ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Top BBC Journalist Allegedly Likens Working Class Men to ‘Amazonia Cannibals’ (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354254)

LeatherTrumpet 12-02-2019 11:30 AM

Top BBC Journalist Allegedly Likens Working Class Men to ‘Amazonia Cannibals’

BBC flagship political show Panorama’s John Sweeney has allegedly been caught referring to working-class men as being like “cannibals from Amazonia” in an undercover video released by Tommy Robinson.

The footage was posted to Robinson’s social media accounts on both Facebook and Instagram over the weekend and shows the former English Defence League leader confronting Sweeney over his comments.

Sweeney seems to describe meeting a working-class white man named Danny (Dyer)in a BBC green room saying, “it was unusual to meet a white working class male in the Newsnight green room.” :shocked:

Robinson has also said that the full footage will be compiled into a documentary that will be shown in Manchester on February 23rd outside of the BBC’s offices in the city. He has also revealed that he will post further footage from the documentary every 72 hours, starting on Tuesday evening.

So far, neither Sweeney, the BBC, nor HOPE Not Hate have addressed Robinson’s released footage or claims of further revelations, although HOPE not HATE senior researcher Joe Mulhall briefly locked his Twitter account following the release of the footage.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...cover-footage/

also on the BBC

John Sergeant aware of ‘immigration taboo’ during time as political correspondent

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/e...-37807308.html

Shocking BBC elitism, what do you make of it?

Livia 12-02-2019 11:34 AM

It's perfectly fine to speak like that about the white working class. The BBC do it regularly.

Oliver_W 12-02-2019 11:38 AM

How long until people just disregard this because
a) it's Tommy Robinson
b) it's Breitbart
c) it's white working class men

LeatherTrumpet 12-02-2019 11:41 AM

Rod Liddle said on LBC this morning he severely doubted a single senior exec working at the BBS voted remain and JOhn Sargent has said the BBC rarely broached the subject of immigration for fer of blame

just like what happened in Rotherham

bitontheslide 12-02-2019 12:24 PM

i'm totally outraged by this fellas remarks. It's much more important than the real **** that's going on around the world

LeatherTrumpet 12-02-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10441754)
i'm totally outraged by this fellas remarks. It's much more important than the real **** that's going on around the world

i was not aware their was a league table of realness

who is top?

Greg! 12-02-2019 12:33 PM

Anyone with half a brain cell would be able to tell that he was slagging of the BBC for having a lack of working class white men working for them, hence why he said they were rare ‘like an Amazonian tribe’ or whatever. ‘Tommy Robinson’ is thick as **** and I hope he gets shat on by a bird today

Toy Soldier 12-02-2019 12:34 PM

It doesn't sound good but if he's not going to release raw, unedited audio of these conversations in full then you pretty much have to take any conclusions drawn with a pinch of salt. Cherry-picked soundbites are not really evidence of anything... no different to out-of-context tabloid quotes.

LeatherTrumpet 12-02-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg! (Post 10441764)
Anyone with half a brain cell would be able to tell that he was slagging of the BBC for having a lack of working class white men working for them, hence why he said they were rare ‘like an Amazonian tribe’ or whatever. ‘Tommy Robinson’ is thick as **** and I hope he gets shat on by a bird today

sure jan, that is exactly what he meant (when he got caught out) :joker:

LeatherTrumpet 12-02-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10441765)
It doesn't sound good but if he's not going to release raw, unedited audio of these conversations in full then you pretty much have to take any conclusions drawn with a pinch of salt. Cherry-picked soundbites are not really evidence of anything... no different to out-of-context tabloid quotes.

yes just like the whole BLM movement for example or that whole Jussie whotsit thing

glad you now agree TS

arista 12-02-2019 12:39 PM

Wish this would go on ITV or Ch4

Toy Soldier 12-02-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10441767)
yes just like the whole BLM movement for example or that whole Jussie whotsit thing

glad you now agree TS

When did I disagree, LT?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10428082)

I do generally prefer to wait for a more complete story before blowing the horn of judgement.

Not doing so would indeed make me a hypocrite because I do insist on waiting for the full facts before conceding that an attack is for example, Islamic terrorism related, even when it seems like the most likely scenario. And there are some very important reasons for that.

Logically speaking I can't think of any decent argument for that not being applied at all times so... Yes... Unless there is video or witness statement then it's foolish to assume that we have the whole and accurate story. That's not saying that we don't. Again I'm just applying the same logic as above; it being wrong to say "this is obvz Islamic terrorism!" on the basis of a couple of Web articles.

From the Jussie Smollet thread :idc:

LeatherTrumpet 12-02-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10441774)
When did I disagree, LT?

From the Jussie Smollet thread :idc:

:clap1:

King of avoiding the hysteria pitchforkism

Underscore 12-02-2019 03:32 PM

Dying to put 'did he lie' for the bantz