ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Man sleeps with 12 year old believing she is 19 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354173)

Daniel. 08-02-2019 11:05 AM

Man sleeps with 12 year old believing she is 19

https://dailym.ai/2DgMtOd

He didnt know her age, is this fair?

Morgan. 08-02-2019 11:13 AM

It’s a tough one. He didn’t know obviously, but 12 year olds and 19 year olds can have lots of differences and he probably could’ve done more checks. But she should be having consequences too - she knew what she was doing.

Livia 08-02-2019 11:13 AM

He broke the law, ignorance is no excuse. However, surely the mother must have wondered where her 12 year old child was? She would have known that she was registered on a dating site, because who lets their 12 year old free on the Internet? Maybe social services should be involved, if they're not already.

Niamh. 08-02-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blurryface (Post 10436432)
It’s a tough one. He didn’t know obviously, but 12 year olds and 19 year olds can have lots of differences and he probably could’ve done more checks. But she should be having consequences too - she knew what she was doing.

The 12 year old should have consequences? The child you mean, know what she was doing with all her vast experiences? Lock her up maybe? For what exactly?

Anyway ontopic, it's a tough one, if he genuinely believed she was older but I can't see how a 12 year old could look 18 (which tbf if you're meeting people through an app like that you should really make sure if they look borderline) Also sending naked photos of her to his friends, grim

Niamh. 08-02-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10436433)
He broke the law, ignorance is no excuse. However, surely the mother must have wondered where her 12 year old child was? She would have known that she was registered on a dating site, because who lets their 12 year old free on the Internet? Maybe social services should be involved, if they're not already.

It says in the article :

The girl, who is known to regularly go missing from home,

Liam- 08-02-2019 11:17 AM

I’m of the belief that anyone underage that lies about their age to sleep with someone should face consequences, it can ruin people’s lives, especially if they have fake id’s to get into clubs and stuff, cause if you meet someone in a club and they’re drinking you’re bound to assume that they’re above 18.

However, in this case, I refuse to believe that you wouldn’t know that someone was 12 years old :joker:

Morgan. 08-02-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10436434)
The 12 year old should have consequences? The child you mean, know what she was doing with all her vast experiences? Lock her up maybe? For what exactly?

Anyway ontopic, it's a tough one, if her genuinely believed she was older but I can't see how a 12 year old could look 18 (which tbf if you're meeting people through an app like that you should really make sure if they look borderline) Also sending naked photos of her to his friends, grim

You don’t set up a dating profile posing as someone older, meet up with a guy and have sex for an after homework activity exactly though.

I’m not saying lock her up - but she’s not innocent in this.

Niamh. 08-02-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10436437)
I’m of the belief that anyone underage that lies about their age to sleep with someone should face consequences, it can ruin people’s lives, especially if they have fake id’s to get into clubs and stuff, cause if you meet someone in a club and they’re drinking you’re bound to assume that they’re above 18.

However, in this case, I refuse to believe that you wouldn’t know that someone was 12 years old :joker:

At 12 though, they're only kids, 12 is too young to say they should "know what they're doing" etc If a 12 year old is doing this kind of stuff, they have issues that need dealing with, maybe a bad up bringing or mental health issues imo

Niamh. 08-02-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blurryface (Post 10436438)
You don’t set up a dating profile posing as someone older, meet up with a guy and have sex for an after homework activity exactly though.

I’m not saying lock her up - but she’s not innocent in this.

She's a kid ffs If the age of consent is 17 (or 16 in the UK?) why is that? Is it because people under that age are deemed to not be old enough mentally or emotionally (and physically)? yet you think they should be old enough to be punished for some sort of sexual entrapment? If that's the case why have age limits on anything at all?

Liam- 08-02-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10436439)
At 12 though, they're only kids, 12 is too young to say they should "know what they're doing" etc If a 12 year old is doing this kind of stuff, they have issues that need dealing with, maybe a bad up bringing or mental health issues imo

Oh no, I agree with you on this case, I don’t see how it’s possible for anyone to think a 12 year old looks 19, I was taking about in general

Livia 08-02-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10436436)
It says in the article :

The girl, who is known to regularly go missing from home,

Then Social Services are involved. Someone's let this kid down, not just the man who slept with her.

Niamh. 08-02-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10436445)
Then Social Services are involved. Someone's let this kid down, not just the man who slept with her.

Yes definitely

Morgan. 08-02-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10436443)
She's a kid ffs If the age of consent is 17 (or 16 in the UK?) why is that? Is it because people under that age are deemed to not be old enough mentally or emotionally (and physically)? yet you think they should be old enough to be punished for some sort of sexual entrapment? If that's the case why have age limits on anything at all?

And the age of criminal responsibility is 12, therefore she’s old enough to know what she did was wrong.

I’m not saying he’s any less in the wrong but she is partly responsible.

Niamh. 08-02-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blurryface (Post 10436447)
And the age of criminal responsibility is 12, therefore she’s old enough to know what she did was wrong.

grim

Livia 08-02-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blurryface (Post 10436447)

Whether or not she knew what she was doing, if you have intercourse with a person under the age of 16, it is statutory rape whether or not the girl consents. She cannot legally give her consent because she's underage.

Denver 08-02-2019 11:28 AM

She shouldn't be allowed to ruin people's lives because she is only 12

Niamh. 08-02-2019 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10436451)
Whether or not she knew what she was doing, if you have intercourse with a person under the age of 16, it is statutory rape whether or not the girl consents. She cannot legally give her consent because she's underage.

Exactly. If she is also punished it makes the whole statuary rape law redundant really.

Niamh. 08-02-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. (Post 10436452)

:skull:

Livia 08-02-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. (Post 10436452)

She didn't ruin anyone's life. She is underage.

Morgan. 08-02-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10436453)
Exactly. If she is also punished it makes the whole statuary rape law redundant really.

How so? He’s still being punished for his actions but she’s catfished him and posed as someone she isn’t to have sex - that’s messed up.

bitontheslide 08-02-2019 11:36 AM

people generally know a persons age in relation to their own friends. I don't believe for a second that a 27 year old man thought she was anything other than too young. He may not have known her specific age, but he would have known something wasn't right. I consider that taking advantage.

Amy Jade 08-02-2019 11:37 AM

I feel a bit sorry for him because she did lie to him but he was stupid to believe a 12 year old looked 19.

It's a tough situation.

Alf 08-02-2019 11:39 AM

It comes down to self control. Sleeping with someone should be a big step, and you should really know a bit about the person, instead of diving in blindfolded.

We're all responsible for our own actions, think your decisions through, be smart and be disciplined.

Livia 08-02-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blurryface (Post 10436456)
How so? He’s still being punished for his actions but she’s catfished him and posed as someone she isn’t to have sex - that’s messed up.

She. Is. Underage.

And you know, I've got a niece who's 14, she's very mature for her age, but when I spend time with her it's obvious she's only 14. I find it hard to believe this man at 27 didn't smell a rat.

Jordan. 08-02-2019 11:40 AM

He sounds like trash just for taking photos of her to send to his friend bragging. ELECTRIC CHAIR.