BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
I thought they already had a history together? Not that it wouldn't rule out rape.
It's up for debate I suppose, that's always the impression i got though :

AERYS’S BEHAVIOR TOWARD JOANNA

At Tywin and Joanna’s wedding, Aerys expressed a desire to rape Joanna, lamenting the fact that the laws were changed to forbid such actions:

When she and Tywin wed, your father drank too much wine at the wedding feast and was heard to say that it was a great pity that the lord’s right to the first night had been abolished. A drunken jape, no more, but Tywin Lannister was not a man to forget such words (ADWD)

Aerys Targaryen has a history of sexual assault / sexual misconduct toward Joanna:

It has been reliably reported, however, that King Aerys took unwonted liberties with Lady Joanna’s person during her bedding ceremony, to Tywin’s displeasure. (TWOIAF)

Joanna did not want Aerys to do whatever he did.

Aerys seems to have viewed women as sexual conquests, winning their attention/love/affection/interest/sexual favor and then discarding them soon after he bedded them:

[Aerys] was exceedingly fond of young women, filling his court with fair maidens from every corner of the realm. Some say he had as many mistresses as his ancestor Aegon the Unworthy (a most unlikely assertion given all we know of that monarch). Unlike Aegon IV, however, Aerys II always seemed to lose interest in his lovers quickly. Many lasted no longer than a fortnight and few as long as half a year. (TWOIAF)

most, indeed, were forgotten within a moon’s turn, for Aerys II seemed to grow bored with his royal enthusiasms as quickly as he did his royal paramours. (TWOIAF)

However, unlike Aerys’s many mistresses, Joanna’s affections seem to have been as invincible as the Lannister’s ancestral fortress of Casterly Rock. Here is a comprehensive list of quotes detailing the love between Tywin and Joanna. I am aware that very little is said of Joanna’s feelings in those quotes, but note that GRRM says their marriage was “a love match” and that characters spoke of “the love between them” suggesting mutual feelings of love between Tywin and Joanna.

When Dany asks Barristan if “there [was] some woman [Aerys] loved better than his queen” Barristan flat out says that Aerys did not love Joanna. It should be noted that Barristan has a tendency to romanticize the Targaryens and their relationships (”Rhaegar loved his Lady Lyanna” which is still a big question mark), so if Barristan says Aerys didn’t love Joanna, I think we can say Aerys didn’t love her.

https://joannalannister.tumblr.com/p...ase-but-why-do

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote