Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 11:50 AM #1
User banned

User banned

Default Can trump finally kill evil political correctness?

If he can achieve just this alone , that would be a massive success. Can Trump free us all from this insane liberal PC straight jacket which has destroyed freedom of speech and turned us all into one big basket case where anyone and everyone claims to be discriminated against all the time simply to avoid justice or make fake claims for compensation!
Old 12-11-2016, 11:56 AM #2

Favourites:
BBUSA22: Janelle

Favourites:
BBUSA22: Janelle

Yes let's legalise discrimination
Old 12-11-2016, 11:58 AM #3
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

Banned

Favourites (more):

Donald defeated Clinton and all the media networks working on her behalf so YES he can easily do this. No problem!
Old 12-11-2016, 12:02 PM #4
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewire View Post
Yes let's legalise discrimination
no lets legalise free speech....i.e. if the world has world wide radical isamic terrorism that kills over 35000 innocent people across the western world , lets be allowed to call it that, lets be allowed to talk about it, lets be allowed to openly discuss how to deal with it and lets be allowed to put in place a policy that deals with it and protects the public at large. Lets also be allowed to actually have freedom of speech for writers and comics without fear of reprisal or execution.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:03 PM #5

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

You know.I doubt it.He won't have enough time.
The thing with politics is that it's like a constant game of tug of war.Political attitudes are constantly being pulled back and forth.People will pull back to the left in 4 years time i think.Just as people are sick of all the PC bull****,integration and fragility of the left now.If too much is drastically changed then there will be a bigger pull towards the left.A certain balance is needed and policies brought in gradually to change things for the better.Imo.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:10 PM #6
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
You know.I doubt it.He won't have enough time.
The thing with politics is that it's like a constant game of tug of war.Political attitudes are constantly being pulled back and forth.People will pull back to the left in 4 years time i think.Just as people are sick of all the PC bull****,integration and fragility of the left now.If too much is drastically changed then there will be a bigger pull towards the left.A certain balance is needed and policies brought in gradually to change things for the better.Imo.
PC is a bull**** make believe post - truth language invented by corrupt politicians, mostly on the left , simply to try and label everyone who questions them as racist, sexist bigots. Its a disgusting subversion of our culture and destroys justice in the courts and free speech. The other offshoots it brings are horrific where we have different courts for different groups of people and endlessly eroding our own beliefs, culture and rights. Who would have believed it would lead to 20,000 children being abused or 34000 innocents being executed by terrorrists across 50 western nations. These facts alone underline what an evil dangerous poison PC really is.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:13 PM #7
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

The fact that he removed the 'ban all Muslims' pledge from his policies minutes after his win I think he's going to do just that

Last edited by Pete.; 12-11-2016 at 12:13 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:14 PM #8
Banned

Banned

People thinking that PC is evil = People who are upset that their opinions no longer reflect that of the majority.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:21 PM #9

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

"I wish I could openly abuse black people and get away with it" -The Truth-
Old 12-11-2016, 12:23 PM #10
Banned

Banned

Also Freedom of Speech hasn't been 'destroyed' by PC, bigots are just mad that people don't applaud them every time they spew their bile.

Have your opinions but FoS doesn't mean that everyone has to accept your opinions. That's the real problem that people who take issue with PC have, they expect their opinion to be celebrated and they think it's an attack on their rights if anyone thinks any differently.

Last edited by Tom4784; 12-11-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:25 PM #11
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete. View Post
The fact that he removed the 'ban all Muslims' pledge from his policies minutes after his win I think he's going to do just that
1) He didnt actually say that, pls stop the misquotes. He said he was calling for a TEMPORARY shut down of all muslims until the government can work out what was going on....he later changed this from a temporary ban, to extreme vetting.

2) No other politician was addressing this enormous worldwide threat or was even allowed to use the words radical islamic terrorism. The fact he at least dared address this elephant in the room, is one major fact why he won. He could have been more tactful but the real message is , he is not afraid of these radicals, he will not be bullied into talking about it and he will act on it if this worldwide mass terrorist threat doesnt relent. He is the ONLy candidate who stressed the first rule of president is to protect his own people.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:26 PM #12
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
1) He didnt actually say that, pls stop the misquotes. He said he was calling for a TEMPORARY shut down of all muslims until the government can work out what was going on....he later changed this from a temporary ban, to extreme vetting.

2) No other politician was addressing this enormous worldwide threat or was even allowed to use the words radical islamic terrorism. The fact he at least dared address this elephant in the room, is one major fact why he won. He could have been more tactful but the real message is , he is not afraid of these radicals, he will not be bullied into talking about it and he will act on it if this worldwide mass terrorist threat doesnt relent. He is the ONLy candidate who stressed the first rule of president is to protect his own people.
Well regardless this unconstitutional policy is dead now
Old 12-11-2016, 12:29 PM #13

Quote:
If he can achieve just this alone , that would be a massive success. Can Trump free us all from this insane liberal PC straight jacket which has destroyed freedom of speech and turned us all into one big basket case where anyone and everyone claims to be discriminated against all the time simply to avoid justice or make fake claims for compensation!
I certainly hope so. Although it is up to us to say what we feel and mean. If people want to label us racist etc., because of our statements, then so be it. It's the happy clappy liberal types who creep around scared to offend anyone who have brought us to this.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:32 PM #14

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete. View Post
Yes, he spouted hot air to get elected. He's going soft already on several issues, more to come....some people are going to be disappointed. The thing is, he didn't ever say HOW he was going to achieve all the things he pledged, but his supporters didn't seem to care, he was saying what they wanted to hear and they just believed...
Old 12-11-2016, 12:32 PM #15
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjuniper View Post
I certainly hope so. Although it is up to us to say what we feel and mean. If people want to label us racist etc., because of our statements, then so be it. It's the happy clappy liberal types who creep around scared to offend anyone who have brought us to this.
yes but it didnt happen by accident it was an avil scam pulled off by the loony left to take away all free speech ...in a free society we should be able to discuss EVERYTHING openly without fear of reprisal.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:33 PM #16

Quote:
no lets legalise free speech....i.e. if the world has world wide radical isamic terrorism that kills over 35000 innocent people across the western world , lets be allowed to call it that, lets be allowed to talk about it, lets be allowed to openly discuss how to deal with it and lets be allowed to put in place a policy that deals with it and protects the public at large. Lets also be allowed to actually have freedom of speech for writers and comics without fear of reprisal or execution.
A good start would be to do away with sanitized labelling. For example don't say 'honour killing' say what it is - cold blooded murder.
Ethnic cleanising - mass murder. Which fruitloop came up with the idea that by giving something so horrible an innocuous name, it would make it not seem so horrible?
Old 12-11-2016, 12:35 PM #17
User banned

User banned

Quote:
A good start would be to do away with sanitized labelling. For example don't say 'honour killing' say what it is - cold blooded murder.
Ethnic cleanising - mass murder. Which fruitloop came up with the idea that by giving something so horrible an innocuous name, it would make it not seem so horrible?
Good points, well made.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:39 PM #18
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Also Freedom of Speech hasn't been 'destroyed' by PC, bigots are just mad that people don't applaud them every time they spew their bile.

Have your opinions but FoS doesn't mean that everyone has to accept your opinions. That's the real problem that people who take issue with PC have, they expect their opinion to be celebrated and they think it's an attack on their rights if anyone thinks any differently.

If this is true then where has my last post just gone?
Old 12-11-2016, 12:43 PM #19

"PC culture" is just what happens when you start protecting groups of people from being discriminated against, and I'd rather have that than go back to a time where you'd see "no blacks" signs and people being arrested for being gay. The extremes of PC culture happen just because there's extremes to everything, but you can't judge somethings worth in it's entirety on it's extremes alone, otherwise you'll have a very skewed vision of things. To say political correctness is evil simply because there are some examples of evil that can be linked to it (tenuously and ignoring other factors) is ignorant in my view. Sorry if that comes across as personal I don't mean it to but I couldn't think of any other way of describing it. And people still have free speech, you just have to accept that you might be questioned and criticised on the things you say because other people have the right to also do that. Free speech doesn't mean you can just say whatever you want and nobody has the right to be offended by it.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Old 12-11-2016, 12:47 PM #20
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

We also have to faction in that many people in the world that we live in simply cannot handle the truth.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:48 PM #21
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Fear of blame is probably what this is really about and its what allowed children to be raped in Rotherham and elsewhere.

But yes thankfully the people of America have said enough of this lily livered liberal bolloxio

Here is to a new era of plain speaking and recognising elephants in rooms and calling them out regardless if a few souls in California wet their pants over it.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:48 PM #22
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

welcome back Johhny btw

Old 12-11-2016, 12:49 PM #23
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
welcome back Johhny btw

Thanks LT.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:49 PM #24
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
You can talk about it. You can't generalise a group of people because of a select few, or throw in a couple insulting slurs towards an entire group. These rules work well, Trump moving house will have little impact in how people perceive childish or aggressive hate speech. But sure, talk about it. Just be grown ups when ya do and literally nobody will have a problem.

Freedom of speech for writers exist, but if you're passing off ludicrous claims and gross generalisations, then your speech will likely be critiqued. You have the freedom to choose who sees your words, if you're feeling too sensitive for scrutiny, I'd avoid public forums.

Last edited by Withano; 12-11-2016 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:50 PM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I don't thing many would disagree with what you say here Jenny. I certainly wouldn't. But non - PC can also be taken too far....just as PC can be taken too far. It just takes common sense.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
correctness, evil, finally, kill, political, trump