Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 18-08-2019, 12:47 PM #76
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
Most people dont want the country turning its back on its neighbours and becoming dependent on america and other distant countries.
And your 1.9 percent majority doesn't give you a mandate to leave in the worst way possible.
So get your head around that instead of spouting farage propaganda
To be fair to Kaz, she was conned and believed the lies she was sold. It happens everyday and we've all been conned in our life, be it by a person in a relationship, or someone selling us something that doesn't turn out to be what was promised. The shame is on the shysters that lied and cheated, not the people that believed them.
Old 18-08-2019, 12:53 PM #77
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
To be fair to Kaz, she was conned and believed the lies she was sold. It happens everyday and we've all been conned in our life, be it by a person in a relationship, or someone selling us something that doesn't turn out to be what was promised. The shame is on the shysters that lied and cheated, not the people that believed them.
*believe

As despite all the evidence pointing to it being a disaster for us, people still stick their heads in the sand and say its nothing to worry about and its just 'project fear'.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 12:59 PM #78

Quote:
The problem is though, the people who do / did believe the lies though are parroting that we will be ok, even in the face of leaked documents, with it becoming more increasingly obvious that a No Deal is going to at best massively impact the poor and vulnerable and at worst bring the country to its knees and impact us all hugely. I'm genuinely worried for my son's generation
Old 18-08-2019, 01:02 PM #79
Sod orf

Sod orf

I'll be absolutely fine.

And I'm poor.

I have nothing to loose, and everything to gain.

Last edited by Alf; 18-08-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 01:04 PM #80
0_o

0_o

What do you feel you will gain by no deal alf? Genuinely curious here.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 18-08-2019, 01:11 PM #81
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
I'll be absolutely fine.

And I'm poor.

I have nothing to loose, and everything to gain.
''everything to gain'' uh no, the poor will struggle in britain after a no deal

the rich will stay rich or gain even more

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 01:15 PM #82

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Most people dont want the country turning its back on its neighbours and becoming dependent on america and other distant countries.
And your 1.9 percent majority doesn't give you a mandate to leave in the worst way possible.
So why don't you get your head round that some people don't agree with you and stop spouting fear all the time.As for Farage, I don't follow him so don't know that much about him ,so there you go again spouting off that you think you know who and what people are listening to.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"

Last edited by Vicky.; 18-08-2019 at 01:27 PM. Reason: sorting quote
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 01:16 PM #83
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
Corbyn is hated throughout the country but you think him being PM won't cause riots
No he isn't. ...you need to put down the tabloids
Old 18-08-2019, 01:24 PM #84
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
The problem is though, the people who do / did believe the lies though are parroting that we will be ok, even in the face of leaked documents, with it becoming more increasingly obvious that a No Deal is going to at best massively impact the poor and vulnerable and at worst bring the country to its knees and impact us all hugely. I'm genuinely worried for my son's generation
He'll be fine. I'm sure in Boris' glorious vision for our country he'll be working 19 hour days in factories before he hits puberty.
Old 18-08-2019, 01:25 PM #85
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Quote:
So why don't you get your head round that some people don't agree with you and stop spouting fear all the time.As for Farage, I don't follow him so don't know that much about him ,so there you go again spouting off that you think you know who and what people are listening to.
So what about BJ's own government saying what a disaster no deal will be? Is BJ part of project fear, too?

Last edited by Vicky.; 18-08-2019 at 01:27 PM. Reason: sorting quote
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 01:34 PM #86

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
So what about BJ's own government saying what a disaster no deal will be? Is BJ part of project fear, too?
Its a mess , not going to deny that and IF Corbyn is so eager to sort Brexit let him back a more popular MP to do it, from what I have seen he is just too desperate to be PM at any costs, lots of MPs want to remain ,hence the blocking of Mays deal all the time , we had a deal it was not good enough for them , so what do they think they can achieve now? and what do you say to all those people who voted to come out ? In a way I hope Corbyn gets in there, lets see what he can do and what he will do if we have another vote and its the same outcome.

Old 18-08-2019, 01:43 PM #87
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Its a mess , not going to deny that and IF Corbyn is so eager to sort Brexit let him back a more popular MP to do it, from what I have seen he is just too desperate to be PM at any costs, lots of MPs want to remain ,hence the blocking of Mays deal all the time , we had a deal it was not good enough for them , so what do they think they can achieve now? and what do you say to all those people who voted to come out ? In a way I hope Corbyn gets in there, lets see what he can do and what he will do if we have another vote and its the same outcome.
I agree that it's a mess, but you seem way too focussed on Corbyn. It wasn't Corbyn who called the ref, he didn't promise you the world, and he didn't lie to you.

I have my own issues with Corbyn's leadership through brexit, and his willingness to play between the margins of leaving and remaining, but lets be 100% clear, none of this mess is his fault.

Your anger is justified, but it needs to be directed at the people who lied and cheated their way to the result, not the folks trying to clear up this mess. However it all pans out, half of us will be pissed off, so instead of wedding yourself to the liars, maybe hold them accountable, and not the opposition leader with policy positions that are only geared towards making the lives of every day citizens better.
Old 18-08-2019, 01:43 PM #88
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Quote:
Says the person reducing other peoples opinion to being influenced 'project fear' ..

You do know that phrase is just right wing media spin don't you? Define project fear for me, because it seems to me it's just mocking people and businesses with relevant concern and genuine anxiety surrounding no deal ...without providing adequate reassurance.

Just what are you listening to?

Last edited by Vicky.; 18-08-2019 at 01:54 PM. Reason: sorting quote..
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 01:54 PM #89

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I agree that it's a mess, but you seem way too focussed on Corbyn. It wasn't Corbyn who called the ref, he didn't promise you the world, and he didn't lie to you.

I have my own issues with Corbyn's leadership through brexit, and his willingness to play between the margins of leaving and remaining, but lets be 100% clear, none of this mess is his fault.

Your anger is justified, but it needs to be directed at the people who lied and cheated their way to the result, not the folks trying to clear up this mess. However it all pans out, half of us will be pissed off, so instead of wedding yourself to the liars, maybe hold them accountable, and not the opposition leader with policy positions that are only geared towards making the lives of every day citizens better.
I don't trust any of them Slim,I am not that politically minded, I am your ordinary bog standard voter ,all I know is it has dragged on and on,no one will be happy with the outcome,I am not angry just bored of it all,I just wish someone would get their finger out and sort it one way or another, it would be nice just to get back to sorting our country out, I can only go by what I hear mostly, i'm a bit of a novice, but can see the country in the main is pissed off with it all. I cant see the EU changing the deal they gave May and it was rejected, so where do we go from there ?

Old 18-08-2019, 01:57 PM #90
0_o

0_o

Quote:
I don't trust any of them Slim,I am not that politically minded, I am your ordinary bog standard voter ,all I know is it has dragged on and on,no one will be happy with the outcome,I am not angry just bored of it all,I just wish someone would get their finger out and sort it one way or another, it would be nice just to get back to sorting our country out, I can only go by what I hear mostly, i'm a bit of a novice, but can see the country in the main is pissed off with it all. I cant see the EU changing the deal they gave May and it was rejected, so where do we go from there ?
Only solution I see really is, another refendum, no deal or revoke. Whichever wins, go for it. Leaving with no deal would pirss offmore than half the country, as a lot of leave voters do not want no deal..or it seems a lot from those I speak to anyway, not sure if its universal or not that they realise they were sold a pack of lies, and know no deal will screw the country..expected some kind of deal as thats what was promised basically.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 18-08-2019, 02:10 PM #91
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
That's fair and understandable. Here's the rub, we already have the best deals in place that we could ever possibly get. What made Mays deal unacceptable, is the fact we know we've already got so much better, when people like Davis and Raab were on TV before the ref telling everyone we'd be the ones dictating everything.

I'll make a deal with you; you be open to changing your mind on brexit, and dispensing with this project fear nonsense, and if you ever want to know anything about it, you pm me and I'll answer your questions, and if I don't know, I'll find out for you.

Not Knowing enough about it isn't a crime, it makes you the perfect target for liars like Johnson.
Old 18-08-2019, 02:22 PM #92

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That's fair and understandable. Here's the rub, we already have the best deals in place that we could ever possibly get. What made Mays deal unacceptable, is the fact we know we've already got so much better, when people like Davis and Raab were on TV before the ref telling everyone we'd be the ones dictating everything.

I'll make a deal with you; you be open to changing your mind on brexit, and dispensing with this project fear nonsense, and if you ever want to know anything about it, you pm me and I'll answer your questions, and if I don't know, I'll find out for you.

Not Knowing enough about it isn't a crime, it makes you the perfect target for liars like Johnson.
Its a deal Slim,I am open minded so you might get a few Pms lol,as I like to learn and obviously want the best for my kids ,its dragged on over 3 years now, and it's dividing the country.

Old 18-08-2019, 02:30 PM #93

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Only solution I see really is, another refendum, no deal or revoke. Whichever wins, go for it. Leaving with no deal would pirss offmore than half the country, as a lot of leave voters do not want no deal..or it seems a lot from those I speak to anyway, not sure if its universal or not that they realise they were sold a pack of lies, and know no deal will screw the country..expected some kind of deal as thats what was promised basically.
But if we still get the same deal as May got we are fooked , I suppose in that scenario, we would have to have another vote , but whichever way it goes people will be pissed.

Old 18-08-2019, 02:36 PM #94
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Yeah, I agree that Corbyn would be better off openly advocating for someone else to take the reigns in a "caretaker government", he's just not liked enough. The general response to him leading one seems to be a resounding "lol no"

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 02:41 PM #95
0_o

0_o

Quote:
But if we still get the same deal as May got we are fooked , I suppose in that scenario, we would have to have another vote , but whichever way it goes people will be pissed.
There wouldnt be a deal involved at all, if the options were to revoke article 50, or no deal.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 18-08-2019, 03:00 PM #96
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

A caretaker government is pointless, another referendum is pointless, it will just continue the argument longer. There won't be a deal that satisfies parliament so we either do no deal or revoke article 50
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 03:03 PM #97
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
A caretaker government is pointless, another referendum is pointless, it will just continue the argument longer. There won't be a deal that satisfies parliament so we either do no deal or revoke article 50
You believe that a no deal or revoke won't continue the argument? Whatever we do will continue the argument, which is why the whole brexit sham was a terrible idea from the off.
Old 18-08-2019, 03:05 PM #98
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
You believe that a no deal or revoke won't continue the argument? Whatever we do will continue the argument, which is why the whole brexit sham was a terrible idea from the off.
No deal will certainly settle the argument

Revoking will stop the chaos of a no deal but will change the political landscape .... but i think the current landscape is on borrowed time anyway
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 03:05 PM #99
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Its a deal Slim,I am open minded so you might get a few Pms lol,as I like to learn and obviously want the best for my kids ,its dragged on over 3 years now, and it's dividing the country.
You realize I hope that whatever happens our relationship with europe will " drag on " ?
Even if there's no deal we will be back trying to negotiate a trade agreement with the EU.
The current deal or no deal is only over our leaving conditions.
So whichever way you cut it, Britain or the EU are not sailing off into the sunset, they remain neighbours and will have to have a regulated relationship one way or another

Last edited by Twosugars; 18-08-2019 at 03:08 PM.
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 03:11 PM #100
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...376.html%3famp

And here's another insult, more lies.. don't worry your safe turns into no you're not safe... what of the EU citizens here? What now of UK citizens in the EU?

Get these idiots out and let Corbyn ask for an extention!

Last edited by Kizzy; 18-08-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
attack, brexit, corbyn, deal, disastrous, mp, response, stop