ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Donald Trump:’My button is bigger than your button’ (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332737)

Northern Monkey 03-01-2018 09:06 AM

Donald Trump:’My button is bigger than your button’

Donald Trump warns North Korean leader Kim Jong Un: My button is much bigger than yours.
Donald Trump has warned Kim Jong Un that he has a nuclear button which is "much bigger" than that of the North Korean leader.

In a tweet on Wednesday, the US President responded to a speech made by the North Korea leader in which he said "a nuclear button is always on my desk".

It comes as a key communication line between North and South Korea is reopened.

Mr Trump wrote: "North Korean leader Kim Jong Un just stated that the 'nuclear button is on his desk at all times'

"Will someone from his depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!"

The President's tweet - his 17th of the year - came after the US ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, warned Pyongyang against staging any further missile tests.

Oliver_W 03-01-2018 09:07 AM

Can't he give it a rest?

Niamh. 03-01-2018 09:21 AM

Indeed that's why his buttons are so easy to press

jaxie 03-01-2018 10:02 AM

It's all a game of words and might be funny if the stakes weren't so high.

bitontheslide 03-01-2018 10:08 AM

who can pee highest against the wall, surely that must be the next question :unsure:

Livia 03-01-2018 10:15 AM

It's like a nightmare, really. Trump. In control. In possession of the nuclear codes for the biggest military power in the world. I don't know which is the most dangerous, Trump or that fat b*stard in North Korea.

Toy Soldier 03-01-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 9764532)
It's like a nightmare, really. Trump. In control. In possession of the nuclear codes for the biggest military power in the world. I don't know which is the most dangerous, Trump or that fat b*stard in North Korea.

Kim Jong as an individual because he's happy to see his people starve (which, when it comes down to it, I don't think Trump would be; if only because he'd feel like it was a personal failure) and also because I think he may well have actually launched by now if he had a military like the US at his disposal.

BUT... In practice it's clearly Trump, because NK just isn't a realistic threat to most of the world, whereas the US could literally wipe out the planet with a few button-presses. Quite terrifying, really. That said - I don't personally buy the idea that the POTUS has full control of the US military and definitely not the nuclear button. They like to pretend that he could just go to his office and fire up some nuclear missiles. In truth, quite a few people would have to be in agreement for that to happen.

Niamh. 03-01-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 9764554)
Kim Jong as an individual because he's happy to see his people starve (which, when it comes down to it, I don't think Trump would be; if only because he'd feel like it was a personal failure) and also because I think he may well have actually launched by now if he had a military like the US at his disposal.

BUT... In practice it's clearly Trump, because NK just isn't a realistic threat to most of the world, whereas the US could literally wipe out the planet with a few button-presses. Quite terrifying, really. That said - I don't personally buy the idea that the POTUS has full control of the US military and definitely not the nuclear button. They like to pretend that he could just go to his office and fire up some nuclear missiles. In truth, quite a few people would have to be in agreement for that to happen.

It would be complete madness to have it any other way. I mean I don't believe that Obama didn't have the power to change the gun laws that he was very clearly against but Trump does have the Power to blow up the whole world, I don't buy that. it would be completely irresponsible and dictatorish to give one individual that much power

Tom4784 03-01-2018 10:44 AM

So much overcompensation.

The sooner this fool is impeached the better.

arista 03-01-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Yes its a Mess of words
T.S

Livia 03-01-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I believe that too. It does worry me though that he is surrounded by sycophants. I do hope there are a few thinking people between Trump and the button because he can't seem to stop himself instantly and unthinkingly retaliating on Twitter so probably best to keep him away from nuclear weapons.

bitontheslide 03-01-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

It's not just that. He has FBI and CIA people in attendance at all times. if he was going to do something dodgy and hot headed, they would take him out

Toy Soldier 03-01-2018 10:54 AM

From what I understand, it's all relatively "old" tech and when it comes right down to it, rank-and-file military technicians have to do the actual physical prepping and launching... and their orders would come down the military chain. And while I do think the bombs would start dropping if the other major players started firing, I would like to at least HOPE that those high-ranking people would simply say "OK lol that's enough now" if Trump decided to start launching nukes over one of his Twitter wars :umm2:.

bitontheslide 03-01-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 9764618)
From what I understand, it's all relatively "old" tech and when it comes right down to it, rank-and-file military technicians have to do the actual physical prepping and launching... and their orders would come down the military chain. And while I do think the bombs would start dropping if the other major players started firing, I would like to at least HOPE that those high-ranking people would simply say "OK lol that's enough now" if Trump decided to start launching nukes over one of his Twitter wars :umm2:.

there will be a number of nukes primed and ready to go at all times. Plenty to destroy the world in the first 5 mins. Think of subs and things where they will get an order to fire, that is initiated by the button, it still requires human intervention, its not like a direct electrical contact with a launcher.

Tom4784 03-01-2018 11:09 AM

All his threats are as empty as Kim's really. I'd imagine Trump would catch a bullet or come down with a case of death by 'natural causes' if he ever got close to initiating actual nuclear war.

Luckily enough for him, I suppose, he'll leave the oval office in cuffs and not a box.

Toy Soldier 03-01-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 9764640)
there will be a number of nukes primed and ready to go at all times. Plenty to destroy the world in the first 5 mins. Think of subs and things where they will get an order to fire, that is initiated by the button, it still requires human intervention, its not like a direct electrical contact with a launcher.

Now I'm imagining a Nuclear sub where the radio crackles to life, only for Trump's voice to scream "Kim called me The Tango Man and I googled it. SAD. FIIIIRRREEE!!!!" to a bunch of bewildered Submariners.

Toy Soldier 03-01-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9764657)
Luckily enough for him, I suppose, he'll leave the oval office in cuffs and not a box.

I dunno... my current prediction is that he'll tweet nonsense for another three years and then be voted out uneventfully, having neither achieved nor destroyed anything at all.

Niamh. 03-01-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 9764661)
Now I'm imagining a Nuclear sub where the radio crackles to life, only for Trump's voice to scream "Kim called me The Tango Man and I googled it. SAD. FIIIIRRREEE!!!!" to a bunch of bewildered Submariners.

:laugh2:

Livia 03-01-2018 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 9764661)

LMAO...

Tom4784 03-01-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 9764671)
I dunno... my current prediction is that he'll tweet nonsense for another three years and then be voted out uneventfully, having neither achieved nor destroyed anything at all.

I think the investigation into his ties with Russia and the fact that most of his own party don't even want him will contribute to his premature ejection (something I'm sure he's used to) from the Oval office.

The investigation could easily have been stalled for a few years but I reckon you've got enough people on both sides of the political fence with enough sway to speed it along that hate Trump.

Epic. 03-01-2018 11:54 AM

He's literally asking to be bombed at this point

bitontheslide 03-01-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic. (Post 9764774)
He's literally asking to be bombed at this point

its not as silly a position as you might think. If NK actually fired a nuke in the direction of the USA or Japan, the chances of it actually getting to its destination are incredibly small. However, at that point the world is behind America in sorting the problem out. Propaganda war won.

LeatherTrumpet 03-01-2018 12:42 PM

Donald schooling the porker on who got the biggest gun

:clap1:

Livia 03-01-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9764686)
I think the investigation into his ties with Russia and the fact that most of his own party don't even want him will contribute to his premature ejection (something I'm sure he's used to) from the Oval office.

The investigation could easily have been stalled for a few years but I reckon you've got enough people on both sides of the political fence with enough sway to speed it along that hate Trump.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3OKoJfIUAIaMF-.png

Toy Soldier 03-01-2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9764686)

If the Russian ties are accurate, the last thing the US political establishment wants is for the rest of the world to know that Russia successfully got someone into the Whitehouse. It'll never be more than a rumour because, even when / if it's proven, it'll be buried... the best that can be hoped for is that they might use it to clip his wings, force him to serve his term without enacting anything major in exchange for letting him retire from politics without criminal charges.

The hope that they will actually put their hands up and say "Yup... our election process and the position of the most powerful leader of the world can be and has been influenced by outside forces" is unrealistic... and tbh not even desirable. The implications and the political instability it would cause would be catastrophic.