ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB21 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=725)
-   -   ann supporting conversion therapy (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335020)

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 30-01-2018 07:15 PM

ann supporting conversion therapy

i just saw this in another thread but it got locked so i’m continuing the discussion here teehee

what are your thoughts?

in MY opinion she’s scum

Marches 30-01-2018 07:16 PM

Stop trying to use housemate conversion therapy on Ann fans

GiRTh 30-01-2018 07:17 PM

Horrendous it doesn't work and I dont understand how anyone can think it does. Plus the psychological scars.

Vicky. 30-01-2018 07:18 PM

I found it really odd how this managed to stay on the hush until a few days before the final, when there have been a few people constantly going on about her voting record. Good timing for it to surface now. Anyway

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/co...glad-to-be-gay

Is what she actually said on it all.

Marches 30-01-2018 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 9836941)
Horrendous it doesn't work and I dont understand how anyone can think it does. Plus the psychological scars.

Btw strawman nobody agrees with conversion therapy on this forum

GiRTh 30-01-2018 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marches (Post 9836945)
Btw strawman nobody agrees with conversion therapy on this forum

Whos Strawman? :conf:
If you dont agree say so no need for these extra comments

Vicky. 30-01-2018 07:22 PM

OK I will also be deleting the snipey comments that ended up getting the other thread closed in the end. Don't want to end up having to bloody close another here. Its possible to talk about this without being all sarky and baiting

Vanessa 30-01-2018 07:24 PM

I had no idea about this. Glad I don't support Ann anymore now.

Kazanne 30-01-2018 07:24 PM

Can people read ? instead of just being happy to believe people who dont like her, this story is not so black and white, she wanted to help gays who didn't WANT to be gay,so maybe go and read up ,people at one time thought it would cure them the gay person WANTED the therepy. loving these new words converstion therapy oh how people are grasping at it,

Paula D 30-01-2018 07:25 PM

Please expand further by what you understand Ann to support?

Or are you going off one line in a tweet?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

reece(: 30-01-2018 07:26 PM

She's a dinosaur with dated views, no shocker

Hopefully in 70 years time views like conversion therapy belief are totally eradicated

Kazanne 30-01-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 9836962)
I had no idea about this. Glad I don't support Ann anymore now.

But your happy to believe what is said on here instead of researching it,that figures.

Vanessa 30-01-2018 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 9836973)

Hopefully in 70 years time views like conversion therapy belief are totally eradicated

It sounds so wrong to do that to someone :(

Cherie 30-01-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 9836965)
Can people read ? instead of just being happy to believe people who dont like her, this story is not so black and white, she wanted to help gays who didn't WANT to be gay,so maybe go and read up ,people at one time thought it would cure them the gay person WANTED the therepy. loving these new words converstion therapy oh how people are grasping at it,

There isn't much point posting this as it will just be ignored :laugh:

Kazanne 30-01-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 9836975)
It sounds so wrong to do that to someone :(

The gay person WANTED the therapy,no one was forced,have you actually read Vickys article ?

Smithy 30-01-2018 07:29 PM

Quote:

It has literally been a thing since the 1920’s, it’s all well and good telling others to read up about it, maybe you should too....

Like Reece said, her views are outdated, it’s a generational so no doubt a couple of decades from now people will look back at it in horror in a similar way to slavery (and I’m not comparing those two btw, I’m just saying people will look back in a “wow can you believe that actually used to happen” kind of way)

bitontheslide 30-01-2018 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 9836942)
I found it really odd how this managed to stay on the hush until a few days before the final, when there have been a few people constantly going on about her voting record. Good timing for it to surface now. Anyway

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/co...glad-to-be-gay

Is what she actually said on it all.

Thanks for posting that link Vicky. Again Ann states things clearly. If someone is reaching out to doctors for help, we should treat them. She is saying that we shouldn't turn away someone in mental turmoil. Not the same thing as some wish to imply at all.

MB. 30-01-2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Nobody thought this in 2012, which is when Ann spoke out in defence of it

Kazanne 30-01-2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 9836976)
There isn't much point posting this as it will just be ignored :laugh:

I know I thought that ,but really it's like just because they hate her they flow along with anything said,such close mindedness I have never seen before.

Shaun 30-01-2018 07:32 PM

It's an interesting issue because there are instances of gay/bisexual people wishing to partake in 'therapy' themselves but ultimately it's like trying to get experimental medical treatment to make yourself taller / grow a few extra inches down below. It's just doomed to failure and going to upset you further :laugh: and the idea that people can make money off what is essentially denying someone's identity - since it's not covered by the NHS and would be a private medical expense - is shameful.

Mental health and psychiatric branches of the NHS would be better suited to this instance.

Also the article explains the instance of an undercover reporter seeking 'treatment', so it's not technically written from the POV, or indeed in defence, of someone who actually wants the treatment.

Bones 30-01-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 9836973)

Not really.

Jamie89 30-01-2018 07:58 PM

I'm surprised tbh, even with her views she's still an intelligent woman and just a small amount of knowledge of/research into conversion therapy will show that it's not only useless but also can be pretty damaging.. If somebody wants to have conversion therapy then it means their issues with their sexuality are so deep that they'll very likely only be damaged further by having it, it's actually quite cruel to those people to encourage it.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 30-01-2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie89 (Post 9837079)
I'm surprised tbh, even with her views she's still an intelligent woman and just a small amount of knowledge of/research into conversion therapy will show that it's not only useless but also can be pretty damaging.. If somebody wants to have conversion therapy then it means their issues with their sexuality are so deep that they'll very likely only be damaged further by having it, it's actually quite cruel to those people to encourage it.

:clap1:

Pete. 30-01-2018 08:23 PM

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img.../82x82/277.jpg

luvjustin 30-01-2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

You mean she wanted to take advantage of the mentally ill.