Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:40 PM #26

Quote:
Originally posted by ElProximo
Quote:
Originally posted by scot
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by scot
Quote:
He just made 20,000 pounds and a free all-expense trip to London and had three days of 'work'.
He is was banging Hoirin last night and probably will again tonight. In his paid hotel room. With his 20 thousand.
In case you were wondering that is about a years income for most Americans.
In 3 days.
He made Endemol I would guess no less than 100,000 for his efforts.
and,
Since he wasn't in there long enough to do anything stupid, foolish, not even enough to look bad etc etc... ...he gets, if anything, just more publicity for his bar, his promotions, his band etc.

Keep in mind - in the USA he just 'pwned' and is the Big Man for doing all this and taking full advantage.
Its a 'win' and its a 'good play'. It is how you are the 'Big Man'.

All of this should be disgusting to everyone here who actually has to work for a living.
where do you get all these figures from?

you say he didnt do anything bad/foolish!!!...eh, aye right.

you seem to be implying the septic tanks watch BBUK?

If the septic tanks do watch BBUK? then maybe in their eyes he is a Big Man(they're not renowned for their powers of perception are they)but in the eyes of brits he' a wet turd.

I already used this quote to describe Isaac, but like Hoskins says in The Long Good Friday - He's a long streak of paralysed p**s.

I think in light of Isaac's cowardice this phrase is very apt in describing the dribble.

and as for banging Noirin - raaalphhh.
The figure was 20,000 for his appearance. Just going with what seems to be agreed upon and reported.
How much money did he make Big Brother?
No idea, just throwing a somewhat educated guesstimate out there. You would need a total accountant geek to try and figure out how many more votes were incited and how many more viewers since the Isaac arrival and so on.

Most of his 3 days is him arriving as the 'Big Man' who just takes the woman from the UK 'leading man'.
He then kisses the pretty lady.
He shows off a bit.
He walks out.
IF he had stayed there was only going to be more incidents he could look bad in. Only more likely he is past the 'initial clowning' and show-off and initial politeness and into embarrassing arguments,
and,
Had he stayed any longer he ends up dressed as a bird in a silly task etc.
He didn't. He got out after getting to make the 'splash' and before anything got too personal (for him involved) and before any silly tasks.

Most yanks do not watch Big Brother UK however I was saying that 'if anything' he was just in long enough to get media publicity and bragging rights and some reputation of having been on Big Brother but without much to haunt him.

He wont be seen as 'cowardly' at all but get 'high-fives' from his 'bros' for actually spending the least amount of time to make the most amount of money and then bangin his gal in his expenses paid hotel room before his paid flight back to the USA.
He won't be in the UK where his 'grab the money and run' is seen more as cowardly (and I lean to that view personally).

No doubt about it he has to be a total fukktard to be dating Noirin,
but,
keep in mind they are professional reality show contestants and he is her pimp in this situation and she entirely planned to start as many 'relationships' as possible and he well knew that is what his girlfriend was going to do as part of her job.
Can you just imagine (if you dare) those two shallow obnoxious ***** living beside you?
Just awful.
I'd move.
jeeesh, you sound like you have psych profiled the feck outa this guy.

But you see that's just it. Everything you have posted above is the 'reality of the situ' as seen through the eyes of Isaac(and maybe american frat boy types). things like his - clowing and showing off - are seen, by most people, as cringengly embarresing and etc...but, no doubt, super cool by Isaac and a few others.

I think the only place where 'Isaac has been a success' is in his own estimation of how he performed. I think for most observers he has been a very embarresing yuky kinda guy. Even a little bit creepy. A weird mix of...oh feck, you know what i mean.

I asked how you know re the cash figures as it does intrigue me how much monatery gain HMs can expect etc. Personally i dont think its as much as others might think. But yeah maybe Isaac got given a fair wad. Bu then again he's prob do it for flight fare and modest expenses just to get on telly?
Sure but the point here is about his 'cowardice' or not and that only works in Isaacs context.
No doubt in my mind having spent more time than I'd like among 'Isaacs' in the USA is that his actions were earning him high-fives from his bros and if anything he is all the better for having just shown up, pwned english people, took the money and run.
But again - he isn't in the UK to be 'cowardly' and he is only doing what is 'cool' to him, in his context and in his world where he will be.
In short time he is actually going to get cheers for having great balls and courage for what he did.
They will be laughing at Brits and harder when he shows them that Siavash was actually the 'male heartthrob' but high five about how he just ****** walked in and said "Im your Daddy biatch" and walked out the next day.

Again.. it wont matter what people in the UK think because he isn't in the UK and his actions are not going to be translated into a UK perspective.

Oh well.
I think this is talked out anyways.
I hear ya and get it. Though my head boggles at the mindset and value system of the yanks. It's sort of funny but frightening too. Weird how in british culture what is seen as loserism translates to super cool stateside.
scot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:09 PM #27
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

All expenses paid trip to the uK

2 and a half days "work" if you could call it work.

A lot of good publicity on the spin off shows.

Guaranteed shags, for at least a couple of days from a girl who is attracted to.

A few appearances on chat shows (and the appearance fee for them). And the potential for raising his profile on the US circuit.

£20,000 for enduring the hardships of the above

Yeah he may be a complete fud in every way people seem to think he is, but I wouldnt mind having his luck for a few weeks.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:15 PM #28

Quote:
Originally posted by Shasown
All expenses paid trip to the uK

2 and a half days "work" if you could call it work.

A lot of good publicity on the spin off shows.

Guaranteed shags, for at least a couple of days from a girl who is attracted to.

A few appearances on chat shows (and the appearance fee for them). And the potential for raising his profile on the US circuit.

£20,000 for enduring the hardships of the above

Yeah he may be a complete fud in every way people seem to think he is, but I wouldnt mind having his luck for a few weeks.
good publicity! lol

what appearences on what chat shows?

even if he did get a gig on a UK chat show how does that raise his profile on the american circuit.

how do you know he got 20k for the gig?
Old 01-08-2009, 03:33 PM #29
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

The way i saw it last night Davina didnt exactly rip into him about being too scared to stay, or scared of the "austere" reality of the BB house. Just bigged him up for wanting to be with his girl.

Somehow I think he will have an agent, and that agent will be touting him to the chat show producers, bet he is on either Loose women, GMTV or some such garbage if it fits in with his flight shedules. i wouldnt be surprised to hear if he does appear on BBLB he got paid extra for that too.

The fact he appeared over here on BB10, and left in support of his girlfriend will raise his earning potential on the US chat circuit. That is if they deem it chatworthy, knowing some of the crap on their shows it will be. The words I used were "the potential".

20k was mentioned in a few other posts on this and other sites, I have no reason to doubt it. (They had to make what would be a convincing offer for him to come to the UK, enter the house and stay in the house for the rest of this series' life, even if he didnt win). Even if he only got 2-3K, its more than I am earning pmsl.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:45 PM #30

Quote:
Originally posted by Shasown
The way i saw it last night Davina didnt exactly rip into him about being too scared to stay, or scared of the "austere" reality of the BB house. Just bigged him up for wanting to be with his girl.

Somehow I think he will have an agent, and that agent will be touting him to the chat show producers, bet he is on either Loose women, GMTV or some such garbage if it fits in with his flight shedules.

The fact he appeared over here on BB10, and left in support of his girlfriend will raise his earning potential on the US chat circuit. That is if they deem it chatworthy, knowing some of the cr*p on their shows it will be. The words I used were "the potential".

20k was mentioned in a few other posts on this and other sites, I have no reason to doubt it. (They had to make what would be a convincing offer for him to come to the UK, enter the house and stay in the house for the rest of this series' life, even if he didnt win). Even if he only got 2-3K, its more than I am earning pmsl.
you could be right re all of the above, but it is kinda based on a lot of assumptions and speculations though. Also i think maybe al of us here on the BB forum and who watch BB are kinda 'bigging up' the whole show and HMs. WE have to bare in mind BB pulls in low viewing figures and is largely ignored and irrelevent to most folk in the UK. As such id say its pretty improbable that any chat shows(inculding the ones you mention)in either the UK or even less the US will even be aware of Isaac and Noirin. This is the first BB i have ever watched and though it has drawn me in and i have enjoyed it i wasnt even aware of the other BBs from former years. I mean i had heard of BB but its was completetly of my radar as a tv show and i think that is the case for most of the veiwing public.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:01 PM #31
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Thats very true, but the whole romantic spin of him "dropping everything in the US, flying over to enter the house, on the chance of her still having feelings for him and wanting to be with him, then leaving the house after she is evicted" is the sort of mush that chat show producers foist off onto the viewing public. And in Endemols eyes will generate some good publicity for BB and increase their profile.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
complete, failure, isaac, man