View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 10:22 PM #24
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Should it be that hard to control their urges?

For argument's sake let's accept that paedophile's have no control over their attractions, but why should it require that much self control not to carry out what is obviously a disgusting act? If a man sees an attractive woman walking down the street he might feel the urge to sleep with her but that wouldn't mean he has to go to great lengths to stop himself assaulting her. Why would a paedophile's urges be so much more overpowering that he has to lock himself away to stop himself acting on them
I would imagine the overwhelming majority of people in life will have sexual relations with some one or other at points in their life. Most regularly through relationships. Total self seclusion from any form of sexual contact would be a difficult task and for someone that is exclusively attracted to pre-pubescent children that would mean total seclusion from sex altogether.

If someone told me as a teenager I would never have sex with women ever and i would never be able to I really can't imagine how hard that for me that would be.

As abhorrent as pedophilia is I just can't help feel sympathy for those who are struck by it and spend their entire lives resisting whatever urges befall them.

Last edited by Kyle; 01-05-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Kyle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote