ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB22 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=730)
-   -   Roxanne Pallett Amy drags us! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353172)

Scoot 27-12-2018 12:43 AM

Amy drags us!

Scalped?

And before ANYONE starts the clear difference between Roxy and Conor is that Roxanne’s arc ended with her comeuppance so you’re able to pbjectively view it as a storyline, meanwhile Conor bullies Deana, threatened to assault her, received no punishment or condemnation from his housemates or Big Brother, and then was awarded with 50k :umm2:

DouglasS 27-12-2018 12:46 AM

She is completely correct. Well done to her for voicing what many of us are thinking.

Saying Conor is vile yet applauding Roxanne is completely hypocritical and so many people do it. It's pathetic. Roxanne did FAR worse than anything Conor did.

DouglasS 27-12-2018 12:47 AM

I'm guessing this isn't Amy Jade as she applauds Roxanne among others

Scoot 27-12-2018 12:50 AM

Well I can’t speak for others but my love for Roxanne is almost entirely ironic and just about what she brought to the show. She’s a horrid bitch and I defy anyone to say otherwise.

Conor was at no point questioned on his actions and successfully ostracised Deana on countless occassions, while what Roxanne did flopped harder than a wet fish and left the house branded a liar by her housemates and as the most hated person in Britain.
The Roxanne saga, from a tv perspective, was unlike anything that had ever come before. Conor was just another aggressive thug who threw his weight around and was rewarded for it.

RileyH 27-12-2018 12:52 AM

Who is miss Amy

Scoot 27-12-2018 12:53 AM

James to apologise and blame the members who blindly love females?

Jk!

Liam- 27-12-2018 12:53 AM

Amy spilling that tea everywhere

DouglasS 27-12-2018 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoot (Post 10391902)
Well I can’t speak for others but my love for Roxanne is almost entirely ironic and just about what she brought to the show. She’s a horrid bitch and I defy anyone to say otherwise.

Conor was at no point questioned on his actions and successfully ostracised Deana on countless occassions, while what Roxanne did flopped harder than a wet fish and left the house branded a liar by her housemates and as the most hated person in Britain.
The Roxanne saga, from a tv perspective, was unlike anything that had ever come before. Conor was just another aggressive thug who threw his weight around and was rewarded for it.

Roxanne failed because it was clear for all to see how evil she was. She was undefendable in every aspect. She tried to ruin someones life, career and also effect his entire families lives. Conor had some redeemable qualities and wasn't evil.

reece(: 27-12-2018 12:57 AM

Stuck on something that happened about 4 month ago? Go off chick

JerseyWins 27-12-2018 01:02 AM

1) First and foremost, TIBB gets talked about on twitter? O_O

2) Yes a lot of people are very highly morally correct about certain characters and then don't care or excuse it when it's a character they like. :shrug: Definitely hypocritical

Epic. 27-12-2018 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10391898)
She is completely correct. Well done to her for voicing what many of us are thinking.

Saying Conor is vile yet applauding Roxanne is completely hypocritical and so many people do it. It's pathetic. Roxanne did FAR worse than anything Conor did.

I think you're forgetting the fact that absolutely zero Roxanne fans applaud her behaviour. They applaud the impact she made on CBB22 and bringing relevance back to the show and singlehandedly causing one of the most, if not THE most, emotionally gripping storylines to ever happen on Ch5 at least. I can understand why some HATE her, but to just assume people like her because they agree with what she did is just false :shrug:

Conor had a gang who worshipped him, he maliciously went out of his way to actually hurt Deana's feelings REPEATEDLY, he threatened pretty much to shove an epilator up her arse and punch her in the face, learned absolutely nothing from his experience, felt like a hero, and won money.

Roxanne had the entire house turn on her and end up despising her (even Ben pretended like she never existed when he started showmancing Gabby out of the blue), she did one massive incident to make Ryan look bad without ever saying nasty things to him like Conor would, she never threatened or worse, JOKED about physically harming him, the experience left a terrible but justifiable toll on her and her career, and she left with everything backfiring on her. Even if you hate Roxanne, it WAS a compelling storyline and it IS why you were a big supporter of Ryan

Epic. 27-12-2018 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10391906)
Conor had some redeemable qualities and wasn't evil.

The fact that you are saying this about someone who thought it'd be funny to ruin someone's bed, laugh at them being upset, try to exclude them, find it funny to stick an epilator up her ass and make a SONG about it, and consider punching her in the face is concerning :skull:

DouglasS 27-12-2018 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic. (Post 10391914)
The fact that you are saying this about someone who thought it'd be funny to ruin someone's bed, laugh at them being upset, try to exclude them, find it funny to stick an epilator up her ass and make a SONG about it, and consider punching her in the face is concerning :skull:

I think it's more concerning that people are trying to justify Roxanne's actions by saying she was never mean to Ryan to his face.

If anything that makes her more psychotic and evil, that she is willing to ruin anyones life just to get herself a storyline/be in the limelight. She didn't even strongly dislike this guy and she was still happy to pick him as a victim. Very scary indeed.

Also in regards to Conor I was not a fan at all. I didn't like the rant, although a lot of people do say 'shove it up your arse' as a retailiation/comeback when someone says something, it's often just a matter of phrase without any proper meaning. I don't think a stupid rant/comment is enough to call someone evil.

The difference between Conor and Roxanne is Conor didn't actually action what he said and shove an epilator anyway, Roxanne actually actioned her evil thoughts, making her far worse.

armand.kay 27-12-2018 01:22 AM

Amy should grow up

Epic. 27-12-2018 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10391919)
I think it's more concerning that people are trying to justify Roxanne's actions by saying she was never mean to Ryan to his face.

Didn't justify her actions, just was comparing why I personally think Conor's worse. I've even been through the situation she pretended she was going through so if anything, I hate her as a person

You're entitled to think Roxanne is a worse person I suppose, it's all interpretation I guess, but I'm moreso referring to the fact that nobody here really thought she was a nice person in the first place yet this Amy woman is pretending the forum did

armand.kay 27-12-2018 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10391919)

If anything that makes her more psychotic and evil, that she is willing to ruin anyones life just to get herself a storyline/be in the limelight. She didn't even strongly dislike this guy and she was still happy to pick him as a victim. Very scary indeed.

Also in regards to Conor I was not a fan at all. I didn't like the rant, although a lot of people do say 'shove it up your arse' as a retailiation/comeback when someone says something, it's often just a matter of phrase without any proper meaning. I don't think a stupid rant/comment is enough to call someone evil.

The difference between Conor and Roxanne is Conor didn't actually action what he said and shove an epilator anyway, Roxanne actually actioned her evil thoughts, making her far worse.

I think everybody pretty much agrees that Roxanna's actions were pretty gross. I just think a lot of people are willing to admit that they found the whole thing entertaining and/or funny.... also you can condemn Roxanne and people who did find her entertaining without bringing up the redeemable qualities someone who joyfully sung about sexually assaulting the woman he spent the whole series picking on and trying to intimidate for no reason

Epic. 27-12-2018 01:31 AM

Not the biggest Keith Lemon fan, but this was a howl

DouglasS 27-12-2018 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armand.kay (Post 10391923)
I think everybody pretty much agrees that Roxanna's actions were pretty gross. I just think a lot of people are willing to admit that they found the whole thing entertaining and/or funny.... also you can condemn Roxanne and people who did find her entertaining without bringing up the redeemable qualities someone who joyfully sung about sexually assaulting the woman he spent the whole series picking on and trying to intimidate for no reason

People might have found the song entertaining/funny though.

Just using the Roxanne argument back [I didn't find it funny]

Mokka 27-12-2018 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoot (Post 10391897)
Scalped?

https://i.giphy.com/media/OqLZpzzh4MwzC/giphy.webp

armand.kay 27-12-2018 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10391925)
People might have found the song entertaining/funny though.

Just using the Roxanne argument back [I didn't find it funny]

if you found the song or any of conor's actions entertaining or funny then say it with your chest, i mean i'll still look at you sideways but I can't really argue with that... but trying to minimise his behaviour and make it seem like he wasn't that bad is just messy to me :skull:

DouglasS 27-12-2018 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armand.kay (Post 10391928)
if you found the song or any of conor's actions entertaining or funny then say it with your chest, i mean i'll still look at you sideways but I can't really argue with that... but trying to minimise his behaviour and make it seem like he wasn't that bad is just messy to me :skull:

I just find the arguments extremely hypocritical which is my main point. If someone said they found Conors song funny they would be seen as 'vile' 'disgusting' etc. I know you haven't said that but the majority would. Whereas its not the same with Roxanne's actions. I just think so many people are happy to be hypocrites on here.

I'm not making Conor look less bad, I didn't like him. I just think Roxanne was far worse as a person. It's like comparing crimes, some are worse than others. It doesn't mean I think Conor was okay.

Scoot 27-12-2018 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic. (Post 10391911)
I think you're forgetting the fact that absolutely zero Roxanne fans applaud her behaviour. They applaud the impact she made on CBB22 and bringing relevance back to the show and singlehandedly causing one of the most, if not THE most, emotionally gripping storylines to ever happen on Ch5 at least. I can understand why some HATE her, but to just assume people like her because they agree with what she did is just false :shrug:

Conor had a gang who worshipped him, he maliciously went out of his way to actually hurt Deana's feelings REPEATEDLY, he threatened pretty much to shove an epilator up her arse and punch her in the face, learned absolutely nothing from his experience, felt like a hero, and won money.

Roxanne had the entire house turn on her and end up despising her (even Ben pretended like she never existed when he started showmancing Gabby out of the blue), she did one massive incident to make Ryan look bad without ever saying nasty things to him like Conor would, she never threatened or worse, JOKED about physically harming him, the experience left a terrible but justifiable toll on her and her career, and she left with everything backfiring on her. Even if you hate Roxanne, it WAS a compelling storyline and it IS why you were a big supporter of Ryan

This is far more articulate than I could ever put it so I’ll just put quote it

Scoot 27-12-2018 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10391930)
I just find the arguments extremely hypocritical which is my main point. If someone said they found Conors song funny they would be seen as 'vile' 'disgusting' etc. I know you haven't said that but the majority would. Whereas its not the same with Roxanne's actions. I just think so many people are happy to be hypocrites on here.

I'm not making Conor look less bad, I didn't like him. I just think Roxanne was far worse as a person. It's like comparing crimes, some are worse than others. It doesn't mean I think Conor was okay.

I think you’re missing the point that NO ONE finds what Roxanne did good. Every joke you see people make about it is people making fun of HER. If someone tried to justify Roxanne’s actions they would rightly be seen as vile. It’s not a valid comparison because the comparison that doesn’t exist.

armand.kay 27-12-2018 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10391930)

My argument is hypocritical because of what you assume other people's reaction would be??

Also I haven't bothered with comparing them because the difference really isn't that much and doing so would mean me having to either justify or lessen the actions of one and that's really not something I'm interested in doing...

Amy Jade 27-12-2018 07:07 AM

I can't remember any of Roxanne's fans seriously excusing her actions, could be wrong.

However I stand by thinking she made great telly. After Nat left it was dragging for me and Roxy was one of the only housemates that kept me watching. I bet all the moral crusaders looking down on anyone pro Roxy in here right enjoyed the hell out of her downfall though.