Notices

Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2018 [CBB 22] Posts about the CBB22 series, won by Ryan Thomas, and housemates here.

-----

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-12-2018, 12:43 AM   #1
Scoot
Senior Member
 
Scoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: South Australia
Posts: 569

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBBUSA2: Tamar Braxton
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli
CBB21: Shane Jenek
Default Amy drags us!

Scalped?


And before ANYONE starts the clear difference between Roxy and Conor is that Roxanne’s arc ended with her comeuppance so you’re able to pbjectively view it as a storyline, meanwhile Conor bullies Deana, threatened to assault her, received no punishment or condemnation from his housemates or Big Brother, and then was awarded with 50k
__________________
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 12:46 AM   #2
DouglasS
Who, me?
 
DouglasS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,843

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 7: Eddie
BB19: Akeem
CBBUSA2: Ryan Lochte
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
Default

She is completely correct. Well done to her for voicing what many of us are thinking.

Saying Conor is vile yet applauding Roxanne is completely hypocritical and so many people do it. It's pathetic. Roxanne did FAR worse than anything Conor did.
__________________
BBCAN: Eddie, Sam, Adam & Damien
TAR31: Janelle & Britney, Elissa & Rachel and Team Fun
GoT favs: Tyrion, Arya, Jaime, The Hound, Jon, Missandei and Grey Worm
DouglasS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 12:47 AM   #3
DouglasS
Who, me?
 
DouglasS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,843

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 7: Eddie
BB19: Akeem
CBBUSA2: Ryan Lochte
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
Default

I'm guessing this isn't Amy Jade as she applauds Roxanne among others
__________________
BBCAN: Eddie, Sam, Adam & Damien
TAR31: Janelle & Britney, Elissa & Rachel and Team Fun
GoT favs: Tyrion, Arya, Jaime, The Hound, Jon, Missandei and Grey Worm
DouglasS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 12:50 AM   #4
Scoot
Senior Member
 
Scoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: South Australia
Posts: 569

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBBUSA2: Tamar Braxton
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli
CBB21: Shane Jenek
Default

Well I can’t speak for others but my love for Roxanne is almost entirely ironic and just about what she brought to the show. She’s a horrid bitch and I defy anyone to say otherwise.

Conor was at no point questioned on his actions and successfully ostracised Deana on countless occassions, while what Roxanne did flopped harder than a wet fish and left the house branded a liar by her housemates and as the most hated person in Britain.
The Roxanne saga, from a tv perspective, was unlike anything that had ever come before. Conor was just another aggressive thug who threw his weight around and was rewarded for it.
__________________
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 12:52 AM   #5
RileyH
A great thief
 
RileyH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: I live in a purple world. Lavender highs and violet lows.
Posts: 34,761
Blog Entries: 5

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
DOI 2019: Wes Nelson
CBBUSA2: Natalie Eva Marie
IAC2018: Malique Thompson-Dwyer


Default

Who is miss Amy
__________________
RileyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 12:53 AM   #6
Scoot
Senior Member
 
Scoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: South Australia
Posts: 569

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBBUSA2: Tamar Braxton
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli
CBB21: Shane Jenek
Default

James to apologise and blame the members who blindly love females?

Jk!
__________________

Last edited by Scoot; 27-12-2018 at 12:54 AM.
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 12:53 AM   #7
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 14,321

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

Amy spilling that tea everywhere
__________________
Liam- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 12:54 AM   #8
DouglasS
Who, me?
 
DouglasS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,843

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 7: Eddie
BB19: Akeem
CBBUSA2: Ryan Lochte
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
Well I can’t speak for others but my love for Roxanne is almost entirely ironic and just about what she brought to the show. She’s a horrid bitch and I defy anyone to say otherwise.

Conor was at no point questioned on his actions and successfully ostracised Deana on countless occassions, while what Roxanne did flopped harder than a wet fish and left the house branded a liar by her housemates and as the most hated person in Britain.
The Roxanne saga, from a tv perspective, was unlike anything that had ever come before. Conor was just another aggressive thug who threw his weight around and was rewarded for it.
Roxanne failed because it was clear for all to see how evil she was. She was undefendable in every aspect. She tried to ruin someones life, career and also effect his entire families lives. Conor had some redeemable qualities and wasn't evil.
__________________
BBCAN: Eddie, Sam, Adam & Damien
TAR31: Janelle & Britney, Elissa & Rachel and Team Fun
GoT favs: Tyrion, Arya, Jaime, The Hound, Jon, Missandei and Grey Worm
DouglasS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 12:57 AM   #9
reece(:
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡
 
reece(:'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: England
Posts: 78,426
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 7: Kiera
Amazing Race 31: Elissa & Rachel
BB19: Sian
Survivor 38: Wendy


Default

Stuck on something that happened about 4 month ago? Go off chick
__________________

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:02 AM   #10
JerseyWins
Meow Meow
 
JerseyWins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 17,729

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 7: Dane
BB19: Lewis G
Survivor 38: Kelley
CBBUSA2: Ryan Lochte
Default

1) First and foremost, TIBB gets talked about on twitter? O_O

2) Yes a lot of people are very highly morally correct about certain characters and then don't care or excuse it when it's a character they like. Definitely hypocritical
__________________

Who's going under the bus? Not I!
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:04 AM   #11
Epic.
Senior Member
 
Epic.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 18,505

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBBUSA2: Tom Green
IAC2018: Harry Redknapp
Apprentice 2018: Jackie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
She is completely correct. Well done to her for voicing what many of us are thinking.

Saying Conor is vile yet applauding Roxanne is completely hypocritical and so many people do it. It's pathetic. Roxanne did FAR worse than anything Conor did.
I think you're forgetting the fact that absolutely zero Roxanne fans applaud her behaviour. They applaud the impact she made on CBB22 and bringing relevance back to the show and singlehandedly causing one of the most, if not THE most, emotionally gripping storylines to ever happen on Ch5 at least. I can understand why some HATE her, but to just assume people like her because they agree with what she did is just false

Conor had a gang who worshipped him, he maliciously went out of his way to actually hurt Deana's feelings REPEATEDLY, he threatened pretty much to shove an epilator up her arse and punch her in the face, learned absolutely nothing from his experience, felt like a hero, and won money.

Roxanne had the entire house turn on her and end up despising her (even Ben pretended like she never existed when he started showmancing Gabby out of the blue), she did one massive incident to make Ryan look bad without ever saying nasty things to him like Conor would, she never threatened or worse, JOKED about physically harming him, the experience left a terrible but justifiable toll on her and her career, and she left with everything backfiring on her. Even if you hate Roxanne, it WAS a compelling storyline and it IS why you were a big supporter of Ryan
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by montblanc View Post
weird ass british language
Epic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:07 AM   #12
Epic.
Senior Member
 
Epic.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 18,505

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBBUSA2: Tom Green
IAC2018: Harry Redknapp
Apprentice 2018: Jackie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
Conor had some redeemable qualities and wasn't evil.
The fact that you are saying this about someone who thought it'd be funny to ruin someone's bed, laugh at them being upset, try to exclude them, find it funny to stick an epilator up her ass and make a SONG about it, and consider punching her in the face is concerning
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by montblanc View Post
weird ass british language
Epic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:21 AM   #13
DouglasS
Who, me?
 
DouglasS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,843

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 7: Eddie
BB19: Akeem
CBBUSA2: Ryan Lochte
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
The fact that you are saying this about someone who thought it'd be funny to ruin someone's bed, laugh at them being upset, try to exclude them, find it funny to stick an epilator up her ass and make a SONG about it, and consider punching her in the face is concerning
I think it's more concerning that people are trying to justify Roxanne's actions by saying she was never mean to Ryan to his face.

If anything that makes her more psychotic and evil, that she is willing to ruin anyones life just to get herself a storyline/be in the limelight. She didn't even strongly dislike this guy and she was still happy to pick him as a victim. Very scary indeed.

Also in regards to Conor I was not a fan at all. I didn't like the rant, although a lot of people do say 'shove it up your arse' as a retailiation/comeback when someone says something, it's often just a matter of phrase without any proper meaning. I don't think a stupid rant/comment is enough to call someone evil.

The difference between Conor and Roxanne is Conor didn't actually action what he said and shove an epilator anyway, Roxanne actually actioned her evil thoughts, making her far worse.
__________________
BBCAN: Eddie, Sam, Adam & Damien
TAR31: Janelle & Britney, Elissa & Rachel and Team Fun
GoT favs: Tyrion, Arya, Jaime, The Hound, Jon, Missandei and Grey Worm

Last edited by DouglasS; 27-12-2018 at 01:22 AM.
DouglasS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:22 AM   #14
armand.kay
armand.kay
 
armand.kay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The Underworld
Posts: 23,352
Blog Entries: 2

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Natalie Nunn
Love Island 4: Hayley
BB18: Chanelle
Love Island 3: Camilla


Default

Amy should grow up
armand.kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:29 AM   #15
Epic.
Senior Member
 
Epic.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 18,505

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBBUSA2: Tom Green
IAC2018: Harry Redknapp
Apprentice 2018: Jackie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
I think it's more concerning that people are trying to justify Roxanne's actions by saying she was never mean to Ryan to his face.
Didn't justify her actions, just was comparing why I personally think Conor's worse. I've even been through the situation she pretended she was going through so if anything, I hate her as a person

You're entitled to think Roxanne is a worse person I suppose, it's all interpretation I guess, but I'm moreso referring to the fact that nobody here really thought she was a nice person in the first place yet this Amy woman is pretending the forum did
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by montblanc View Post
weird ass british language

Last edited by Epic.; 27-12-2018 at 01:30 AM.
Epic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:29 AM   #16
armand.kay
armand.kay
 
armand.kay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The Underworld
Posts: 23,352
Blog Entries: 2

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Natalie Nunn
Love Island 4: Hayley
BB18: Chanelle
Love Island 3: Camilla


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
I think it's more concerning that people are trying to justify Roxanne's actions by saying she was never mean to Ryan to his face.

If anything that makes her more psychotic and evil, that she is willing to ruin anyones life just to get herself a storyline/be in the limelight. She didn't even strongly dislike this guy and she was still happy to pick him as a victim. Very scary indeed.

Also in regards to Conor I was not a fan at all. I didn't like the rant, although a lot of people do say 'shove it up your arse' as a retailiation/comeback when someone says something, it's often just a matter of phrase without any proper meaning. I don't think a stupid rant/comment is enough to call someone evil.

The difference between Conor and Roxanne is Conor didn't actually action what he said and shove an epilator anyway, Roxanne actually actioned her evil thoughts, making her far worse.
I think everybody pretty much agrees that Roxanna's actions were pretty gross. I just think a lot of people are willing to admit that they found the whole thing entertaining and/or funny.... also you can condemn Roxanne and people who did find her entertaining without bringing up the redeemable qualities someone who joyfully sung about sexually assaulting the woman he spent the whole series picking on and trying to intimidate for no reason
armand.kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:31 AM   #17
Epic.
Senior Member
 
Epic.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 18,505

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBBUSA2: Tom Green
IAC2018: Harry Redknapp
Apprentice 2018: Jackie
Default

Not the biggest Keith Lemon fan, but this was a howl

Youtube video
Click to view this video on Youtube
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by montblanc View Post
weird ass british language
Epic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:31 AM   #18
DouglasS
Who, me?
 
DouglasS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,843

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 7: Eddie
BB19: Akeem
CBBUSA2: Ryan Lochte
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armand.kay View Post
I think everybody pretty much agrees that Roxanna's actions were pretty gross. I just think a lot of people are willing to admit that they found the whole thing entertaining and/or funny.... also you can condemn Roxanne and people who did find her entertaining without bringing up the redeemable qualities someone who joyfully sung about sexually assaulting the woman he spent the whole series picking on and trying to intimidate for no reason
People might have found the song entertaining/funny though.

Just using the Roxanne argument back [I didn't find it funny]
__________________
BBCAN: Eddie, Sam, Adam & Damien
TAR31: Janelle & Britney, Elissa & Rachel and Team Fun
GoT favs: Tyrion, Arya, Jaime, The Hound, Jon, Missandei and Grey Worm
DouglasS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:36 AM   #19
Mokka
Mokka
 
Mokka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,515

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
Love Island 4: Laura A
BBUSA20: Steve


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
Scalped?

__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:37 AM   #20
armand.kay
armand.kay
 
armand.kay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The Underworld
Posts: 23,352
Blog Entries: 2

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Natalie Nunn
Love Island 4: Hayley
BB18: Chanelle
Love Island 3: Camilla


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
People might have found the song entertaining/funny though.

Just using the Roxanne argument back [I didn't find it funny]
if you found the song or any of conor's actions entertaining or funny then say it with your chest, i mean i'll still look at you sideways but I can't really argue with that... but trying to minimise his behaviour and make it seem like he wasn't that bad is just messy to me
armand.kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:43 AM   #21
DouglasS
Who, me?
 
DouglasS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,843

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 7: Eddie
BB19: Akeem
CBBUSA2: Ryan Lochte
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armand.kay View Post
if you found the song or any of conor's actions entertaining or funny then say it with your chest, i mean i'll still look at you sideways but I can't really argue with that... but trying to minimise his behaviour and make it seem like he wasn't that bad is just messy to me
I just find the arguments extremely hypocritical which is my main point. If someone said they found Conors song funny they would be seen as 'vile' 'disgusting' etc. I know you haven't said that but the majority would. Whereas its not the same with Roxanne's actions. I just think so many people are happy to be hypocrites on here.

I'm not making Conor look less bad, I didn't like him. I just think Roxanne was far worse as a person. It's like comparing crimes, some are worse than others. It doesn't mean I think Conor was okay.
__________________
BBCAN: Eddie, Sam, Adam & Damien
TAR31: Janelle & Britney, Elissa & Rachel and Team Fun
GoT favs: Tyrion, Arya, Jaime, The Hound, Jon, Missandei and Grey Worm

Last edited by DouglasS; 27-12-2018 at 01:44 AM.
DouglasS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:45 AM   #22
Scoot
Senior Member
 
Scoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: South Australia
Posts: 569

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBBUSA2: Tamar Braxton
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli
CBB21: Shane Jenek
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
I think you're forgetting the fact that absolutely zero Roxanne fans applaud her behaviour. They applaud the impact she made on CBB22 and bringing relevance back to the show and singlehandedly causing one of the most, if not THE most, emotionally gripping storylines to ever happen on Ch5 at least. I can understand why some HATE her, but to just assume people like her because they agree with what she did is just false

Conor had a gang who worshipped him, he maliciously went out of his way to actually hurt Deana's feelings REPEATEDLY, he threatened pretty much to shove an epilator up her arse and punch her in the face, learned absolutely nothing from his experience, felt like a hero, and won money.

Roxanne had the entire house turn on her and end up despising her (even Ben pretended like she never existed when he started showmancing Gabby out of the blue), she did one massive incident to make Ryan look bad without ever saying nasty things to him like Conor would, she never threatened or worse, JOKED about physically harming him, the experience left a terrible but justifiable toll on her and her career, and she left with everything backfiring on her. Even if you hate Roxanne, it WAS a compelling storyline and it IS why you were a big supporter of Ryan
This is far more articulate than I could ever put it so I’ll just put quote it
__________________
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:47 AM   #23
Scoot
Senior Member
 
Scoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: South Australia
Posts: 569

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBBUSA2: Tamar Braxton
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli
CBB21: Shane Jenek
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
I just find the arguments extremely hypocritical which is my main point. If someone said they found Conors song funny they would be seen as 'vile' 'disgusting' etc. I know you haven't said that but the majority would. Whereas its not the same with Roxanne's actions. I just think so many people are happy to be hypocrites on here.

I'm not making Conor look less bad, I didn't like him. I just think Roxanne was far worse as a person. It's like comparing crimes, some are worse than others. It doesn't mean I think Conor was okay.
I think you’re missing the point that NO ONE finds what Roxanne did good. Every joke you see people make about it is people making fun of HER. If someone tried to justify Roxanne’s actions they would rightly be seen as vile. It’s not a valid comparison because the comparison that doesn’t exist.
__________________
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:55 AM   #24
armand.kay
armand.kay
 
armand.kay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The Underworld
Posts: 23,352
Blog Entries: 2

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Natalie Nunn
Love Island 4: Hayley
BB18: Chanelle
Love Island 3: Camilla


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
I just find the arguments extremely hypocritical which is my main point. If someone said they found Conors song funny they would be seen as 'vile' 'disgusting' etc. I know you haven't said that but the majority would. Whereas its not the same with Roxanne's actions. I just think so many people are happy to be hypocrites on here.

I'm not making Conor look less bad, I didn't like him. I just think Roxanne was far worse as a person. It's like comparing crimes, some are worse than others. It doesn't mean I think Conor was okay.
My argument is hypocritical because of what you assume other people's reaction would be??

Also I haven't bothered with comparing them because the difference really isn't that much and doing so would mean me having to either justify or lessen the actions of one and that's really not something I'm interested in doing...

Last edited by armand.kay; 27-12-2018 at 01:57 AM.
armand.kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 07:07 AM   #25
Amy Jade
Spirit In the Sky
 
Amy Jade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 45,227

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Natalie Nunn
CBB20: Brandi Glanville
BB18: Chanelle


Default

I can't remember any of Roxanne's fans seriously excusing her actions, could be wrong.

However I stand by thinking she made great telly. After Nat left it was dragging for me and Roxy was one of the only housemates that kept me watching. I bet all the moral crusaders looking down on anyone pro Roxy in here right enjoyed the hell out of her downfall though.
__________________
Amy Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
amy, drags, pallett, roxanne

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:41 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts