Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:26 AM #1
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I can't see Bohemian Rhapsody getting nominated for awards when Bryan Singer is still credited as director.
It wouldn't surprise me if they did everything they could to get his name stricken from the credits tbh. He was fired from the film after all so it wouldn't be hard.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:00 AM #2
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..it’s a shame they’re both similar release times...Freddie’s story is so interesting and obviously factual...Star is Born is a fictional remake ...so they’re completely different in every which way...but both music based obviously, so I guess will be directly compared...both trailers look incredible and it’ll be like Sophie’s Choice thing to me I’m sure ..in terms of which is the better...I WON’T CHOOSE...no one can make me...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:44 PM #3
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..it’s a shame they’re both similar release times...Freddie’s story is so interesting and obviously factual...Star is Born is a fictional remake ...so they’re completely different in every which way...but both music based obviously, so I guess will be directly compared...both trailers look incredible and it’ll be like Sophie’s Choice thing to me I’m sure ..in terms of which is the better...I WON’T CHOOSE...no one can make me...
You don’t need to chose you can see both

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:28 AM #4
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
You don’t need to chose you can see both
..yeah I will be watching both, Smithy..but I’m not sure if I’ll go the the cinema to watch Bohemian Rhapsody though...I might wait for the DVD version but I’ll see, I’m not sure yet..but I definately will do the cinema thing with GaGa’s edition of A Star is Born...

..actually with Freddie’s story..?...I’m particularly interested in seeing the on screen portrayal of his relationship with Mary Austin ..his muse and great love etc...I’m not familiar with the actress who will be playing her..so that’s something to look forward to as well...how Lucy Boynton is going to put Mary on screen...
Old 05-09-2018, 07:32 PM #5
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..yeah I will be watching both, Smithy..but I’m not sure if I’ll go the the cinema to watch Bohemian Rhapsody though...I might wait for the DVD version but I’ll see, I’m not sure yet..but I definately will do the cinema thing with GaGa’s edition of A Star is Born...

..actually with Freddie’s story..?...I’m particularly interested in seeing the on screen portrayal of his relationship with Mary Austin ..his muse and great love etc...I’m not familiar with the actress who will be playing her..so that’s something to look forward to as well...how Lucy Boynton is going to put Mary on screen...
Ugh slay

I honestly haven’t even heard anything about it, but I’m always really wary of biographical films bc 9/10 theyre terrrible

The scars on my mind are on replay

Last edited by Smithy; 05-09-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:39 AM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if they did everything they could to get his name stricken from the credits tbh. He was fired from the film after all so it wouldn't be hard.
It's because of Directors Guild of America rules he gets credited. I think the usual rule is - when a film has multiple directors - that the person who directs more than 50% of the film gets sole credit.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:31 PM #7
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I’ve just googled Bryan Singer...I had no idea of the allegations...I’ve been living in a bubble...

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
93%, absolutely, born, bradley or gaga, brilliant, classic, clips, guardian, instant, male or female, meta, metacritic, oscars, positive, predicting, premiere, review, reviews, rotten, rt, star, sweep, tomato, trailer, variety