Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here Discuss series 20 of ITV's jungle reality show, which starts 15th November 2020.

Closed Thread

Old 21-11-2018, 03:12 PM #126

Did Anne refuse to do anything else last night? I didn't watch.

I have a diagnosis of Aspergers and I was so sad to see Anne refuse to do even the most menial of things like wash the dishes on the previous episode. It is further making the whole country believe that we are incapable of living independently, that opportunities must be denied to us because we could not possibly cope. It's because of that perception that I never tell anyone of my diagnosis because I don't want them to look at me in that way.

People on the Aspergers side of the autism spectrum usually live independently, just as Anne does. She lives alone (albeit in a bit of a **** hole from what she said), she travels into London every day for work, she handles the stress of recalling facts on a television set in front of an audience. She lives a great life, just as so many of us with Aspergers do. So many people with Aspergers go on to become academics and doctors and engineers because our difficulties drive us to want to succeed and better ourselves.

Most of us are a god damn mess when we're teenagers, I was too. But by adulthood we have learnt more about life and society and we usually try our hardest to fit in and lead as normal a life as possible because we don't want to be perceived differently. We have difficulties and some 'normal' things are off limits, e.g. I could never to go a club or a loud party because I would be so awkward and not have a clue what to do. It's also true that we can find it difficult to process things. However most of us wouldn't find it difficult to process the most basic things like how to wash a pot, certainly not by Anne's age, but even if we did, most of us would take two minutes to process it and then join in with the rest of the group once we're ready.

Sorry for the long post. I am just frustrated because I think she is using the autism card either because she is lazy or because she wants sympathy, and it's annoying me because I don't want the whole country to think we're all like that. There are some things that I can understand. I would find the first day or two in the jungle difficult to cope with too, just as Anne did. I'd definitely hide it from the others and I wouldn't want to show other people that I was struggling but if Anne wanted to express herself in that way then so be it, we all deal with things differently. But I think she takes the piss a bit sometimes.

Last edited by mxhunter; 21-11-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 21-11-2018, 03:13 PM #127

I think you're confused.

Anne hasn't "refused" to do anything.
Old 21-11-2018, 03:15 PM #128

I'm not confused about anything, if I used the wrong word I apologise. I'll get my thesaurus out for my next post. But I saw with my own eyes Anne not wash the dishes on the previous episode. The rest of the team facilitated that decision, they encouraged her not to participate, but it's just frustrating to see her not make an effort regardless of what the team says and try and get involved anyway and explaining and justifying the whole thing on the basis of her diagnosis.

Last edited by mxhunter; 21-11-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 21-11-2018, 03:16 PM #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxhunter View Post
I'm not confused about anything, if I used the wrong word I apologise. I'll get my thesaurus out for my next post. But I saw with my own eyes Anne not wash the dishes on the previous episode. The rest of the team facilitated that decision, but it's just frustrating to see her not make an effort regardless of what the team says and try and get involved anyway.
You are confused. Probably because you didn't watch.

She didn't refuse to do anything.
Old 21-11-2018, 03:18 PM #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
You are confused. Probably because you didn't watch.

She didn't refuse to do anything.
I am not confused, you are confused. I didn't watch last nights episode, but I did watch the previous one. As I mentioned in my first post. And in my first post I said that she didn't participate in basic tasks like washing the pots, and her not participating was discussed in the wider context of her not being able to process it because of her diagnosis. And I am saying that I believe that to be false.

Last edited by mxhunter; 21-11-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old 21-11-2018, 03:20 PM #131
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Did Anne refuse to do anything else last night? I didn't watch.

I have a diagnosis of Aspergers and I was so sad to see Anne refuse to do even the most menial of things like wash the dishes on the previous episode. It is further making the whole country believe that we are incapable of living independently, that opportunities must be denied to us because we could not possibly cope. It's because of that perception that I never tell anyone of my diagnosis because I don't want them to look at me in that way.

People on the Aspergers side of the autism spectrum usually live independently, just as Anne does. She lives alone (albeit in a bit of a **** hole from what she said), she travels into London every day for work, she handles the stress of recalling facts on a television set in front of an audience. She lives a great life, just as so many of us with Aspergers do. So many people with Aspergers go on to become academics and doctors and engineers because our difficulties drive us to want to succeed and better ourselves.

Most of us are a god damn mess when we're teenagers, I was too. But by adulthood we have learnt more about life and society and we usually try our hardest to fit in and lead as normal a life as possible because we don't want to be perceived differently. We have difficulties and some 'normal' things are off limits, e.g. I could never to go a club or a loud party because I would be so awkward and not have a clue what to do. It's also true that we can find it difficult to process things. However most of us wouldn't find it difficult to process the most basic things like how to wash a pot, certainly not by Anne's age, but even if we did, most of us would take two minutes to process it and then join in with the rest of the group once we're ready.

Sorry for the long post. I am just frustrated because I think she is using the autism card either because she is lazy or because she wants sympathy, and it's annoying me because I don't want the whole country to think we're all like that. There are some things that I can understand. I would find the first day or two in the jungle difficult to cope with too, just as Anne did. I'd definitely hide it from the others and I wouldn't want to show other people that I was struggling but if Anne wanted to express herself in that way then so be it, we all deal with things differently. But I think she takes the piss a bit sometimes.
My thinking to as you rightly say she leads a near normal life, keeping down a trying tv job in front of millions ,lives alone ,so no support but coming over very needy with her campmates ,and don't forget Anne didnt check to see if she had aspergers until she was in her 40s
Old 21-11-2018, 03:21 PM #132
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

How is she using the Autism card?

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 21-11-2018, 03:21 PM #133

Quote:
I am not confused, you are confused. I didn't watch last nights episode, but I did watch the previous one. As I mentioned in my first post. And in my first post I said that she didn't participate in basic tasks like washing the pots, and her not participating was discussed in the wider context of her not being able to process it because of her diagnosis. And I am saying that I believe that to be false.
You watching her not participating in pot washing is not the same as her "refusing" to do anything.

You've taken a clip and made a mountain of assumptions based on it.

She didn't excuse herself from pot washing on the basis of autism. She said social etiquette doesn't always come naturally to her so it just wouldn't occur to her in a group setting to join when tasks are being carried out.

Her struggling with menial household chores was a separate context where she discussed how housework can build up to a point where she finds it overwhelming to start tackling it all and finds it hard to start logically working through a list of chores.

Not once has she said she can't wash a pot because she has Aspergers.

Last edited by Marsh.; 21-11-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Old 21-11-2018, 03:22 PM #134

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

lets hope she dont start cooking (not that the lazy cow will) i dont fancy days old sweat dripping into my kangaroo stew.

Last edited by parmnion; 21-11-2018 at 03:23 PM. Reason: grammar police on duty
Old 21-11-2018, 03:23 PM #135
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
lets hope she dont start cooking (not that the lazy cow will" i dont fancy days old sweat dripping into my kangaroo stew.
Are you going in?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 21-11-2018, 03:23 PM #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
My thinking to as you rightly say she leads a near normal life, keeping down a trying tv job in front of millions ,lives alone ,so no support but coming over very needy with her campmates ,and don't forget Anne didnt check to see if she had aspergers until she was in her 40s
"Didn't check"?

You act as though it's like popping online to check your bank balance.

She was diagnosed because a woman who was assessing her for financial support saw her struggling to even keep up with basic tasks at home, which included seeing a councellor which led to her diagnosis.

But I'm sure Professor Chuff is more qualified in this field. Is she supposed to wake up one day and think "Omg you know I must be on the autistic spectrum".

Last edited by Marsh.; 21-11-2018 at 03:25 PM.
Old 21-11-2018, 03:25 PM #137
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
lets hope she dont start cooking (not that the lazy cow will) i dont fancy days old sweat dripping into my kangaroo stew.
She's had the same black smudge mark on her boobs since night one ,mind you without someone offers to shower her it could be there until the end of the series
Old 21-11-2018, 03:28 PM #138

Quote:
You watching her not participating in pot washing is not the same as her "refusing" to do anything.

You've taken a clip and made a mountain of assumptions based on it.
No, you're wrong yet again. I watched an episode and saw her not do basic tasks like wash pots. I also saw the rest of the group facilitate that and tell her not to worry about washing the pots, and all these things were explained on the show as being because she has Aspergers and can't process these tasks and I am saying from my own perspective that I believe that to be incorrect.

But continue to dismiss everything I say because I used the wrong word. I didn't realise I had to put significant thought and effort into typing out the perfect post on this site. One of the things that those of us with Aspergers are taught by doctors and others is not to focus too intensely on one fact, to look more broadly.
Old 21-11-2018, 03:30 PM #139

Quote:
"Didn't check"?

She was diagnosed because a woman who was assessing her for financial support saw her struggling to even keep up with basic tasks at home, which included seeing a councellor which led to her diagnosis.

But I'm sure Professor Chuff is more qualified in this field. Is she supposed to wake up one day and think "Omg you know I must be on the autistic spectrum".
And are you any more qualified yourself, Professor Marsh? You're awfully quick to dismiss people and not consider other perspectives. Are you a doctor?
Old 21-11-2018, 03:30 PM #140
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Yall really going to sit behind your computers mocking this woman with her ongoing battle?
Shameful

Spoiler:

Old 21-11-2018, 03:33 PM #141

Quote:
No, you're wrong yet again. I watched an episode and saw her not do basic tasks like wash pots. I also saw the rest of the group facilitate that and tell her not to worry about washing the pots, and all these things were explained on the show as being because she has Aspergers and can't process these tasks and I am saying from my own perspective that I believe that to be incorrect.

But continue to dismiss everything I say because I used the wrong word. I didn't realise I had to put significant thought and effort into typing out the perfect post on this site. One of the things that those of us with Aspergers are taught by doctors and others is not to focus too intensely on one fact, to look more broadly.
It's not just about the word you've taken it all out of context.

At which point did she actually refuse to wash a pot or other campmates said "don't do anything Anne" or it could be that, considering she'd had an emotional day at that point when she was struggling to adjust that they allowed her to keep herself to herself that night.

But, yeah, let's twist her words and throw the "autism card" at her.
Old 21-11-2018, 03:35 PM #142

Quote:
And are you any more qualified yourself, Professor Marsh? You're awfully quick to dismiss people and not consider other perspectives. Are you a doctor?
This might be a witty comeback if it was at all relevant.

"She's using autism as an excuse let's not forget she didn't bother to check if she had it until her 40s"

Is not "another perspective" it's plain ignorance.
Old 21-11-2018, 03:37 PM #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
She's had the same black smudge mark on her boobs since night one ,mind you without someone offers to shower her it could be there until the end of the series
Well this is a lie since we saw her washing in the creek with Rita and later washing again after completing her trial before moving to the next camp.

But yes mock a woman for not being spotless when she's camping in a jungle.
Old 21-11-2018, 03:41 PM #144
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Dont rise to it
Old 21-11-2018, 03:48 PM #145
Senior

Favourites (more):
IAC2018: Noel Edmonds
CBB18: Saira Khan
Senior

Favourites (more):
IAC2018: Noel Edmonds
CBB18: Saira Khan

How dare you have the audacity to say Anne left the trial because her "autism pushed her too far"
Old 21-11-2018, 03:50 PM #146
The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Quote:
"Didn't check"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
And if not, maybe try your hand at being an author for Mills & Boon.
He/him
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
anne, hegarty