View Single Post
Old 28-07-2018, 06:37 PM #59
-

-

They've pretty much trashed Star Wars though... I hope they give the new stuff to more competent people .

The core Star Wars audience is not kids anymore, they need to realise that and make their Star Wars universe a bit darker with more impact. Likewise, I feel like there scope for the Xmen franchise being aimed at a slightly older audience than the overall MCU (though there will inevitably be crossovers).

I'm wondering if they'll retcon Scarlet Witch / Quicksilver as mutants? It would be quite easy to do so... They could discover that their powers aren't FROM the mind stone, just that the experiments with it unlocked their latent Mutant abilities that they already had (which would explain why they were the only candidates that the experiments worked on). Both characters are kind of big in the Xmen universe so it would be a bit odd if they had to be kept as "enhanced humans" rather than mutants. I also can't see them not somehow bringing Quicksilver back if they do indeed combine the universes?

Then again, they may well keep them separate franchises for the time being.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 28-07-2018 at 06:40 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote