BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan57 View Post
It looks like it's going to be both a home console and a handheld in one! It has detachable controllers.

Handheld that connects to your TV.
Power level is somewhere between Wii U and Xbox One.
Will use cartridges.
Using Nvidia technology so no backwards compatibility.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...le-controllers
I heard about this "rumor" when development was announced and was hoping it would be true. Had a feeling it would be, but it could still potentially flop though. A lot of parents are buying kids the handhelds. 3ds was up there in price point at first, but not prohibitively expensive to replace. This seems like it could alienate some of that market with the price point. I hope not though. I want it to succeed.

Personally, I'm more willing to buy this than a Wii U as it lowers my investment. The games are expensive as well and first party (the reason you buy Nintendo) never really goes on sale. The console experience for me is a major investment, not only in money but time. I have a hard time justifying the cash. I already have a workhorse for a PC due to the nature of my work, so it's easier for me to get something on Steam sales for "relax time" than to buy a standalone console, purchase controllers, games, any other memory cards, setup services.... gets harder to justify the money + time investments after years of playing the game.

Also Nintendo really needs to get serious about their store. They're behind the times.

Last edited by Maru; 04-08-2016 at 12:15 AM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote