Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB5 Nadia, Michelle, Stuart, Jason and the rest of the Big Brother 5 housemates.

Old 02-10-2004, 07:28 PM #1

Default Why oh Why Ant & Dec?

Did anyone else watch Nadia being set up in a haunted house on Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway? I planned to watch the show not expecting the vacuous bint to be on, so got quite a shock when Ant annouced at the start of the programme Nadia was to be a guest. My head sank into my hands. Oh mercy.

However, it was that moment I made a decision to put my previous held feelings on Nadia aside and give her the benefit of the doubt in case, for some strange reason, I had misjudged her. So when her brief moment to prove what a great personality she has, Nadia only reaffirmed how absolutely awful and characterless she is. Dreadfully unfunny and painfully unwatchable. As usual, Nadia was dressed like a tart covered in make-up still repeating those tired old phrases 'oh darling' and 'oh my God' (can't she hold a conversation?). The rest of the time she just had that vacant look pouting her lips to camera with that "don't I look gorgeous darlings" look. Painful.

I feel sorry for Ant & Dec, whom I both like very much, choosing such a pointless person to play a joke on. I suspect all the Big Brother haters hating BB even more, and wondering how on earth fans of the show could vote for such an empty-headed person to win the series.

I share their feelings.
AndyJK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 07:35 PM #2

I thought it was OK.
I also Think BB haters should watch The Farm and complain about that rather than just picking on BB!

And If BB haters hate Nadia so much then why watch her on the show, seems silly to me but perhaps BB haters are
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 07:47 PM #3
WAHEY

Favourites:
BB12: Jay
BB11: John James

WAHEY

Favourites:
BB12: Jay
BB11: John James

i thought it was the worst ant and dec show ever, because boring nadia was on there.
Kore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 08:19 PM #4

Quote:
Originally posted by Kore
i thought it was the worst ant and dec show ever, because boring nadia was on there.
Quote:
Originally posted by Amy
And If BB haters hate Nadia so much then why watch her on the show, seems silly to me but perhaps BB haters are
Rest's case. I'm only joking Kore, HONEST!
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 11:04 PM #5

I love nadia but thought the stunt was a bit crap tbh!
Lance is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 11:08 PM #6

I thought Nadia looked great and she took the joke well, but it wasn't their best "Undercover" to be honest.
Julia L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 09:24 AM #7

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Yeah I agree about the undercover but Nadia looked great. Cant wait to see the others though*laughs at the Bsusted 1*
BigSister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:10 PM #8

I thought she looked great. The stunt wasn't brilliant, but much as I like them, all the set pieces are about Ant and Dec really.

The opening bedscene was hilarious though, and well worth having the guests on for!

Listen, a less than outstanding Sat Night Takeaway is still streets ahead of almost anything else on the telly.
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:37 PM #9

Quote:
Originally posted by Amy
I thought it was OK.
I also Think BB haters should watch The Farm and complain about that rather than just picking on BB!

They don't have a choice though Amy. They've tuned in to watch Ant & Dec, not Nadia. ITV is usually a Big Brother free zone and viewers have no decision over content on these light-entertainment shows. I don't particularly like Robbie Williams but he was on the show, and I don't see why I should switch over everytime his ugly mug appears.

And how can anyone say Nadia looks 'great'? Nadia is hideous. Those camera close-ups on Big Brother of Nadia were frightening. She's fat, stumpy, short, bow-legged, moon-faced, covers herself in make-up, (and let's not forget there's man under all that); devoid of any charisma, personality, intelligence and has no discernable talent whatsoever. The reason why Nadia won BB is because of the majority of female viewers who don't judge contestants on substance or intellect. They're only interested in looks (as some of you are proving by concentrating on Nadia's appearance on Ant & Dec).

She's unable to engage in any conversation keeping to squeeling monosyllabic phrases, and barely able to even speak the English language whilst pouting to the camera (urrrgh!) like a glamour model. She is incredibly thick and vain. And if she must appear on TV, may I suggest to her agent that he/she keeps Nadia on programmes where the viewers are on her intellectual level like Beebies or those other morning shows aimed for babies.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:07 PM #10

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyJK
Quote:
Originally posted by Amy
I thought it was OK.

They don't have a choice though Amy. They've tuned in to watch Ant & Dec, not Nadia. ITV is usually a Big Brother free zone and viewers have no decision over content on these light-entertainment shows. I don't particularly like Robbie Williams but he was on the show, and I don't see why I should switch over everytime his ugly mug appears.

And how can anyone say Nadia looks 'great'? Nadia is hideous. Those camera close-ups on Big Brother of Nadia were frightening. She's fat, stumpy, short, bow-legged, moon-faced, covers herself in make-up, (and let's not forget there's man under all that); devoid of any charisma, personality, intelligence and has no discernable talent whatsoever. The reason why Nadia won BB is because of the majority of female viewers who don't judge contestants on substance or intellect. They're only interested in looks (as some of you are proving by concentrating on Nadia's appearance on Ant & Dec).

She's unable to engage in any conversation keeping to squeeling monosyllabic phrases, and barely able to even speak the English language whilst pouting to the camera (urrrgh!) like a glamour model. She is incredibly thick and vain. And if she must appear on TV, may I suggest to her agent that he/she keeps Nadia on programmes where the viewers are on her intellectual level like Beebies or those other morning shows aimed for babies.
I totally agree with what your saying Andy, why is it everyone talks like Nadia is perfect? fair play to her because she won BB but now she keeps appearing everywhere and even when she looks or does something bad its still "Nadia looks great" when the truth is she does'nt but people still keep saying it.
Mike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 04:37 PM #11

Yeah, but everyone's got different opinions - none of them are wrong, they just show everyone's got different ideas about things. Ergo, the ones who like Nadia will say good things about her, the ones that don't will detract her.

*shrugs* People are different, that's all.
Julia L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 05:41 PM #12

Julia, your eloquence encapsulates all that need be said on the matter.

Can I also remark in passing that Dan looks absolutely fantastic on your avatar!
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 09:42 PM #13

Quote:
Originally posted by Julia L
Yeah, but everyone's got different opinions - none of them are wrong, they just show everyone's got different ideas about things. Ergo, the ones who like Nadia will say good things about her, the ones that don't will detract her.

*shrugs* People are different, that's all.
As I said Julia, I put aside my previous held thoughts on Nadia in an attempt to see if I was wrong about her. She only went on to prove how boring she is, and reaffirming why she didn't deserve to win the series. I really do not understand what the public see in her. I really don't.

The problem I have, which other BB fans fail to understand or sympathise with, is people like me are fed up with the best contestants in the show being booted out early, with the undeserving ones going on to win. It's happened the last two series to such an extent that I believe the voting system should be changed. Quiet housemates that sit at the back, shouldn't be at the end. This is wrong.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike

I totally agree with what your saying Andy, why is it everyone talks like Nadia is perfect? fair play to her because she won BB but now she keeps appearing everywhere and even when she looks or does something bad its still "Nadia looks great" when the truth is she does'nt but people still keep saying it.
That's all that say about Nadia about how great she looks. Who cares? She looks like a bulldog chewing a wasp. And she has the charisma to match.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:51 PM #14

I thought she looked really good actually. The opening bed scene was brilliant. Unfortunately, it was all downhill from there though. The stunt was awful. Badly staged and the make-up was pathetic.

Truth to tell I am not a fan of Ant and Dec's show. I think they are the most over-rated pair ever in fact...but I accept mine is a minority view.
peachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 08:03 PM #15

She looked good but the undercover idea wasnt as good as others have been!
Lance is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 08:59 PM #16

On a rating of 1 to 10 as a stunt I would give it 1 - bit of a wash out completely - Nadia didnt have the faintest idea what was going on. And as for Nadia being on programmes - she is invited to be on them - if they want to pay her money to appear why not.
BusyBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 09:31 PM #17
Administrator

Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by peachy
I thought she looked really good actually. The opening bed scene was brilliant. Unfortunately, it was all downhill from there though. The stunt was awful. Badly staged and the make-up was pathetic.

Truth to tell I am not a fan of Ant and Dec's show. I think they are the most over-rated pair ever in fact...but I accept mine is a minority view.
Peachy! Where the devil have you been? Chasing after that Malachi chap, no doubt!

Have to agree with you that the stunt was one of the worst I've seen, and the 'false faces' were awful. That's probably why most of the action took place in the pitch dark.

Nadia was completely clueless, though . . . she didn't even realise it WAS Ant & Dec until 10 minutes after the stunt had finished. I think that was the most cringeworthy thing about the whole scenario.

But I have to say . . . . . I do normally like Ant & Dec!
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 11:18 PM #18

I agree that the stunt was awful. It's not a patch on some of their earlier ideas. Picture the scene: Some celeb gets a call out of the blue paying them to be whisked around a supposedly haunted house. That must seem a little bit suspect. Then on set, cue eerie sounds, floating sheets with Ant and Dec in terrible make-up dragging the unsuspecting celeb around whilst trying desperately hatd to appear scared. It might have appeared more genuine had Derek Accora be in attendance.

And do you all, as Big Brother fans, feel I'm being unfair towards Nadia? I don't feel I'm getting much support from anyone. I feel like the big baddie here
Old 05-10-2004, 10:25 AM #19

Everyone is entitled to their own viewpoint. Personally I thought Nadia was a bit thick not to catch on it was all a fake. She seemed to be completely lost and not know what was going on. I dont think she has got this 'celebrity appearance on tv' thingy right yet.

And Peachy - welcome back from me too - we've missed you.
BusyBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 04:16 PM #20

Well I forgot about the Ant & Dec show. From what I have read hear thank goodness I did.

I saw more than enough of that smoke bellowing third rate drag queen when she/he was on BB.
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 09:56 PM #21

Here's some pictures of this - if anyone's interested

Rest here
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 04:04 PM #22

Gee, thanks James

I'm still laughing at the second pic down. See what I mean about Nadia's vacant, expressionless look. She looks like a cross between Lurch, Morticia and Uncle Fester from The Addams Family.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ant, dec