments by other housemates.

You can be sure if this civilian BB, and the producers were not trying to protect their "big star", we would see a fuller picture.

Or maybe they are misrepresenting him because they have no tolerance and he isn't doing that as much as they say. He certainly wasn't being that way on the live feed.