View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 08:30 PM #343
-

-

I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)
7/10

One of the many (not really) post-Scream slasher flicks to grace our screens in the late 90's, some may say this is a rip-off of Scream or Tesco Scream or whatever. And yes, it pretty much is. But that doesn't stop it being quite an enjoyable slasher flick on its own. The plot of this one is four teenagers hit a stranger whilst driving in a car and they dump his body in the sea and make a pact to never mention what they just did again or to never tell anyone and keep it a secret from everyone they know including the police. Fast forward a year later and the four friends have parted their own ways until they each begin to get notes reading "I Know What You Did Last Summer" and begin to get picked off one by one by a fisherman with a hook for hands.

Pretty much your typical slasher film - teenagers, killer, body-count. Being a massive slasher fan myself, of course I'm going to enjoy it. It's got nothing on Scream, ofc. But it's still a fun, enjoyable film that shouldn't be taken too seriously. It's got a good cast - Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ryan Phillipe, Freddie Prinze Jr, Johnny Galecki. The killer is very creepy, imo. A fisherman with a slicker and a hook for hands. Quite original and something a bit different from the usual knife that's mainly used as a weapon in these sort of films. Plus, there's a brilliant chase scene with Sarah Michelle Gellar (far better than her Scream 2 one) which I just love and is worth watching just for that alone.

Last edited by Jason.; 05-10-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Jason. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote